Home

Raising and lowering penalties

This is a discussion on Raising and lowering penalties within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Raising and lowering penalties

Could someone please explain to me exactly what raising and lowering the different penalties does for gameplay and animations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Raising and lowering penalties

To answer your question to the best of my knowledge. The reason for adjusting the penalty sliders, is to make the game feel more authentic and I'll explain why. As most of us already know​, playing a game of Madden with the penalty sliders set on default just isn't organic enough. For example. The other day I played a full game with 15 minute quarters, with penalty sliders set at default and I only had one delay of game penalty throughout that entire game. With that being said, the CPU only had one maybe two penalties throughout the entire game as well. So now to make a long story short, when we watch NFL on TV in real life teams usually pick up a decent handful of penalties in a single game. Also like some have mentioned​on here with their slider sets, sometimes penalties can turn the direction of game making it feel more realistic and authentic. Sometimes it can feel really awesome, being down by a TD with a few seconds left on the clock in the 4th. Then all of a sudden unexpectedly the defense hits you with a pass interference call setting you up with great field position in the red zone. In all honesty, NFL games and final scores are sometimes determined​ due to penalties.

Anyway as of right now, I've been playing Madden NFL 17 on All-Pro with Player/CPU sliders set on default. The only thing that I had tweaked a bit, was the penalty and volume sliders. I am using penalty sliders from some of the people who created those popular gameplay sliders. I will be sure to give credit to those people with names listed below. The only thing I did NOT steal or try to claim from someone else, was the volume sliders. The reason for the volume sliders, because I was trying to make it so you could hear the stadium speakers better. I could never understand the referee whenever he was announcing a penalty. I wanted the game to sound a bit more realistic, because when you watch the NFL on TV you can hear players yelling out audibles and what not. I personally found the crowd and the commentary to be just a little too high and loud which was taking away all the authentic sounds coming from the field and stadium all together. When you get a chance, try my volume sliders out because I think most people will like how referees speak louder and clear making it better to understand what they're​saying. Plus you can still hear commentary as well, but it's no longer taking over the speakers...lol!

***Flazko's Penalty Sliders***

Offside: 70
False Start: 55
Offensive Holding: 60
Defensive Holding: 75
Facemask: 55
Illegal Block In The Back: 50
Roughing The Passer: 50
Defensive Pass Interference: 70
Offensive Pass Interference: On
Kick Catch Interference: On
Intentional Grounding: On
Roughing The Kicker: On
Running Into The Kicker: On

***whosnext00's Penalty Sliders***

Offside: 85
False Start: 50
Offensive Holding: 80
Defensive Holding: 80
Facemask: 55
Illegal Block In The Back: 50
Roughing The Passer: 50
Defensive Pass Interference: 90
Offensive Pass Interference: On
Kick Catch Interference: On
Intentional Grounding: On
Roughing The Kicker: On
Running Into The Kicker: On

***Volume Control Sliders***

Master Volume: 100
In-Game Commentary: 48
Stadium Speakers: 100
Crowd Volume: 80
On The Field: 95
Menu Music: 70
Menu SFX: 50

Well I hope this was of some help. Hopefully​ you'll enjoy my custom volume sliders. They're to help and improve the authentic sounds on the field and inside of a football stadium. With those volume sliders, you'll be able to hear and make out what players are yelling out on the field, and as well when referees are explaining a penalty over the PA system speakers...enjoy!

Kind regards,
-Majik

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »