Home

Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2020, 02:07 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadagain65
Many thanks for these Matt, just finished a couple of games & it's playing much better, db's especially were way too overpowered using default settings.

On a totally unrelated issue, is every one else getting kicked back to the main menu after each game? Not a huge issue but an annoying one none the less.

It happens like every other game for me, it is pretty annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2020, 04:02 AM   #146
Rookie

XxStew21xx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadagain65
Many thanks for these Matt, just finished a couple of games & it's playing much better, db's especially were way too overpowered using default settings.

On a totally unrelated issue, is every one else getting kicked back to the main menu after each game? Not a huge issue but an annoying one none the less.
Do you have the hard disc copy or digital ?

I have digital and it's never happened to me once
Old 09-05-2020, 08:54 AM   #147
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I’m excited. Now let me refresh my OS every 7 seconds lol. That’s usually what happens when I know you got an update coming

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'll be up****** today, it's just one value, so far, but it's making a bigger difference. I just need to get more sample size of different match ups.
Old 09-05-2020, 08:58 AM   #148
Rookie

Yes Matt I can attest to missing in the rain. It’s bad
Old 09-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #149
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

Check out my broadcast from my PlayStation 4! #PS4live (Madden NFL 21) live at https://t.co/UzVfVzluJy

All madden v2

Sent from my SM-G988U using Operation Sports mobile app
Gophers
Gators
Yankees
Old 09-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #150
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

=================================
Slider Update Log - VERSION 3
=================================
9/5/2020: Quite the obvious change that needed to happen here, and it isn't CPU QBA . No, in this case, it's about the receiver catching. They catch too many in traffic and it makes the CPU QB have no sense of hesitation in making certain passes. With it lowered in this version, the DB has a chance to make something happen even if they are lagging a bit behind. The good thing is the receiver drops do not increase by much at all.

Here are some highlights of Big Ben trying to find completions against a stout Ravens D.

Video here:

So, here's Version 3. Think it's in a good spot for while until we get the title update. I hope that it addresses the big coverage issues this game has.

WR Catch: 48/45 || 48/48 (Previous: 48/48 || 48/48)
• A drop for the All-Madden set in the WR Catch because they were simply catching too many passes in traffic. They already have the advantage vs a soft coverage, so this will help balance things out. It is by no means an attempt to fix the perception of Robo QB, but it does address the logical animations that should be occurring more often in traffic. There are some brick hand animations that occur a slight bit more than before as well, which are welcomed.

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set. Also note, you can either import into franchise, or manually adjust. The sync of previous Maddens does not seem necessary this year. I've tested both and have not seen anything outstanding that has de-synced the experience.

Version 3 - Game Settings

Skill Level: All-Madden || All-Pro
• I list it this way because I test on AM first, then All-Pro. Most of the time, I'm able to make some subtle changes to the AM set to be more balanced for AP as a result. This allows me to keep the core of the slider set intact through the two skill levels.

Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)

Auto-subs: Default

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes
• I want to ensure there is enough plays in the game. This should get an average of about 60-65 total. Raise it higher if you'd like though.

Accelerated Clock: Off
• This value is off because I want to take advantage of experiencing the CPU QB audible, not to mention give myself more pre-snap reads. I think the QBs this year have such depth to their play, that it would only make sense to give them more time as well.

Superstar Abilities: User Preference
• I'm not seeing too much arcade-like gameplay with this on. Eitherway, it's user preference, but I have tested both and am personally keeping the abilities on.

Gameplay Helpers

• Mainly default On

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: On

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: On

Defensive Switch Assist: On

Game Options

Injuries: 15
• I love injuries this year, but it does seem like there are a bit too many on 10/25 (MM/Franchise) set ups.

Fatigue: 70
• There is a certain threshold in which fatigue doesn't even take place, and when it does, you won't see proper recovery time. If a running back unleashes a 40+yard run, he's most likely going to be subbed out to get some oxygen. I wanted to ensure this happens, but to multiple positions. I check the fatigue presnap and the indicators of stamina drain by OL, receivers, backs and QBs, is a thing of beauty. I think it builds another level of play management as a result.

Speed Disparity Scale: 60
• I explained a bit above, but the goal is to tighten the coverage throughout. This will create a ripple effect of other values being able to stay near default because it is a reaction to the different tightness. Passing windows are smaller, gaps close quicker, etc.

Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V3" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V3" (pending, tbd)

Key: All-Madden || All-Pro
I may use some references to previous Madden iterations and my theories behind gameplay values, so some of this may not make a lot of sense if you haven't taken part in my slider approach before.

QB Accuracy: 50/50 || 50/50
• There isn't a need to change this value for either All Madden or All Pro because there is just more depth to the QB this year. They scramble, they throw out of sacks, they dump off, they go deep. It's just too much goodness to change.

Pass Blocking: 50/50 || 50/50
• I have played around with lowering this value, but against the QBs are dynamic and spend most of the time running backwards too quickly. The push on the line is quite good as is, and when the combination of a higher threshold + RTP + fatigue takes part, it introduces many more elements than just stock strength vs strength matchups. This is why I do not need to adjust the usual Offside-FalseStart-Holding values to make a block shed threshold as I did in previous years. It's that good from the start.

WR Catch: 48/45 || 48/48 (Previous: 48/48 || 48/48)
• A drop for the All-Madden set in the WR Catch because they were simply catching too many passes in traffic. They already have the advantage vs a soft coverage, so this will help balance things out. It is by no means an attempt to fix the perception of Robo QB, but it does address the logical animations that should be occurring more often in traffic. There are some brick hand animations that occur a slight bit more than before as well, which are welcomed.

Run Blocking: 50/50 || 50/50
• I've played with this value a lot, and determined that it's not necessarily about quality of blocks but more so the speed of the blocks. The second layer of that is the speed of the blocks going upfield. With the threshold at 60, the attempt at the blocks happen as is - but it's the RTP that then plays its role in aggression that can make defenders accountable to their pursuit angles. Again though, fatigue will play its role, and a tired pulling guard may just run into their running back more often than not. In terms of difficulty, I use the tackling value to dictate that.

Fumbles: 50/50 || 50/50
• With the way the CPU run game was going, this was an obvious value to look into. Thankfully, the increase in threshold and RTP has helped the CPU runners take more direct routes - but they will still use their OL when needed. In terms of the actual occurrence of fumbles, I'd say there are more factors at play than just this one.

Pass Defensive Reaction: 50/50 || 50/50
• No reason to change this away from default because it shows up in the right times, even after the soft cushion animation causes some defensive lag in the routes. Some really great animations this year.

Interceptions: 35/35 || 35/35
• The interceptions on 50 were just too frequent. The defenders could catch better than the receivers at times. It was just too consistent, and to me, unrealistic. Get a bit more "brick hands" with this lower value, not to mention the pass deflection animations raised in priority over interception animation.

Pass Coverage: 60/50 || 50/50
• Raised value for the User on All-Madden to help with some defensive awareness, not to mention give the receivers more to think about before catching the ball. CPU QB's perception also adjusts, which does not necessarily mean they are going to take off running or throw downfield - they will still try to find completions no matter what, or they'll take the sack depending on player traits.

Tackling: 46/48 || 46/52
• Tackling is where the AM and AP set start to separate, but not as significant in terms of animations. The good thing is this year the tackling is built to be more realistic looking wrap-ups versus WWE big hits. As a result, the tackle value for AP can be raised to a higher value. I settled on 52 because going higher than that and it seemed there were far too many perfect tackles in open-field, regardless of ratings.

Special Teams

FG Power: 70/70
• Another year of devs not addressing the oomph! of how kickers kick the ball. As a former kick myself, it's all about height - and the only way to get decent height in this game (ball above midpoint of posts) is to raise power.

FG Accuracy: 40/40
• Received feedback that kicks were going sideways. Personally haven't seen it, but safe bet to just raise the value.

Example video:

Punt Power: 55/55
• Raised this value because the CPU tends to not call a fair catch, even if there's no room to run after. As a result, just wanted to give them more space to either call early or run after.

Punt Accuracy: 45/45
• With the bump in power, just had to balance by reducing the accuracy.

Kickoff Power: 52/52
• A bump here to get more kicks out of the endzone.

Penalties

• Penalties do affect gameplay. In previous Maddens I have had to use a lot of penalties to get certain gameplay aspects down. This year, so far, it's in a better spot and penalties to be used as gameplay adjustments is lessened.

False Start: 55
• Just wanted to see more of this penalty being called.

Defensive Pass Interference: 60
• Same, I just wanted to see more DPI's called and take advantage of the tighter coverage.

Intentional Grounding: Off
• Bit of a reliable value to change when things get settled in a bit more. I like IG off because it feels like the CPU QB gets off the rails more, and tries to make things happen more often.

Roughing the Passer: 40
• This is used as a tool to raise the aggression of the defenders. Since there is less of a perceived chance to the penalty being called, they choose to be even aggressive on their own. This can be a good or bad thing - it just depends. Good because more pressure on the QB, but maybe bad because poor defensive players can take wrong angles in their pursuit. A proper balancing act. An added reward is that the penalty still gets called.

Video:

Roughing the Kicker: Off
• Simply just needed to turn it off because it gets called to often. The animation of walking into the kicker results in the kicker falling down easily.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #151
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Cant wait to plug these in later, i have noticed the wr catching is overpowered this year (which can be good in some cases) but hopefully it will help with the qb accuracy for the cpu or like you said give your defenders a chance.

It sucks when you have 2 good corners who cant cover anything it seems
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2020, 01:32 PM   #152
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

I'm really enjoying the way All-Pro is playing this year Matt especially with your slider set so far. In the 3 games I've played I think I've lost all three

They've been close and have come down to me making stupid mistakes and trying to do things like last year's game. Forcing passes and such. I just wish user coverage was as good as the CPU. I feel like that's my only real issue. And that's not something any slider set can really fix for now it seems.

The only changes I made was keeping Roughing the Kicker on because I personally haven't seen it called a whole lot and due to me still being on the trial I'm playing 6 minute quarters with 15 seconds of run off. But, I'll tell ya what after my trial time runs out I may be getting this game thanks to your sliders because again I'm really enjoying All-Pro so far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »