Home

Things i do to make madden franchise mode more interesting.

This is a discussion on Things i do to make madden franchise mode more interesting. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2023, 03:09 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Things i do to make madden franchise mode more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btj98
I actually believe its more subtle than what the numbers actually say, so yes you are correct. The thing that i noticed from these sliders is that if a player is not producing good stats or any stats at all they will start to regress early. Busts actually happen with these sliders a lot. I ran a 5 year sim again yesterday and QBs like Malik Willis and Trey Lance stay backups because they never got a chance to play and their overalls literally stagnated. Another reason for this is because of the lowered star dev trait number of 320. I lowered this so that when a player is actually producing at a above average to good level consistently then you will notice it. If a rookie starts with a higher dev trait and doesn't produce then they will regress to normal dev trait which is imo realistic.
That’s cool, so not playing a guy will impact their ability to reach their full potential. Good incentive not to hoard young talent you have no intention of playing.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:01 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Following for ideas. I actually really like the gameplay in 24 outside of penalties. But I just can’t get into CFM this year. I’ve done things in the past like build up CPU super teams to compete against but even that hasn’t pulled me in like it does most years.

Most seasons I’m willing to put in a lot of work to make the franchise feel alive. I dice roll trades, make my own dev trait increase/decreases etc. But it’s just not there for me now. Might start over and just focus on my own team.

Last edited by Momoney168; 12-22-2023 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-26-2023, 09:26 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

I have always found drafting too easy, so for a long time, I roll a dice during the draft. Twice during even years, three times during odd years. Whichever numbers come up, I must draft a player I know is crap in those rounds. Prevents me from having a roster that is too good.

Roll a one, I must draft a bust in round one. It makes the draft far less easy.

Last edited by ajra21; 12-26-2023 at 09:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2023, 03:59 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

BTJ, just checking in here after running 2 off-seasons with these—I love how they’re playing out.

I’m seeing some really cool progression, regression, and hold-serve storylines emerge.

Great job!
Old 12-29-2023, 11:35 PM   #13
Rookie

One thing i do is at the end of the season ill go and edit all players in there contract year to 40 years old and 1 awareness and play recognition if they did not get any playing time during their rookie contract. This prevents the cpu from signing out teams bench warming backups as starters and allows rookies to actually play their first year. I also do the same for each team first 3 rounds of draft picks unless the player above the rookie on the depth chart won an award or was a 1st round pick. This prevents rookies from having to ride the bench for a year or 2
Old 01-04-2024, 10:18 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrudolph13
One thing i do is at the end of the season ill go and edit all players in there contract year to 40 years old and 1 awareness and play recognition if they did not get any playing time during their rookie contract. This prevents the cpu from signing out teams bench warming backups as starters and allows rookies to actually play their first year. I also do the same for each team first 3 rounds of draft picks unless the player above the rookie on the depth chart won an award or was a 1st round pick. This prevents rookies from having to ride the bench for a year or 2

I don't go to this extreme but I have gone through players to ensure they get removed from the game in some instances.
Old 01-04-2024, 11:58 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
BTJ, just checking in here after running 2 off-seasons with these—I love how they’re playing out.

I’m seeing some really cool progression, regression, and hold-serve storylines emerge.

Great job!
Hey Rogue, Im glad your enjoying the sliders! I tried to make them feel as realistic as possible with some random elements involved as well. Also i forgot to mention last time, but adjust the draft class sliders for Cornerbacks and Interior offensive linemen to the WEAK setting if you like. The reason being is that i learned from Mr.Hurricane that Cornerbacks gave way too many highly rated players on the normal setting which leads to overinflation at the position. And through my own testing this also applies to the Interior offensive linemen too. So if you want to you can add that to the xp sliders as well.

Last edited by Btj98; 01-05-2024 at 02:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2024, 03:04 PM   #16
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

shelve it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »