Home

Anybody play Madden 24 using offense only?

This is a discussion on Anybody play Madden 24 using offense only? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2023, 02:50 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Anybody play Madden 24 using offense only?

If you change your sim speed to slow it'll basically make whatever side of the ball you don't play as CPU v. CPU
Old 08-29-2023, 03:56 PM   #18
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm playing offense only but I'm playing every game. I control the offense for the home team and just fast sim on D. I do go through the formation subs before each game (I'm still in Week 1) and make some adjustments for the RBs. I'm using Amour's sliders but I use 12 minute quarters, 20 sec. I've had a good variety of games, close games, not so close games, higher scoring and lower scoring.

I do feel that their are less turnovers for your D when using the Super Sim. I think the momentum meter is screwed up when doing it - I've had one score games, where I scored last, and the meter is still 100% against the team I am controlling. But HFA isn't as crazy this season. I won with the Giants against the Cowboys 19-14 in NJ. Jones got hurt, Carson Wentz enters the game (I auto-pilot everything) down by a point and full momentum for the Cowboys. I have no play art and no receiver icons so I had to concentrate. Wentz was able to get a TD and won the game. It was actually a challenge and fun. And also kinda made sense since a backup entered the game.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:45 PM   #19
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I'm playing offense only but I'm playing every game. I control the offense for the home team and just fast sim on D. I do go through the formation subs before each game (I'm still in Week 1) and make some adjustments for the RBs. I'm using Amour's sliders but I use 12 minute quarters, 20 sec. I've had a good variety of games, close games, not so close games, higher scoring and lower scoring.

I do feel that their are less turnovers for your D when using the Super Sim. I think the momentum meter is screwed up when doing it - I've had one score games, where I scored last, and the meter is still 100% against the team I am controlling. But HFA isn't as crazy this season. I won with the Giants against the Cowboys 19-14 in NJ. Jones got hurt, Carson Wentz enters the game (I auto-pilot everything) down by a point and full momentum for the Cowboys. I have no play art and no receiver icons so I had to concentrate. Wentz was able to get a TD and won the game. It was actually a challenge and fun. And also kinda made sense since a backup entered the game.
Can you confirm if fast and normal speed show accurate stats. Haven't tried it in years since it always showed wonky results and unrealistic drive times based on clock used.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 08-29-2023, 05:25 PM   #20
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

My stats through the 2nd qtr on all offense slow sim with 5 min left till half Cle @ Jax AFFCG all pro default. For context Amari Cooper is 94 ovr n wr1 e Moore is 86 ovr wr2

20230829_172210.jpg20230829_172222.jpg20230829_172237.jpg20230829_172248.jpg20230829_172258.jpg

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

Last edited by GoJags904; 08-29-2023 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2023, 11:40 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 1

I gave up playing D a good few years ago. I was never the best at it but after a few Maddens of getting better, my elite ranked D would get torched by ****ty O when I was controlling them. Scores would just get stupid, regardless of the difficult level.

The change came when covering WR became close to impossible. Maybe M18. I dunno.

Plus, I don't have the time to play full games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2023, 11:42 AM   #22
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby blue
I decided to play my franchise using the offense only option. I play with the Saints. My defense stinks. I'm last in the league in points. Next to the last in the league in total yardage. I use 10 minute quarters with no accelerated clock. My offense is middle of the pack. Anybody else having this issue?
Been playing this way for years. Makes for a more entertaining game IMO.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-30-2023, 01:11 PM   #23
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Been playing this way for years. Makes for a more entertaining game IMO.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
I've played a couple of full games playing 9 minute quarters with no accelerated clock. I can't hardly ever stop the cpu offense unless I get a turnover. Defense still ranked last. And for me simulated defense it's the same way. I have not tried 9 minute quarters though.

I'll play a couple of more games maybe it will straighten out, but I have my doubts.
Bulls
Old 08-30-2023, 02:42 PM   #24
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Can you confirm if fast and normal speed show accurate stats. Haven't tried it in years since it always showed wonky results and unrealistic drive times based on clock used.

I would have to go through them, but I look at the stats every game when completed. The numbers seem realistic enough. TOP has been good - sometimes in my favor, sometimes the CPU's, and sometimes within a minute or 5 of each other. I didn't change the formation subs for the first game (Lions at Chiefs) and Montgomery had 27 carries. Since editing the formation subs the attempts numbers have been believable.

The biggest stat so far was Amari Cooper going off for 250 yards receiving. I controlled the Browns and a few times they had single, press coverage on him so I audibled to a streak and hit it twice to inflate the numbers. Chubb was hurt, I didn't have much of a running game so I was chucking it around.

The only other outlier stat was the Colts (me) with 7 turnovers. Basically I had a bad start with Richardson, the momentum meter was 100% against me and I just kept chucking into coverage. Minshew didn't fare much better when I brought him in.

I do think you get less turnovers, but seems like there are less of those in general in '24. Other than the Colts game, I think Watson threw 3 but the other games were 1 or none.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »