Home

Old 07-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
NHL 10 GM summit

Hey guys, Since I don't get enough time to write up a nice colum about my BAGM I thought it would be cool if we had a summit thread, where everyone that runs a dynasty can come and post brief stats about thier clubs stats and transactions etc in a more relaxed atmosphere, no need for huge write ups or pics if you don't want. Also thought we could post questions and opinions if you all wanted to.

Geuss I will go first

I will be running a leafs dynasty, I will begin it either tonight or tommarow.
I will be position locking into the LD position since thats the position I have played all my life, and I honestly dislike controlling the entire team.

Settings: I will be running superstar difficulty, with trades on, salary cap off while using the leagues current cap for the 2011 season as my own internal cap. I was thinking about 8 minute periods would be decent. I will be using a custom slider set that I will be adjusting constantly as I try and tweak gameplay since I will only be running the LD position.

Futrue plans: I am shooting for a long term rebuild of the leafs, using the draft as my main source of aquireing talent. If I do trade within the league it will be at what I consider a fair price (which typically means I will be over paying slightly to get the players I am intrested in)

Team concept: I have created myself in the game as an OFD, which I will be singing long term, and I plan to build around myself, luke schenn and Phil Kessel. I would like to pick up a center prospect that has size and skill, maybe going after Hanzal from the coyotes.

My defense will be the traditional ofd/dfd set up for lines 1/2 but the third line I would like to get a couple big nasty dfd's for a shut down pair.

Forwards I like to have big centermen and scoring wingers of any type.

Upgrades: I will be using my points up upgrade my scouting and choaching so hopefully I can find the young talent via draft I want, and keep them on the proper path to becoming stars in thier careers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: NHL 10 GM summit

So what about you guys? how do you run your clubs, do you have a specific strategy? drafting scouting trading? how about line combos or player types?

Does anyone have suggestions for some prospects I should look to trade for? only looking to add maybe one or two peices at center/wing positions

Feel free to add to the conversation guys! I hope to turn this into a very active thread

Last edited by BlueLineBomber; 07-04-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

I couldn't tell you which players to go after because I have completely different rosters from everyone else (custom), but one guy that has always brought great bang for the buck is Matthew Lombardi from the Coyotes.

The guy is cheap and fast as hell. You can get him for under $2M and his speed is killer, he really adds another element to your bottom six.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeshun
I couldn't tell you which players to go after because I have completely different rosters from everyone else (custom), but one guy that has always brought great bang for the buck is Matthew Lombardi from the Coyotes.

The guy is cheap and fast as hell. You can get him for under $2M and his speed is killer, he really adds another element to your bottom six.
Wait till you see my off season moves...

my 2nd line is probably the fastest in the NHL.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeshun

This is funny, not just because it's true but because I have heared this statment nearly word for word on TSN during their july 1st coverage.

I must not have been listening because I didnt even think of him

I spent alot of time just looking at my roster, Havent even advanced a day towards the prospects game yet. So many things I dislike (hah the entire team) Giguere makes way too much, as does komisarek and phaneuf. atleast I only have to suffer jiggys contract for a little bit.

Im thinking of tossing jiggy and komisarek on the trading block and see if I generate any intrest, hopefully bring in some young prospects in exchange.

As it sits now, There are four players I would retain from the current club, 5 if phaneuf was a bit cheaper. I have no scoring upfront but a rock solid punishing D. I expect to be at the wrong end of the stick alot this season lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

If Hudler is still on Free Agency try getting him because he can get your around 60 Points with the right line mates and has a really good shot, also a guy who seems to always do good for me is Sean Bergenheim, he starts out as only like a 78 overall but after around 3 season he's around 83-84 overall and if you put him with good line mates he can do wonders (he got me 40 points on the 3rd line, enough said), anyways once I start up a Be a GM I'll let you know how I'm doing
Old 07-06-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
Rookie

Alrighty the season is underway so far i am 0-2 with losses to montreal and washington 6-5 and 2-1.

Moves made so far goes as follows.

During the draft I was approached with two offers which ended up in these trades.

To Edmonton:
D Garnett Exleby DFD 27 years old B-/B-/C Potential 6'1 210 LBS 79 OVR
RW Frederik Sjostrom GRN 26 years old C/C/C potential 6'1" 217 LBS 77 OVR

To Toronto:
RW Robert Nilsson DNG 24 years old B-/B-/B- potential 5'11" 185 LBS 79 OVR
D Aaron Johnson OFD 26 years old C/C/C potential 6'0" 211LBS 76 OVR

To Nashville:
D Mike Komisarek DFD 27 years old C/C/C 6'4" 240 LBS 83 OVR
RW Ryan Hollweg GRN 26 years old C/C/C 5'11" 210 LBS 74 OVR

To Tornto:
C David Legwand PLY 28 years old C/C/C 6'2" 202 LBS 82 OVR
D Alexander Sulzer DFD 24 years old C/B-/C 6'2" 198 LBS 75 OVR

I drafted and signed:

D Teemu Ahonen OFD 18 years old A-/A-/A- 6'2" 201 LBS 77 OVR to a 3 years 900k entry contract

G Ric Sumal BUT 18 years old A/B/B 6"0 183 LBS 71 OVR to a 3 year 775k entry contract

Out of free agents I signed:

D Steve Pratt OFD 22 years old A/A/A 6'2" 210 LBS to a 6 year 4.5M contract

LW Robert Slaney SNP 20 years old B-/A/B- 6'2" 203 LBS to a 3 year entry contract
Old 07-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

First off, this summit idea is great.
I'm starting a Calgary Flames Dynasty, OBG's Superstar Sliders, Salary Cap-OFF.

Draft Picks:
1st-Andrei Kondratiev-C
2nd-Boris Svitov-D
3rd-Dimitri Volchenkov-G
4th-Grant Bombardir-D
5th-Casey Trevisan-LW

FA Signings:
Miroslav Satan-1Y, 1.25M
Marc-Andre Bergeron-3Y, 2M
Rob Neidermayer-2Y, 1M

Trades:
Cory Sarich to Atlanta for Pavel Kubina

Jerome Iginla, J Boumeester, Dustin Boyd to Pittsburgh for Jordan Staal, Kris Letang, 4th Round Pick

Robyn Regier, 2nd, 3rd Round Picks to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan

Daymond Langkow to Boston for Marco Sturm

Olli Jokinen To Chicago for Patrick Sharp

Garth Murray To Philly for Aaron Asham

Buy Out:
Craig Conroy-C
Andre Roy-RW
Wayne Primeau-C

Lines:

LW-C-RW
Sturm-Staal-Sharp"A"
Bourque-Backlund-Ryan
Moss-Niedermayer"C"-Satan
Nystrom-Glencross-Sjostrom

DD-OD
Kubina-Phaneuf"A"
Bergeron-Letang
Giordano-Pardy

G
Kiprusoff
McElhinney

First Five games:
4-3 Loss Vs. VAN
3-2 Win @. EDM
5-4 Win vs. MTL
1-0 Loss @ EDM
3-1 Loss vs. Dallas

Team Leaders:
Goals-Marco Sturm-4
Assists-Patrick Sharp, Pavel Kubina-5
Points-Jordan Staal-7(3G, 4A)

I Need defensive forwards, any options?

**The Ryan Trade was offered to me, it was cheap but i took it!

Why was Jokinen on my Roster?lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »