Home

Wake Up The Sleeping Giant (A Leafs BAGM)

This is a discussion on Wake Up The Sleeping Giant (A Leafs BAGM) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Wake Up The Sleeping Giant (A Leafs BAGM)

The problem is there are not alot of good young PFs in the league right now - many older ones and there are tons of prospects but not NHL ready ones in the 80+ rating scale.

1. I guess Lucic from Boston would be another good one (I assume you still have your first round pick for 2010, so if you want to kind of right a wrong you could trade Kaberle and your 1st round to Boston for Lucic and that way it would clear the Kessel trade as well).
2. Dustin Brown from LA is another good young PF
3. With Ryan you could go for Getzlaf or Bobby, with Bobby you would only have to swallow a 1.925 m contract instead of 5.325.

I personally would go for Bobby, what do others think?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #74
MVP

To add to my thought, I have become a more generous GM when dealing with the CPU. I like to tip the scale of fariness towards the CPU in a trade, so I would throw in a pick or prospect as well to make it fair.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05
To add to my thought, I have become a more generous GM when dealing with the CPU. I like to tip the scale of fariness towards the CPU in a trade, so I would throw in a pick or prospect as well to make it fair.
That's a nice touch. We don't want to rip the CPU. I still think that Ryan it's the best choise, but that Lucic trade got me thinking. It will be fun to make things right and give boston the 1st round pick...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi1191
That's a nice touch. We don't want to rip the CPU. I still think that Ryan it's the best choise, but that Lucic trade got me thinking. It will be fun to make things right and give boston the 1st round pick...
I can sense the gears moving. I'm gald I could help. I love the Leafs....
Old 06-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 12

Maybe you could also sign Bertuzzi if he's still a FA. That is, if your salary cap is off. He has a brutal slap shot, and could help when you're in a tight spot and need a quick goal with crash the net.

He could be a short term player that'll help you get far. You can get fired in this, right? Cus I think I saw a GM fire option before...

Also, something very off topic, how do you get the logo of you're fav team on you're profile thing beside your posts?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLemieux
Maybe you could also sign Bertuzzi if he's still a FA. That is, if your salary cap is off. He has a brutal slap shot, and could help when you're in a tight spot and need a quick goal with crash the net.

He could be a short term player that'll help you get far. You can get fired in this, right? Cus I think I saw a GM fire option before...

Also, something very off topic, how do you get the logo of you're fav team on you're profile thing beside your posts?
Not a bad idea, but I think in the post-trade deadline update he's already signed.

Plus I like younger guys who we can develope not veterans that will wither away eventually, but thats just me.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #79
Pro

mikko1995's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah, there isn't many good young PF's. I'm thinking about Peter Mueller, he is young and big, or Martin Hanzal.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995
Yeah, there isn't many good young PF's. I'm thinking about Peter Mueller, he is young and big, or Martin Hanzal.
Those guys are good too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »