Home

WR - DB Interaction

This is a discussion on WR - DB Interaction within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2024, 12:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
WR - DB Interaction

Has anyone else noticed the WR and DB interaction on press coverage on the outside? It seem as if you send your WR on a go route in this coverage there almost an “animation glitch” where 5-10 yards off the line of scrimmage the receiver almost “slides” forward and gets quite a bit of separation. Doesn’t happen every single time but does often for me.

Wondering if others are seeing the same thing or it’s my sliders?

I have the CPU coverage and reaction time at 95 with the Human at 100 for each of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2024, 07:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: WR - DB Interaction

I’m not seeing this and I’m on default sliders all pro. I do have illegal contact off as some animations wouldn’t occur because DB’s would avoid all contact so maybe try that if you have it on. Otherwise, not sure if it’s slider related.
Old 01-20-2024, 08:27 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vflTN
Has anyone else noticed the WR and DB interaction on press coverage on the outside? It seem as if you send your WR on a go route in this coverage there almost an “animation glitch” where 5-10 yards off the line of scrimmage the receiver almost “slides” forward and gets quite a bit of separation. Doesn’t happen every single time but does often for me.

Wondering if others are seeing the same thing or it’s my sliders?

I have the CPU coverage and reaction time at 95 with the Human at 100 for each of those.

Some things to help you and others with this.

1) Stay in EA's Default settings, as soon as you touch a slider, it auto-saves and shifts your gameplay Profile to Custom.
- you're welcome to travel down the Slider rabbit hole if you want

Instead...
1) Invest in editing all WR/TE's Release rating to "0"
- it's going to open up Pass/Pass defense interactions to an more engaging level, as the first 7yrds are programmed for the Press/Release interaction and watching the hand and positioning battle is beautiful

***This also triggers LB's who all have/generate low Press ratings, to either an hand fighting animation or an rerouting animation.

If you want to get more granular and increase interactions & Passing difficulty, you can

2) reduce everyone's (SRR) Short Route Run ratings to 65 or under
- this removes warping past the defender
- crazy separation gaps on crossing routes

3) edit all players Jump rating to "0"
- removes DB jumping knockdowns when the WR is overtop them
- forces WR/TE's to not jump when there's no need to

There's other edits to further control/enhance gameplay on default settings

Try these three edits first on all default settings and see they provide the improvement you're looking for
Old 01-20-2024, 10:25 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Give me all the edits..... Because I noticed on OS, people say this a lot with these sports games, but NEVER come back and post what they are. So just give me everything.
Old 01-20-2024, 03:36 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Give me all the edits..... Because I noticed on OS, people say this a lot with these sports games, but NEVER come back and post what they are. So just give me everything.
I'm definitely not part of that group.

I've created multiple threads providing information like this throughout the years on this forum, as well as chimed into various thread topics similar to this thread.

I'm not as active on OS as I recognize that today's forum makeup is not like the Xan's Editor days, so I mainly do my own thing with this info offline.

Are you on Xbox console?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2024, 09:37 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I'm definitely not part of that group.

I've created multiple threads providing information like this throughout the years on this forum, as well as chimed into various thread topics similar to this thread.

I'm not as active on OS as I recognize that today's forum makeup is not like the Xan's Editor days, so I mainly do my own thing with this info offline.

Are you on Xbox console?

Finally got around to testing this last night. You are right it takes away all of those accelerations and weird interactions. But is there a happy medium? For example, move everyone’s release down 20 so Devante Adams still gets off press coverage like he does and then other guys can get jammed easier?

Old 02-02-2024, 12:47 PM   #7
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Some things to help you and others with this.

1) Stay in EA's Default settings, as soon as you touch a slider, it auto-saves and shifts your gameplay Profile to Custom.
- you're welcome to travel down the Slider rabbit hole if you want

Instead...
1) Invest in editing all WR/TE's Release rating to "0"
- it's going to open up Pass/Pass defense interactions to an more engaging level, as the first 7yrds are programmed for the Press/Release interaction and watching the hand and positioning battle is beautiful

***This also triggers LB's who all have/generate low Press ratings, to either an hand fighting animation or an rerouting animation.

If you want to get more granular and increase interactions & Passing difficulty, you can

2) reduce everyone's (SRR) Short Route Run ratings to 65 or under
- this removes warping past the defender
- crazy separation gaps on crossing routes

3) edit all players Jump rating to "0"
- removes DB jumping knockdowns when the WR is overtop them
- forces WR/TE's to not jump when there's no need to

Try these three edits first on all default settings and see they provide the improvement you're looking for
Doesn't lowering their release or jumping also lower their ratings to?
Old 02-02-2024, 10:56 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vflTN
Finally got around to testing this last night. You are right it takes away all of those accelerations and weird interactions. But is there a happy medium? For example, move everyone’s release down 20 so Devante Adams still gets off press coverage like he does and then other guys can get jammed easier?

I just did “0” because it’s the fastest when editing, plus the game is going to apply pts to the rating via coach tree boost etc

If you do the increments thing, you run into the rabbit hole when the boost are applied because we don’t know the min Release Threshold the win-chance formula kicks in for the WR

“0” is just an more absolute way of control, even when the Release boost are applied

How to separate the top WR’s with this edit
- Rate their STR rating “75” or “90+” depending on how great you want them to be

STR rating impacts the length of the Press delay based off who’s the strongest, and how much of an STR rating difference between the two.

This will also impact those 90+ STR rated WR’s, as they will trigger more catch-point tackle breaks
- some very beautiful break tackle animations will trigger.

Last edited by khaliib; 02-02-2024 at 11:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »