Home

Remember what we were told when the new generation of consoles were coming out?

This is a discussion on Remember what we were told when the new generation of consoles were coming out? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2022, 05:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Remember what we were told when the new generation of consoles were coming out?

There is so much criticism of Madden that maybe it's just drowned out by the rest of the madness, but I do wonder why the loading times and menu screens being so slow on Series S/X, and I assume PS5, is not discussed more.

We were shown instant virtually instant loading when the new consoles were being presented, but Madden is pretty much the same as last-gen. I actually think that the menu lag is worse than it was on the PS4 and Xbone.

Why do we think this is? Does the game need to be rebuilt from the ground up to properly take advantage of the power of new systems?

Last edited by johnhughthom; 08-27-2022 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Clarity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2022, 05:46 AM   #2
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Remember what we were told when the new generation of consoles were coming out?

Yeah this is something that is weird. I’m on PS5. M21 probably was the fastest in that regard. M23 is better than M22, but not by much. No idea why this is a problem. MLB the show is super quick this year. I can load into my franchise in not even 2 seconds and when I play a game I barely have enough time to look over the teams batting averages and pitching stats (not complaining tho!)
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 08-27-2022, 02:34 PM   #3
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Remember what we were told when the new generation of consoles were coming out?

The menu lag in this game is so annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-27-2022, 02:39 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The loading time from controller select to football gameplay is basically instantaneous on PS5.

The loading time while navigating Franchise and Ultimate Team menus is still unacceptably slow. It's better than M22, and some of the menus have been redesigned to be more efficient, but there is still plenty of room for improvement here.
Old 08-27-2022, 02:56 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The loading time from controller select to football gameplay is basically instantaneous on PS5.

The loading time while navigating Franchise and Ultimate Team menus is still unacceptably slow. It's better than M22, and some of the menus have been redesigned to be more efficient, but there is still plenty of room for improvement here.
Same experience on the S and X. Controller select to gameplay is less than 5 seconds.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2022, 03:16 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Just the opposite for me going from Xbox1 to Series/s.

Series S fires up quickly and quickly into Madden too.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:43 PM   #7
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2

Not saying it’s an excuse, But I think much of the menu lag is actually caused by data transfer to their server, and any associated latencies. Every year, the game has had a bigger reliance on their servers - think Next-Gen Stats, downloading your profile, metrics, etc.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:46 PM   #8
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just the opposite for me going from Xbox1 to Series/s.

Series S fires up quickly and quickly into Madden too.
I have almost new issues on the Series S as well. The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes I have to press A twice since it doesn't register the first time. But scrolling, load times, etc. are all great.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »