Home

~~BLOOD IN THE WATER~~ The San Jose Sharks (NHL 13)

This is a discussion on ~~BLOOD IN THE WATER~~ The San Jose Sharks (NHL 13) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #9
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ~~BLOOD IN THE WATER~~ The San Jose Sharks (NHL 13)

SHARKS PREPARE FOR SEASON OPENER AGAINST A FAMILIAR FOE

October 12,2012

San Jose Sharks @ Anaheim Ducks

PREVIEW

ANAHEIM-
The puck will drop at the Honda Center as two heated rivals from the Pacific Division will do battle. The Sharks come to the pond that is ran by the Ducks looking for a fast start to the season in their "Cup or bust" year. The Sharks will be facing a tough task tonight as the Ducks still have a few players from that 2007 Championship team including Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, and veteran Teamu Selanne.

"We have the leadership and dedication in this locker room to make another run this year." Stated Ducks Head Coach Bruce Boudreau.

"It's a new year and we're both looking for a win. Anything can happen from now until the spring. Our focus is the Stanley Cup, that's the goal." Sharks Head Coach Todd McLellan stated.

It's been known but not said that McLellan has one last year to make magic happen in San Jose. New General Manager John Stone is reported to be watching his Head Coach like a hawk this year.

The Ducks will catch a break tonight as the Sharks announced earlier that Rookie Goalie Joey Backstrom is the starter for the year. His first task is no easy one going up against a former Stanley Cup team and players known for pressuring the net.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Truth is I know I have a huge burden on my shoulders and it's a tough first start tonight. I know there's alot of people counting on me." Backstrom stated.

The Sharks Captain Patrick Marleau and the first line will consist of long time Veterans of the team Alternate Joe Thornton, and Joe Pavelski.

"We know Anaheim very well, we're heated rivals for a reason. We know we can't take them lightly." Sharks Captain Patrick Marleau stated.

Two rivals square off tonight so don't be surprised to see anyone drop the gloves. It's already being discussed around the NHL world that these two teams could see each other in the playoffs.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Forgot to change and adjust my sliders. Ducks won 4-1.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #11
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

SHARKS PREPARE FOR OPENER AGAINST RANGERS

Monday October 15,2012

PREVIEW

SAN JOSE- After a 4-1 blowout in Anaheim to the Ducks, the San Jose Sharks return home for their opener against the New York Rangers who are coming off a 5-2 victory over the Defending Champions, the L.A Kings.

"We're along way from the Garden. We know how good San Jose is." Rangers Goalie Martin Biron stated. He allowed 2 Goals to the Kings.

"San Jose is great on paper. We could match up well." Rangers Captain Ryan Callahan stated.

The Sharks who looked sluggish all night in Anaheim went 0/2 on the Power Play and struggled to pass the Neutral Zone cleanly. Rookie Joey Backstrom was a sitting duck all night giving up 4 Goals to the Ducks.

"It was our first game. Everybody is going to feel nerves and rust on the first game. The most important thing is how you're going to rebound from it." Head Coach Todd McLellan stated.

"It was my first game. I know i'll get better as the Season goes on. It's just a matter of rebounding now." Rookie Goalie Joey Backstrom said.

The Sharks (0-1-0) still have a long season ahead but they must find ways to get in the net if they look to make a run for the Cup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #12
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

SHARKS PUSH FOR OVERTIME BUT FALL TO RANGERS 5-4

SAN JOSE- The San Jose Sharks to the Rangers tonight in Overtime 5-4. The Sharks who were down 3-1 late in the Second period pushed their limits. But it would be Ryan Callahan's wrist shot in overtime that sealed the win for the now 3-0 Rangers.

"We had plenty of chances tonight and couldn't capitalize. " Sharks Captain Patrick Marleau stated.

"We're a mess right now. We're scoring goals but giving up to many goals. We need to take a look at ourselves." Defenseman Brent Burns stated.

The Sharks Goaltender, Rookie Joey Backstrom struggled but held his own against the fast paced Rangers.

"I did my best for my second game. I'll get better." Backstrom stated.

The Sharks (0-1-1) will take a 2 day break before hosting Edmonton (1-1-0) Thursday night.

"We got a Division Rival coming to town so we need to make sure we're prepared. These are the kind of games that are important. " Head Coach Todd McLellan stated.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:38 PM   #13
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

SAN JOSE SHARKS NEWS

Thursday October 18,2012

SHARKS SIGN 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION SERGEI FEDEROV TO ONE YEAR DEAL

San Jose,CA- Another splash by General Manager John Stone this morning hours before the San Jose Sharks face the Edmonton Oilers inside the Shark Tank. Sergei Federov has been signed to a one year deal this morning worth $770,000. Federov, 42 has won the Stanley Cup 3 times with the Detroit Red Wings dating back to the 1997 Season.

"Despite his age, Sergei is a veteran and a leader in any locker room." General Manager John Stone stated. This is his second Free Agent Signing this year after signing Former Sharks player Johnathan Cheechoo in early October.

Sergei Federov helped the Detroit Red Wings to three Stanley Cup Championships in his days in Detroit before moving on to teams like Anaheim, Columbus, and Washington before playing a few years in the European leagues.

"I was basically waiting patiently on the Free Agent Market before San Jose called me. I'm very excited to be back in the NHL and help this team win a Stanley Cup. That's the goal. San Jose has alot of talented guys like Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, etc. " Federov stated in his interview.

He will be given his original #91 jersey.

"We're excited to have Sergei in San Jose. With his leadership and talent we hope to score alot of goals and win many games this season." Head Coach Todd McLellan stated.

It's unsure whether Sergei Federov will dress for tonights game against the Oilers but he will be in attendence with his new club.

When asked if this was his last year playing or if he will be open to signing an extension, Federov had this to say.

"Lets focus on this year first. I'm only here for one year right now. If i'm willing and San Jose wants to offer me a extended contract i'm open."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »