Home

TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #33
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Just FYI posting the data the way you are now all the way down to 80-84 is soooo useful for adjusting to 32-man leagues. You stopped tracking below ~85-89 in M17. I like to see the full distribution rather than only control for the number of 90+ players.

Just so you know--very helpful to see the level of detail you're posting now.
I actually made an Excel sheet this year to make tracking very easy. Basically I just type in the ratings that are 80+ in a column and the formula counts how many are in each tier. Last year I was just counting manually and after looking at numbers so long I know I was making mistakes so I had to drop the 80-84 tier. I knew I had to find an easier way to track them all. Glad it's valuable info for you guys.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2017, 10:00 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I actually made an Excel sheet this year to make tracking very easy. Basically I just type in the ratings that are 80+ in a column and the formula counts how many are in each tier. Last year I was just counting manually and after looking at numbers so long I know I was making mistakes so I had to drop the 80-84 tier. I knew I had to find an easier way to track them all. Glad it's valuable info for you guys.

Can you explain how you set that up? I'm currently counting it manually after looking at the numbers and losing my mind. Also do you have injuries on or off when you are doing the 10-year sims?
Old 08-19-2017, 10:09 PM   #35
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Tdawg, since you are pretty locked at DT, would you mind seeing what 100% looks like for DT?

Basic reasoning, when balancing for 32 players, there's a few big differences:
  • Humans are basically using all Gold training instead of CPU's bronze
  • Humans are going to spend less XP on things like AWR that inflate OVR and put a higher priority on attributes like power/finesse moves, catching stats, Qb accuracy, etc... so if these get too high that can be an issue even if OVR distribution seems fine.
  • If, say, CB is set to 110% and FS is set to 90%... humans will just change all their safeties to CB for the XP boost.
  • Related to the above, if OT talent is strong in drafts, humans will simply draft college tackles & convert them to, say, guard if that's what their team needs (not unlike NFL). Thus draft talent at, say, OT or OG will stay 'focused' in that position in your 10-year sims, but will be much more evenly spread out in a 32-human league as players set their best starting lineups, if that makes sense.

Thus I'm not only looking to run lower than yours but also trying to avoid any opportunity to game systems, so whenever possible I try to keep DT/DE/OLB the same, C/G/T the same, and CB/FS/SS the same.

tldr; Trying to see how talent-deficient DT will be if you set it to 100% to match up with DE, or alternatively how talent-flooded DE would be if I bumped it up to, say, 120% or 140%.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 10:16 PM   #36
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk2489
Can you explain how you set that up? I'm currently counting it manually after looking at the numbers and losing my mind. Also do you have injuries on or off when you are doing the 10-year sims?
I won't be home tell tomorrow afternoon but I'll upload a copy of the Excel file so you guys can use it too.

Yes I keep injuries on.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #37
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk2489
I won't be home tell tomorrow afternoon but I'll upload a copy of the Excel file so you guys can use it too.

Yes I keep injuries on.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:23 PM   #38
Rookie

Ok great thanks!
Old 08-19-2017, 10:43 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
DATA SETS

SIM #1

SIM #2

SIM #3
What if my 32 man CFM will only last for 7 to 8 seasons.... wouldn't it be fair to say that I could have my xp sliders a little higher than yours since you basing everything off 10+ seasons?
Old 08-19-2017, 11:25 PM   #40
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTC Wayne
What if my 32 man CFM will only last for 7 to 8 seasons.... wouldn't it be fair to say that I could have my xp sliders a little higher than yours since you basing everything off 10+ seasons?

No. You want them noticeably lower. See my points a few posts above.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »