Home

The life of a goalie

This is a discussion on The life of a goalie within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37
The life of a goalie

My dad was a goalie, and ever since a young age, I just felt that it is what I meant to do in my life.
I played for my Dad's team, The Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL, my early years. I guess you could say I put up respectable numbers.I thought of hockey as a passion yet I never thought I could make it pro. That statement was completely turned around within minutes..
I was getting ready to play a game against the Wildcats when my dad came to me.
"Peter, Do not bother getting dressed up. You performance has been horrible the past three games and there are NHL scouts here and I want them to see us with a real goalie in net"
I told him that if he gave me this one opportunity I will prove him and follow in his footsteps. It took me lots of courage to say that as I was not sure If I could handle the NHL or even the AHL.
I did as I said and stopped 51, FIFTY-ONE shots for a shut out!

After the game everything went well. Reporters were interviewing me and I had a smile that could not leave my face. After 21 games with scouts looking over me, I was told that I was draft eligible in 2008. Things seemed as if they could not get better for me, but they did. I got was told that I would be starting in net for the National U18 tournament. That is where my climb up the draft predictions happened. I was told that I would go in the sixth round. After posting a 2.11 GAA in the tornament, I was projected to go in the second or third round.

All I can do no is watch the draft and hope for the best...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: The life of a goalie

awesome start so far.

one thing to note. a goalie's doesn't see the game of hockey the way every other player does.

it's very hard to explain unless you play hockey, but since you do, i hope i can explain it a little more clearer.

A goalie isn't always a "team player". A lot of goalies only care about stats, and, although they are nice and usually get along with their teammates, they only care about success and not so much about "team play".

also, us goalies are completely, utterly, mentally insane. try giving your guy a goofie pre-game superstition routine.

This past year, my varsity captain (who isn't a goalie, but he IS very superstitious) would lick the entire shaft of his graphite stick before every game, like a giant ice cream cone. That is definitely harder with a goalie stick, but try and think of something strange and goofy like that.

good luck with this, i'm def following, bc im a goalie too!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 44

you know im here.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
awesome start so far.

one thing to note. a goalie's doesn't see the game of hockey the way every other player does.

it's very hard to explain unless you play hockey, but since you do, i hope i can explain it a little more clearer.

A goalie isn't always a "team player". A lot of goalies only care about stats, and, although they are nice and usually get along with their teammates, they only care about success and not so much about "team play".

also, us goalies are completely, utterly, mentally insane. try giving your guy a goofie pre-game superstition routine.

This past year, my varsity captain (who isn't a goalie, but he IS very superstitious) would lick the entire shaft of his graphite stick before every game, like a giant ice cream cone. That is definitely harder with a goalie stick, but try and think of something strange and goofy like that.

good luck with this, i'm def following, bc im a goalie too!
Yea I'm not a goalie but I do not think anybody really wants ANOTHER forward BAP.
I know that goalie's are crazy like that. I know some superstitions as many of my idols are goalies (Roy, Khabibulin,Smith, ect)

I am hoping to get this going, It will not be as updated as my Bolts dynasty but It will have video/text updated.

You can expect maybe a week of intros until I start playing.
Thanks for your help and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star king3
you know im here.
I know that!!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 16

good start you know ill be here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
would lick the entire shaft of his graphite stick before every game, like a giant ice cream cone.
Wow.
Just wow.
How can you play with that taste in your mouth.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
Wow.
Just wow.
How can you play with that taste in your mouth.
yeah eww
Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 31

like i said, he was absolutely crazy.

it got to the point that he would be the butt end of many homosexual jokes.

if you had seen him in the showers, you would understand why he was getting these jokes, lmfao. like, stuff that would get me permanently banned from this website, rofl.

anyways, i didn't mean it to be a warning or anything like that--just as a piece of friendly advice to help you get a good goalie bap going on here. as previously stated, i am a goalie (just read my sig, lol) and i wouldn't want the one and only goalie bap on these boards to be a sucky, unrealistic one. it would diminish mine honor!!!

anyways, do you have any ideas for what team you want to go to yet? i've got a really good suggestion, but i'll wait to see what you've got first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »