Home

Too Much Production

This is a discussion on Too Much Production within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-26-2020, 02:12 AM   #9
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Too Much Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
12 min Quarters, 13 second runoff

Just enough so that we get 105-110 plays in.
Quarters long enough that you can still run the ball a bit down 14 in the 4th, and not have to get too predictable with the offense.
13 second acc clock ensures that you will have to actually use those TOs sometimes as well.
Yeah I've always liked that aspect of a shorter acc clock.

I also feel like they approach an acc clock differently this year. With a runoff like 13 or 12 I've seen them play a slightly different style, kind of a controlled urgency.

Sent from my REVVLRY using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-29-2020, 03:46 AM   #10
MVP

Interesting. I had been aiming for 130ish plays a game to match the NFL. I didn't realise that the Madden SIM ended up with fewer. This is definitely something I can look into.

With regards to speed threshold, will changing this drastically throw off other slider values?
Old 12-31-2020, 10:03 AM   #11
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

10M/20S is good, but a tad low for me at times so I like to use 11M/20S, which can also be a tad high at times. 10.5 would be perfect

Runoff to 20S is perfect though as it allows the CPU to audible.

As far as speed threshold, I like 75 on NG as it tightens up the DB coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2021, 04:36 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
10M/20S is good, but a tad low for me at times so I like to use 11M/20S, which can also be a tad high at times. 10.5 would be perfect

Runoff to 20S is perfect though as it allows the CPU to audible.

As far as speed threshold, I like 75 on NG as it tightens up the DB coverage.
I see the CPU audible often on 12 second run-off. Sometimes multiple times.

Also, just to clarify, raising the speed threshold slider reduces the disparity between the speed of two players right?
Old 01-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #13
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I see the CPU audible often on 12 second run-off. Sometimes multiple times.

Also, just to clarify, raising the speed threshold slider reduces the disparity between the speed of two players right?
That's good to hear they audible, I didn't see it with M19 or M20. When I switched to 10M/20S I see it quite a bit now.

For speed threshold yes the higher the slider, the lower the spread of speed ratings. They had changed it back in M19.

Quote:
New default setting added for the Player Speed Parity Scale
DEV NOTE: To address a common piece of feedback from our community about slower players being too successful at chasing down faster players in the open field, we have stretched out the “Player Speed Parity Scale” to increase the discrepancy between players of different speeds. The scale has been expanded to almost double its default value. The goal of this tuning is make a 5-point difference in Speed feel more like a 10-point difference. If you have been playing on the default value already and would like to continue playing on that value, simply reset this value to 75 instead of 50 via the Gameplay Settings menu. However, the new value will be the default setting for online play
For me personally, I never had any issues with players catching up to faster players unless say a WR is running 70 yards and a safety comes over to tackle them, that's due to fatigue.

I've played with it on default (50) and old default (75) and really don't see a huge difference. I like default 50 for current gen and old default 75 for next gen. On 50 next gen I was getting absolutely killed on bombs due to the coverage issues. With some other heavy slider settings (PC+PDR), 75 speed parity helps to mask the coverage issue while still allowing speedy players to impact the game.

I have a 97 speed WR and ran a kickoff back for a TD as well as being able to have huge gains at times on crossing routes. Todd Gurley who isn't elite speed also had a 72 yard TD run where nobody could catch him.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #14
Rookie

Late to the party here but didn’t see it mentioned... I have found bumping up the tackling slider helps lower offensive yardage, especially in the run game.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:39 PM   #15
Rookie

Too Much Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
That's good to hear they audible, I didn't see it with M19 or M20. When I switched to 10M/20S I see it quite a bit now.

For speed threshold yes the higher the slider, the lower the spread of speed ratings. They had changed it back in M19.

For me personally, I never had any issues with players catching up to faster players unless say a WR is running 70 yards and a safety comes over to tackle them, that's due to fatigue.

I've played with it on default (50) and old default (75) and really don't see a huge difference. I like default 50 for current gen and old default 75 for next gen. On 50 next gen I was getting absolutely killed on bombs due to the coverage issues. With some other heavy slider settings (PC+PDR), 75 speed parity helps to mask the coverage issue while still allowing speedy players to impact the game.

I have a 97 speed WR and ran a kickoff back for a TD as well as being able to have huge gains at times on crossing routes. Todd Gurley who isn't elite speed also had a 72 yard TD run where nobody could catch him.

From what I experience on NG, speed parity slider is one that doesn’t work no matter the setting. Same with pass coverage and reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #16
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsYaBoyHustle
From what I experience on NG, speed parity slider is one that doesn’t work no matter the setting. Same with pass coverage and reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Seems to be working for me and the other slider guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »