Home

Beware The Blues...An OBG Production NHL 10

This is a discussion on Beware The Blues...An OBG Production NHL 10 within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #17
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Beware The Blues...An OBG Production NHL 10

GM Pre-Season Notes

Kariya On Trade Block???

It seems to me so far, with the amount of sucess we had in the 2nd half without Paul Kariya while also looking at our defense and its need for improvement, I've been wondering a lot about Paul Kariya and where he stands with this organization.

So far I've decided to take a wait and see approach, observe his impact over the first quarter of the season or so before I have a good idea what he means to the team. If expendable, we'll have a great chip come the trade deadline.

When my Blackberry goes off, we'll be well able to accomodate teams looking for scoring help if defense turns out to be an issue for us.

The season is about a month away...getting excited.

Till later...
Old 08-15-2009, 01:01 AM   #18
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

TSN Interviews TJ Oshie

Hello all, EJ Hradek back with ya...folks, I've been excited for this call for about...oh 20 minutes or so...TJ Oshie is with us live.

First of all, TJ...we want to thank you for joining us on the show today. It is a real pleasure to have you on and I must say...

I simply cannot believe the skill set you bring to the ice on a nightly basis and I truely commend you for the passion and effort with which you play the game.

Wow...well thanks. Its just a question of motivation really. I love to beat two guys and make a play whether its a big hit to get the guys going or scoring a goal. Whatever it takes, really.

Well...it shows. We've followed you throughout your college career and its really amazing how fast you've made yourself comfortable in the NHL. Hitting guys like Nash on consecutive nights...I mean, he's what??? 6 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier than you???

Where does all that come from?

Hehe...a lot of pent up aggression, I guess. No...really I just go out and play every shift 120 percent. Its what I'm about...and I love to hit people. (says laughing)

With all the success the Blues had in the final three months with the injuries...how much of an adjustment do you see it being with Kariya and Erik Johnson returning to the squad???

Well...its really simple. What I do...working hard...is just an example of what the whole team does. We work hard...we don't stop. So whoever you throw in there should catch that...uh...I guess you could call it pressure...and go from there.

...and we're talking about Paul Kariya and Erik Johnson here...so they'll be fine and we'll be that much better for it.

So...you guys roll through the second half of the season like men playing against boys, and then get swept by the Canucks. Not to bring up the past, but what happened there?

Well...looking at the past is fine so long as you learn from it. On the ice, that was a hard-fought series. Our powerplay was one of the top in the league and then we sort of faltered in the playoffs. That didn't help us...but the most important factor was Luongo. He really was great...and so was Mason for us...but Louie was lights out.

You can say that again...

So who was your favorite player as a kid? So far you've drawn comparisons to Peter Forsberg...a real gritty player with tons of skill to boot...was he an influence on you?

Well...thats a flattering comparison and I see the similarities, but FoPa is in another league...we'll see, maybe I can close the gap as I play longer.

But my favorite player was Pavel Bure...just the most exciting player ever to lace em up...for me at least.

Bure, huh??? Surprising from such a tough player like yourself...that explains the skill!!!

Maybe (says laughing)

So...a lot of young guys contributing to the Blues right now and John Davidson says the team will be staying the course and continuing to build from within...what is your take on the future of the Blues???

Well, yeah...we've obviously got a lot of young talent not only on the ice right now but coming up in the system. Its very nice to be able to play for an organization that knows they are in the perfect situation to sit at the top for a few years. Hopefully this generation of young guys and myself and bring the Blues their first Stanley Cup.

I hope so...the city, the leadership, and you young guys really deserve it. Good luck to you TJ.

Thanks EJ...Call me anytime.

Will do...OK next up...

Can you believe that Micheal Vick is back in the NFL...this travesty and more coming up next

*Do you ever feel like your paying to much for car insurance???

Last edited by onlybygrace; 08-15-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:19 AM   #19
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Sickness!!!

Okay...enough about Oshie, right???
Old 08-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

nice vid...did you make that, or did you just find it???

Also yeah, enough about Oshie, hehe

Talk about Eric Johnson...I freaking love that guy, he's sick.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 9

nice Updates, bro!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 03:36 AM   #22
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
nice vid...did you make that, or did you just find it???

Also yeah, enough about Oshie, hehe

Talk about Eric Johnson...I freaking love that guy, he's sick.
Found the vid...I scour and scour for media...hehe...god, I love teh youtubez!(@!!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #23
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Prospects Pietrangelo & Eller Close To Show

It is no exageration when the St. Louis Blues are touted for having an extremely deep pool of talented young prospects, some of which have broken into the NHL and others, like Alex Pietrangelo and Lars Eller, who might very well make their presence known this season.

Alex Pietrangelo: Drafted 4th Overall In 2008 NHL Entry Draft

Talent Analysis (From Hockeysfuture.com)

Pietrangelo possesses a big 6'3 frame. He mixes his size advantage with a strong skill set that makes him a dangerous defenseman. Pietrangelo has excellent on-ice vision and a high hockey IQ. His offensive upside is tremendous, with his shot, mobility, and creativity with the puck. Very successfully can quarterback a power play. Additionally, he is solid in his own end, with good positioning, and excellent defensive instincts.

Lars Eller: Drafted 13th Overall in 2007 Draft

Talent Analysis (From Hockeysfuture.com)

Eller has decent size, is a good skater with very good technical skills. He also works hard and is in general very well-rounded as a player. His scoring touch is pretty good, but Eller is much more noticeable as a playmaker. He has really good hockey sense and has that special ability to find openings that few other players can. A team player, he plays a good two-way game, but could still use some fine-tuning in his defensive game and play without the puck.

After a few seasons at or near the cellar of the NHL, the Blues through great drafting and commitment to build from within find themselves in an envyable situation heading into the 09-10 season.

Last edited by onlybygrace; 08-18-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #24
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Nice OBG, you are putting some great effort into this!

This is one of the dynasties that I'm most looking forward to!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »