Home

Madden 23 Review - Another Short Gain for the Series

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Review - Another Short Gain for the Series within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2022, 10:10 PM   #9
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 23 Review - Another Short Gain for the Series

Clint Oldenburg and Official_Mole don’t mention interceptions on Twitter either. I don’t see how you can play this game and not see the superhuman hands on defense.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 08-27-2022, 12:07 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
To not even mention the most debated topic on Reddit and OS, interceptions, is shocking to me. I'm not saying the review needs to side with anyone but if I used this review to help me decide a purchase I'd expect the subject to at least come up.
That was my first thought as well. It's as big as a problem as the bugs that were mentioned.

I've shelved the game hoping for a patch. If this goes unanswered by EA I'm probably done buying future games. $70 is too much to take a chance
Old 08-27-2022, 05:00 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wow! Just wow!! To not mention interceptions and turnovers in your review Kevin Smith, is very alarming and well, just weird.

My first game playing vs CPU the first two TD's of the game were scored by the CPU's defense on Int return TD's. I in turn, scored the next two TD's on a fumble return for a TD, followed by an interception return for a TD.

In all, my first game featured 9 total turnovers. I can assure you that 2nd wasn't much better. Not only that but for some strange reason, in both games my #1 WR inexplicably sat the entire 2nd half out as did the opposing teams #1 RB.

Kevin Smith, you have lost all credibility and can't be trusted with your reviews anymore. I hope other people notice and start asking the same questions that I'm asking of you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2022, 05:07 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

So that legacy game intro, are there any modes to go with it? Or have they gone to all that effort and used it in just one game?

Madden is crying out for some NBA 2k retro content. Much harder with larger rosters. But I’m sure they could work something out.
Old 08-27-2022, 05:44 AM   #13
Rookie

(IMHO) When all is said and done, Madden just does not and probably will not live up to the expectations, scratch that, will not live up to the standards, than an AF game in this time and age should have.

Hate to bring it up, but playing 2k5 for the last couple of days, the physics are better, the stat overlays more realistic (of course they DO use the ESPN package), content wise it has more to offer... Basically, what we get in NBA2k is what we would have gotten had we had a 2k football game.

Then again, I played NCAA Football 6 and 12 as well, and again, the play better for some reason then M23. Here also there is a proper intro with Kirb and the crew.

I remember that the game director of the NCAA games was a 'bigger' guy, no disrespect meant. Is he still on board at Tiburon/Madden?

In the end, we as video game and AF lovers, just have a pretty mediocre product game play and content wise to itch our AF scratch. Unfortunate to say the least.
Old 08-27-2022, 11:48 AM   #14
Rookie

Thank you fellow Community members...disappointing to read about what for me are game breaking issues...an offensive line that is offensive combined with propensity for INT's.

Damn shame
Old 08-27-2022, 12:07 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Is this legit Madden 23 or did this pic get mistakenly taken from Madden 15? The player model is beyond awful. What's wrong with his arm and he looks like a bobble head?

Actually I was playing M16 the other day and player models in my opinion, were not bad at all. Then it’s like with M19 they all got HUGE pads, now with 23, it’s almost like no pads at all.

But yeah, that head to body ratio is so far off with Rodgers. Almost looks like backyard football or something.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max

Last edited by VoltSwoosh; 08-27-2022 at 12:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2022, 01:14 PM   #16
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Weak review. Gotta be a little more objective on the bugs, flaws etc.

Come on OS we are better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »