Home

Is there a way to get Vrabel or any other previous HC to be your coordinator?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to get Vrabel or any other previous HC to be your coordinator? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2024, 02:02 PM   #1
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Is there a way to get Vrabel or any other previous HC to be your coordinator?

As the title says, is there a way or has someone seen where you can hire like Vrabel or any other previous HC who got fired in your franchise to hire them as a coordinator? My friend says he saw in one franchise where he could hire Kevin O Connell as his OC. I saw it in lasts years madden on a rare occasion where Kingsbury could be hired as a OC

I was curious if anyone else has seen this and if so is there a way to get that option every time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2024, 02:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is there a way to get Vrabel or any other previous HC to be your coordinator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
As the title says, is there a way or has someone seen where you can hire like Vrabel or any other previous HC who got fired in your franchise to hire them as a coordinator? My friend says he saw in one franchise where he could hire Kevin O Connell as his OC. I saw it in lasts years madden on a rare occasion where Kingsbury could be hired as a OC

I was curious if anyone else has seen this and if so is there a way to get that option every time?
You need to wait until the staff signing week in the off-season. Then they'll show up.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2024, 02:17 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Is there a way to get Vrabel or any other previous HC to be your coordinator?

It is worth noting that in Madden 24 when a coach in the available staff pool is hired to a role which is not his currently-listed role — for example, hiring a former head coach as a defensive coordinator — his skill trees reset and no skill points are refunded. Additionally, I believe there is no staff points signing bonus when a fired head coach is hired to a non-head-coach role.

Put another way: if you hire Mike Vrabel to a role that is not head coach, he'll have completely empty skill trees and you won't be granted points to build up his coordinator skill trees. You are still able to buy skill tree nodes with points you have.

If you're in a competitive multiplayer league, this is not the way to go. In an offline league, though, if you're willing to bear the weight of that disadvantage then go nuts.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:13 PM   #4
Rookie

It is possible. I had Mike McDaniel and Mike Tomlin as coordinators in my franchise.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:16 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm curious what other head coaches any of you have signed as coordinators, especially during this time of the year when NFL coaches are all flying around going new places in real life.

Also hoping we get a wilder coaching carousel in Madden (and college football) sooner than later.

Last edited by ChaseB; 01-25-2024 at 03:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2024, 12:44 PM   #6
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I'm curious what other head coaches any of you have signed as coordinators, especially during this time of the year when NFL coaches are all flying around going new places in real life.

Also hoping we get a wilder coaching carousel in Madden (and college football) sooner than later.
It worked for me where I was able to sign Mcdaniels as my OC and Rivera as my DC. Unfortunately those guys don’t come with any boosts or skill trees unlocked, it’s basically just the name.
Hopefully in the future they can add boosts to these coaches like that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »