Home

Going for Glory the Vancouver Failures.

This is a discussion on Going for Glory the Vancouver Failures. within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 44
Re: Going for Glory the Vancouver Failures.

The Vancouver Canucks have sent Taylor Pyatt to the minors after he cleared waivers but on the unfortunate side Curtis Sanford failed to pass through waivers and was claimed by the Pittsburgh Penguins. That’s all the news today on Friday October 3rd I’m Don Taylor of Sportsnet Connected.

Pyatt:

Sanford:

Last edited by star king3; 04-02-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
Banned

The Vancouver Canucks have added AHL depth today with the signing of Petr Kalus to a 3 year 475,000 2 way contract. It is expected that he will report to the Manitoba Moose. In other news, earlier today Brian Boyle has been injured he is expected to be out for about 13 days. Manitoba’s Zach Fitzgerald will be injured for about 19 days. Also Hershey’s Quintin Laing will be out for about 2 months. That's all the news for today folks I'm Don Taylor of Sportsnet Connected.

Kalus:

Fitzgerald:

Boyle:

Laing:
Old 04-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #11
Banned

The Pittsburgh Penguins have added depth on the right wing with playmaker Justin Morrison who has reportedly been signed for 3 years. Tampa Bay has also brought in a former Bolts goalie in John Grahame who inked a 3 year deal. The Rangers went with a veteran down the middle in signing Eric Boguniecki for 3 years what is Drury Gomez and Dubinsky not enough? They also inked Veteran defender Mattias Norstrom for 2 years The Sens also went with Cameron Mann on the right side and Joakim Lindstrom and Chad Kilger on the left and decided to keep them around for 2 years. And lastly Philadelphia Phantoms defender Martin Grenier will be out for about 39 days. Once again I’m Don Taylor of Sportsnet Connected and you’re up to date in the world of sports.

Morrison:

Grahame:

Boguniecki:

Norstrom:

Mann:

Lindstrom:

Kilger:

Grenier:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #12
Banned

Flames versus Canucks at GM Place.

In the booth John Shorthouse and John Garrett.

Subway Starting Goalies brought to you by,

Canucks Goalie:
Roberto Luongo!

Flames Goalie:
Miikka Kiprusoff:

Summary:
Period 1:

Canucks goal scored by #13 Mats Sundin! Assisted by #38 Pavol Demitra and #17 Ryan Kesler! Time of the goal 14:26 “He showed it all pre season and he’s showing it here Pavol is the assist man and Sundin can finish with ease.” John Garrett.

Canucks goal scored by #18 Steve Bernier! Assisted by #2 Mattias Ohlund and #21 Mason Raymond! Time of the goal 15:59. “Here they show that if you leave the points open to cover the Canucks down low it will cost you” John Garrett “Definitely John look at the replay Ohlunds shot goes to the side of the net where Bernier just taps it in.” John Shorthouse.

Canucks goal scored by #36 Jannik Hansen! Assisted by #23 Alex Edler and by #24 Darcy Hordichuk! Time of the goal 18:17. “Again that high to low play pays off again this time as a healthy rebound off of Edlers laser gives Hansen his first of the game and the Canucks a 3-0 lead maybe Mike Keenan will catch this.” John Shorthouse.

Period 2:

Flames goal scored by #14 Olli Jokinen unassisted. Time of the goal 2:24.
“Iginla and Jokinen double teaming Burrows results in a good screen for Jokinen to fire through and beat Luongo that’s a toughie.” John Garrett.

Flames goal scored by #12 Jarome Iginla assisted by #14 Olli Jokinen and by #28 Robyn Regehr. Time of the goal 18:51. “That’s a nice goal by Iginla walking in and roofing it on the break away.” John Shorthouse.

Period 3:

Canucks Goal scored by #8 Willie Mitchell! Assisted by #6 Sami Salo and by #14 Alex Burrows! Time of the goal 1:33. “Salo and Mitchell play pitch and catch and that results in a heavy shot by Mitchell which bulges the twine.” John Shorthouse.

Canucks goal scored by #42 Kyle Wellwood! Assisted by #38 Pavol Demitra and by #18 Steve Bernier! Time of the goal 20:00. “Demitra again beats the icing call throws it to Wellwood who makes no mistake on the 1 timer with 4 milliseconds left.” John Garrett.

Shots 20-18 Canucks.
3rd Pavol Demitra 0g 2a
2nd Jannik Hansen 1g 0a GWG
1st Steve Bernier 1g 1a

Nike Bauer Nuck of the Night,

Pavol Demitra:

Demitra though only the 3rd star was in the right place at the right time and consistently made clear crisp passes which lead to two goals.

2K top chances:

1 Robyn Regehr banks a pass of Kiprusoff and almost over the goal line until Kipper lies on it.
2 Demitra gets 3 whacks at Keslers rebound and almost pots it till Kipper lies back again to rob him.
3 Hansen cuts to the net and almost jammed one 5-hole until kipper leans back and holds it in the hole.

Final score Canucks 5 Flames 2 you’re watching Rogers Sportsnet see you next time folks.

Last edited by star king3; 04-04-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Real nice job, I like the new features, keep it up.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #14
Banned

The Nashville Predators have made the statement that they are pissed off with the injury of starting goalie Dan Ellis who is expected to be out for about 37 days and lucky for the Canucks they face them in that period of time can anyone say blow out? To work out the roster the Preds GM has called up goalie Drew Macintyre from Milwaukie as well as calling up defenseman Nolan Yonkman and left wing Mark Santorelli. With the call ups they had to send down defenseman Cody Franson and left wing Antti Pihlstrom. I’m Don Taylor and you’re up to date in the world of sports.

Ellis:

Macintyre:

Yonkman:

MA Santorelli:

Franson:

Pihlstrom:

Old 04-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet
Real nice job, I like the new features, keep it up.
Thanks J its more work but I like it better and I think people will like it what i also like is how I know the team and know the commentators.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #16
Banned

Interview With New Canucks GM Graham Morrison and New Scout Jeff Shannon:

Dan Murphy: Graham what moves are you planing on making?

GM: With my respect to Jason Labarbera I'm looking to trade him LA Dallas and Florida look to be likely destinations.

DM: Why are you looking to trade him?

GM: According to Jeff Cory Schneider is in good form and looks ready for the NHL.

JS: He definitely is ready he showed it in camp and consistently last season.

DM: Jeff what other prospects look ready?

JS: Michael Grabner and Alex Bolduc look good Bolduc will likely be an Injury call up this year and Grabner will likely replace Hordichuk when Hordini isn't needed.

DM: So i assume we wont see much of him until a trade right?

GM: Thats really up to Alain Vigneault and Jeff but i don't think we will till trade deadline day.

VRRRRRRRRRRRR VRRRRRRRRRRRR

DM: Whats that?

GM: My Blackberry I've just gotten 3 offers for Labarbera.

JS: What are they?

GM: Labarbera for Dan Taylor of LA Matt Zaba of the New York Rangers and for Tobias Stephen of Dallas.

DM: You've heard it here first Jason Labarbera is on his way to LA Dallas or New York.

GM: Maybe. Anyway i have to go field these offers.

JS: I've got a plane to catch as I'm on my way to Manitoba.

DM: thats all for now folks.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »