Home

The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #97
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This is like my beef with the "two profiles can't play against each other on the same Xbox" complaint. My wife and I hated that because one of us has to use a generic golfer and the other gets to use their actual golfer.

And your issue is also something my wife and I both hated because we run a society and always found it dumb that we WANTED TO PLAY OUR GAME WE PAID FOR but we have to wait a day.

People complain about EA and Madden and such but this is a small developer who I thought was really listening and fixing the fixable things but apparently not.

Well said. I commended HB Studios a long time ago for their transparency and listening to people. That, unfortunately has diminished. Sad, because those relationships forged with the user, by listening and whatnot, is what really matters. Rhetorical, I know, but companies like EA have totally lost touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #98
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Well i missed 1 and 2 so this is like a breath of fresh air to me.
Absolutely loving the swing mechanics of this game and not being able zing every fairway and green a la Tigers golf.
My biggest worry was the online connection required as i currently only have a hotspot. But so far it has been flawless on user created courses.
Speaking of which, to me this was worth the price alone.
I remember the days of just wanting a course editor so i could make my own course and now i will have 1000's of them on tap!
So many great ones to check out, played one around ayers rock followed by a blast from the past in Wolf Creek.
Haven't even touched the official ones as i am now hooked on seeing these guys ways of setting up their courses!

Last edited by jr86; 08-30-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #99
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Master clubs seem too easy to anyone else? Especially putting?
Old 08-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 0

Love this game, absolutely gorgeous on the one x.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I find it as challenging as real-life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #102

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Haven't played a ton but my early impressions are in agreement with this.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:42 PM   #103
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

So I've got about 5 or 6 rounds in so far and there's not much I can really say about this one, that I haven't said about TCG1 and 2. It's essentially... the same to me. Visually, it looks better than TGC1 and 2, but it's still far behind where a game should be in this day and age with the horsepower available in these consoles. It looks good, but it's just missing that 2018 video game visuals feeling.

Sound wise... the clubs sound ok. Environments are good. Commentary and presentation type stuff. Awful. Missing. Can't believe they haven't got something better together with this being the third installment of the game now.

Gameplay... it's much the same here IMO. Something is off about the ball physics to me. I'm not really into watching the ball roll through the rough around the edges of bunkers like it's on a flat surface like a green or fairway. Some of the bounces you get off of some slight hills and such on fairways are way too dramatic. It just doesn't feel/look right at all. I've never seen a golf ball do some of the things they do in this game. I also shouldn't be getting 10-20 feet of roll on an approach shot with a pitching wedge on a relatively flat green either.

Still on the gameplay... I absolutely despise the fact they went with the "club set" difficulty garbage again. I'm good with having difficulty options when it comes to the swing mechanic. I like that, but why are they still choosing to limit distance, based on the difficulty level of your clubs? It's just... stupid IMO. Let me pick settings for swing sensitivity, accuracy, tempo etc. Set that up between beginner, pro, or master. Let me pick my settings that way, don't limit the experience of the game. So essentially if you struggle on the more "difficult" sets of clubs, you're now also basically restricted to the shorter tees, and likely easier pin placements too. I get it... it mimics real golf in a way. If you're not a "master", you're not likely hitting as far, and you're more accurate with your swing etc, etc. But, come on... this is a game still. Give the player some options here when it comes to difficulty. Not just 3 settings, that essentially limit your experience.

I love the addition the the handful of PGA courses. They're great to play. Some of the other HB official courses seem nice too, and the course creator is just a dream come true for any golf game. No complaints here at all. Love that they've also given the option to set the course conditions pre-round now. When it comes to green and fairway stiffness, wind etc. etc. That's an extremely welcome addition IMO. Not sure if that carries into career mode as well, but I hope so.

All things considered to me... it's a step forward for the franchise, but it's a pretty small step IMO. It alot of the same to me. I appreciate, and like that they're trying to create a game that leans more towards a sim experience, but I feel they need to give the player more options though to make the game their own.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:14 PM   #104
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm playing this on the Xbox One X and I have to say at times the game is really beautiful. if it had HDR I can imagine it would put it over the top.in general. the water especially and some of the trees that look spectacular compared to Number 2.

I enjoying the game quite a bit yes it needs a few tweaks but overall I have been much happier with this then both either one or version 2. Also happier than I was with Rory M. To me this game is just fun to play and keeps me coming back for more Especially the putting, it is measurably better.

The details and UI and settings and such are leaps and bounds ahead.

I was hoping for another $40 title but at $50 I'm pleased.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »