Home

Old 08-07-2022, 03:29 PM   #9
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 23 OOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
With my PS4 at least, the game will eventually update. I can’t find any option to stop automatic updates.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
I did this on pS4 with previous maddens and you have to keep trying to stop it from updating. If it does update, you can delete the game files from your PS4 and reinstall from the disk....again, going offline or trying to stop it from auto-updating. Sometimes this means you have to catch it everytime it tried to update and stop it manually.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:26 AM   #10
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
With my PS4 at least, the game will eventually update. I can’t find any option to stop automatic updates.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Seems staying disconnected is the only way.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2022, 09:18 AM   #11
MVP

icicle22's Arena

This is a weird reason to be slightly disappointed: one of the extra bonuses of getting Madden 23 on a physical disk this year was that I wanted the box with the cover where Madden is using the telestrator. Seeing it immediately took me back to my "Genesis" days playing Madden with all of my buds. I was just looking on-line and see that the cover for the PS5/XBOX series X is the one where he is being carried off the field as a coach.

Even though that is a cool pic, my nostalgia is more from when he was an analyst on TV and of course...on the video game. Weird how my interest in getting the physical disk just went down because of the cover huh? I guess I was looking for the cool memory of seeing the box art sitting next to the gaming system to take me back to my younger years.

Oh...yeah. I am old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2022, 10:12 AM   #12
MVP

icicle22's Arena

As you all can see, I was concerned about this even before the game released. I have in my hands a Madden ps5 disk version that is unopened. I am considering cracking the seal and installing it even though I have the digital version. Before I do this though, I am wondering if there is anyone on here playing the game from the disk without any updates? It has become something of a rumor that it plays better and has less issues than the digital download version. I have rolled with OOTB version in the past with one of the PS4 versions (2015 or 2016) where a patch screwed up the feel of the game, probably similar to how Madden 22 player motion seemed less "realistic" after a late season patch.....Armor knows what I am talking about.

So....before I crack this open, do any of you who actually use this OOTB style have any input? Does it actually feel better? Do the dbs still pick off everything? Are there more punchout fumbles? I have heard rumors about all of these things which is of course why I ask.

Thanks. Please try to be constructive. There is not a lot of use for a bunch of people who haven't actually tried this to just come on and "poo poo" the idea that this might actually have some merit.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:23 AM   #13
Rookie

loungefly85's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The Xbox Series S has a 512GB SSD. So no, you aren't playing games in the cloud. This isn't Google Stadia.
It's hilarious seeing all this weird misinformation people type on these forums regarding the S. It's a great little machine.

Edit: Not talking about you. Talking about the guy who thought it's a streaming device lol
Old 09-02-2022, 10:53 AM   #14
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
As you all can see, I was concerned about this even before the game released. I have in my hands a Madden ps5 disk version that is unopened. I am considering cracking the seal and installing it even though I have the digital version. Before I do this though, I am wondering if there is anyone on here playing the game from the disk without any updates? It has become something of a rumor that it plays better and has less issues than the digital download version. I have rolled with OOTB version in the past with one of the PS4 versions (2015 or 2016) where a patch screwed up the feel of the game, probably similar to how Madden 22 player motion seemed less "realistic" after a late season patch.....Armor knows what I am talking about.

So....before I crack this open, do any of you who actually use this OOTB style have any input? Does it actually feel better? Do the dbs still pick off everything? Are there more punchout fumbles? I have heard rumors about all of these things which is of course why I ask.

Thanks. Please try to be constructive. There is not a lot of use for a bunch of people who haven't actually tried this to just come on and "poo poo" the idea that this might actually have some merit.
I'm on the Series X, so I can only speak from this side of things. But yes, I play with the disc version of the game. It's the offline install of the base game without any updates and TO ME, it plays like the beta. You see more punch outs, mid-air collisions, the running backs doing their thing etc. There are still interceptions yes. But, the base offline build is the closest to the Beta in my opinion.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:17 PM   #15
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Removed Madden 23 digital version from my PS5. Installed the disk version and declined the updated. After installing, I see the EA Sports logo, I click Start to begin, and it loads a backgeound with some EA logos and all I can see if the ability to click on my profile or select music. I hear music in the background but there is no main menu present.

I closed the game. Deleted all of my saves and profile info pertaining to Madden 23. Relaunched and it prompted me for some settings and put me into the "MaddenLegacy" game. I played for about 20 minutes (and it did feel different on All Pro) but when I decided to exit, I just got put back to this main screen with the menu music but none of the options to select. It's literally just pick my profile information or select music. The screen is practically empty.

I deleted the game and all saves and profiles again and I am reinstalling. Any others out there playing Madden 23 on PS5 disk version with no updates? I really want to try this out but this is going to stink if I cannot even launch the game except the legacy one.

THanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2022, 07:02 PM   #16
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Removed Madden 23 digital version from my PS5. Installed the disk version and declined the updated. After installing, I see the EA Sports logo, I click Start to begin, and it loads a backgeound with some EA logos and all I can see if the ability to click on my profile or select music. I hear music in the background but there is no main menu present.

I closed the game. Deleted all of my saves and profile info pertaining to Madden 23. Relaunched and it prompted me for some settings and put me into the "MaddenLegacy" game. I played for about 20 minutes (and it did feel different on All Pro) but when I decided to exit, I just got put back to this main screen with the menu music but none of the options to select. It's literally just pick my profile information or select music. The screen is practically empty.

I deleted the game and all saves and profiles again and I am reinstalling. Any others out there playing Madden 23 on PS5 disk version with no updates? I really want to try this out but this is going to stink if I cannot even launch the game except the legacy one.

THanks.

Can you go completely offline so that you won't be prompted at all and install the physical copy on PS5?

Just an FYI. If it's like the Series X, an easy way to know that you have the base install with no updates is the build will be 1.0.0.3 and the game size 41gb.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 09-02-2022 at 07:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »