Home

A Vancouver Canucks Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Vancouver Canucks Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: A Vancouver Canucks Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan33
I really hate to say this, because I don't want to sound like a.. well I don't know what I'd sound like, but I'm not having fun with this. But... only because I feel I'm winning too much. My first thought when I started this was "be realistic." It's hard to be perfectly realistic, I know, but I just think my team's record is one of the things that should be perfectly realistic, and its not, IMO.

I just started playing on All-star, I don't know how, but I'm able to play on it now. I played a few games with default sliders, and won, scores, 3-2, 6-0, and 5-1. I then used QB's sliders, played a few games, and won. Scores, 5-1, 4-0, 4-1. So I think, the real problem is Luongo. Every game the CPU had 30+ shots, he'd either stop them all, or let in 1-2, which is not nearly enough for them to win when I'm scoring 4-6 goals. The one game he gave up 2 was against Detroit.(go figure) So currently my record is now, with those 6 more wins, 14-1-2.

And last thing, I don't use glitches, cheese goals or whatever there called. Most of my goals are passing it around, waiting for an opening, which is what every legit player does. Though, I'd say a good amount of my goals come when I'm not even trying to score. I dump it in for a line change, and all of a sudden the pucks in the net. I put a soft(like umm, a feather falling to the ground soft) wrist shot on goal from the point, doesn't even leave the ice surface, and it goes five-hole. Oh, and I've already tried Superstar too, thats a no go for awhile, I got killed like 8-0.
If anyone disagrees with me, and thinks the Dynasty is fine the way it is currently(me always winning, no matter what sliders/settings I try) then please say so, I want anyone's opinion.

Also was considering a new dynasty with a team that isn't a powerhouse like the Nucks but I don't just want this to become clutter, as I post a new dynasty.

Anyways, rant over, feedback on my situation, or any possible help, or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
you shouldn't trade Luongo, that would be even more unrealistic than winning all the time.

The nucks are a supercharged team IRL, so you should've expected to win..

If you want to challenge yourself, plug in some sliders or change it up to all-star. On Pro you're going to maul teams when playing as the Nucks, so i'd put in some sliders.

I play on all-star but use the superstar sliders posted by Catcatch, or whatever his name is.

You should probably use Qb's sliders, but keep it on Pro difficulty. It will still be challenging, but fun, too.

Good luck, either way.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 13

Thanks all, but I've decided to just play. I think now, if I win, I must have played well, and deserved to win. Only exception would be if I went on winning for the rest of the season lol. I'm on all-star with Qb's sliders, and thats how I'll be playing now.

I'll make a quick post on the games I played against Detroit, and Nashville, then continue with updates.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #35
Banned

Ohlund Injured

In a 3-2 win over the Red Wings, Vancouver Canucks defenseman Mattias Ohlund was hit on open ice by Jiri Hudler. Ohlund seemed to instantly collapse to the ice, and didn't get up. Trainers helped him off the ice. They do not yet know if anything is broken, and all we know that it is an upper-body injury. Rob Davison has been placed on the third defensive pairing to fill-in.

The Canucks are known to go on losing streaks when one of their top defenseman is injured, but the Canucks defense looked just as strong as they annihilated the Nashville Predators 6-0. Sure, Luongo had to face 34 shots from the struggling Predators(3-8-1) but the offense played the same as always.

The Canucks next game is at home against the Phoenix Coyotes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #36
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

I think you made the right choice. The Canucks are good anyways, so its not out of the question to see them play so well...

afterall, they were second only to St. Louis in the second half this season.

...before sweeping them...dammit.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #37
Banned

1-0-0-0=1
0-0-0-0=0

Lone Powerplay Marker Wins it
Demitra scores only goal as Canucks continue to be red hot
Luongo stopped 32 shots to help the Canucks hang on

Canucks celebrate Demitra's powerplay goal.

- Pavol Demitra (7)(PP) - Assists: Henrik Sedin, Shane O'Brien14:35 1st

Next Game: VAN(11-1-2) vs. MIN(7-4-1)
Old 06-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #38
Banned

Trade

Get RW Jamie Langenbrunner, C Travis Zajac
Get D Henrik Tallinder, D Andrej Sekera
Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #39
Banned

1-0-1-0=2
1-0-4-0=5

Wild Mess-Up 'Nucks
Canucks lose in regulation for first time since early October

Mikko Koivu scored 2 goals, and added 2 assists

- Daniel Sedin (7) Assists: Henrik Sedin, Willie Mitchell 2:56 1st
- Andrew Brunette Assists: Mikko Koivu 9:31 1st
- Marian Gaborik Assists: Brent Burns, Mikko Koivu 1:37 3rd
- Ryan Johnson (3) Assists: Alex Burrows, Sami Salo 8:36 3rd
- Mikko Koivu Assists: Marek Zidlicky, Brent Burns 15:18 3rd
- Owen Nolan Assists: Stefan Veilleux, Kim Johnsson 17:34 3rd
- Mikko Koivu(EN) Assists: Kim Johnsson 19:51 3rd

Next Game: VAN(11-2-2) vs. COL(5-8-2)
Old 06-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #40
Banned

Wow! Unbelievable. My Xbox got knocked down by my stupid cat, and now my NHL 09 can't be read. So this is on a break now until I get a new disk, which I'm hoping is soon. Could be as soon as tomorrow, or as late as next couple of weeks. Though if it was tomorrow I guess there would be no pause.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »