Home

Biggest Flaws in M24

This is a discussion on Biggest Flaws in M24 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2024, 09:41 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Biggest Flaws in M24

This year is my first year playing Madden on the current gen. The game is incredible but there are a few lasting flaws which are frustrating. Some are quick fixes and just show a lack of attention to detail. Others are more in depth of a problem that would require some significant changes by the dev team. Here are my top 5 flaws of this game.

1A - CPU Playcalling
1B - The penalties (or lack thereof)
3 - The sim engine
4 - Presentation/announcing
5 - Injury timeouts

1A - CPU Playcalling. There is an in-depth thread on this topic but it is bad. CPU passes 65-75 percent of the time. I know the NFL is pass happy but they are not that pass happy. Most of this stems from EAs oversight of the default playbooks. If you deep dive it's pretty obvious to see why they pass all the time. A possible solution is to create custom playbooks and give it to the CPU. However, that causes the game to crash or have the no player bug.

1B - Penalties. I mean come on. We have an officially licensed NFL replication game that doesn't have penalties. WTF? How is this even possible? The thing is, EA had this dialed in several years ago. Why was that removed.

3 - Sim engine. I did a deep dive on the sim stats because they have been broken for a long time. I stopped looking because it was so frustrating. Not enough sim plays. Not enough fumbles, sacks, field goals, etc. There are so many things wrong with the sim engine. On the surface it looks good but once you start looking it's a train wreck. Solution? Super sim right. Except super sim is an exercise in futility unless you slow sim every game which is not worth it.

4 - Presentation. I mean it's 2024 and we had better presentation in 2004. Enough said.

5 - Injury timeouts. This may seem insignificant but it has a profound effect on the clock. I play with the injury slider at 50 because I actually want injuries. I just don't want the clock to stop every single time. IRL, the clock stops for an injury and then is started again once the player leaves the field. This is so simple it's frustrating. What is the impact? I can't play 15 minute qtrs because there are too many plays no matter the acc clock settings.

Madden 24 is so damn close to being an amazing game. I'm still having fun with it in January. Past versions have been shelved prior to the NFL season even starting. It's frustrating when some of these things are so simple. What do you think are the biggest flaws with this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2024, 12:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Biggest Flaws in M24

The play calling issue is clearly the biggest issue with the game, imo. It's just too big of an issue that I cannot believe EA hasn't even mentioned they are looking into it. It wasn't an issue at launch, either, which is what is making it even more frustrating.

The 3-4 bug would be my next biggest issue. It's yet another bug that I cannot believe has lasted this long.

Fix those and I'll be happy until 25 where I hope they focus on penalties and presentation.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 01-10-2024, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The play calling issue is clearly the biggest issue with the game, imo. It's just too big of an issue that I cannot believe EA hasn't even mentioned they are looking into it. It wasn't an issue at launch, either, which is what is making it even more frustrating.

The 3-4 bug would be my next biggest issue. It's yet another bug that I cannot believe has lasted this long.

Fix those and I'll be happy until 25 where I hope they focus on penalties and presentation.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Developers don't mention things that they don't hve fixes for. My guess, they fixed another problem earlier and that led to a new problem. They could go back, but then they get stick for that instead.
Old 01-10-2024, 12:54 PM   #4
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

I sim a lot, I don't have time to play game after game. I play one game, then sim the next two.

Each and every season, no matter who I have on the field, I finish dead last in the pass. I even cheesed for a test season, had Sauce and PS2 opposite of eachother...29th in passing.

I dont need to be #1, but im tired of being dead last each and every year.

FIX THE PLAY-CALLING!

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 01-10-2024, 06:35 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Players have no weight to them…did in 21
Too many animations
Game is not violent…sound affects are poor
Stat presentation in game is lacking
It’s not football…it feels like you press a button to trigger an animation and repeat that for the whole game. It’s not football. Poor football movements…the make it or break it slogan didn’t work. Game is boring…the lack of competition in 2 of the main sports is showing worse every year for these video games. Too much flash and no substance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2024, 07:28 PM   #6
Rookie

I totally agree with your list.
Old 01-10-2024, 07:45 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I’m going to give a very broad answer and say the lack of attention to detail. What should be simple things to get right but they just are overlooked, like the injury stoppages that were mentioned, or that after all these years the backup QB is still the holder for field goals, the cpu using their last timeout with 15 seconds left in the half to kick a field goal instead of running it down so the half ends with the kick, poor game planning that leads to the awful playcalling
Old 01-10-2024, 10:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Yeah idk why madden has to make us to this unessessary stuff. Speaking of the default playbooks, I did my slow sim game Bucs Vs Panthers Year 2027 and the Pass/run Ratio was 5 Runs/ 37 Passes. Like that's crazy. Madden also needs to fix their penalties like I get 0 penalties expect for if it's like PI of something but that's it. The only option to have a better pass/run ratio is to Vist the forum Cpu Vs Cpu with Custom Playbooks in order to have better stats. If you halr-star the plays from the default playbooks the AI will call different and better playcalls instead of it having their best plays starred. Tommycoa uses 30 plays for their playcall script situation for offense and I think defense as well. I hope EA gets their stuff together and make a realistic game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »