Home

Which PS5 Madden?

This is a discussion on Which PS5 Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2024, 03:56 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Which PS5 Madden?

For offline-only gameplay and franchise, what's your choice for Madden of the ones released on the PS5?

I'm looking at either going back to 23 or sticking it out with 24, in the hopes a final or upcoming patch restores the game closer to how it felt at launch. But, I can be swayed if sentiment says 22 or 21 is the best option.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2024, 04:30 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Which PS5 Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
For offline-only gameplay and franchise, what's your choice for Madden of the ones released on the PS5?

I'm looking at either going back to 23 or sticking it out with 24, in the hopes a final or upcoming patch restores the game closer to how it felt at launch. But, I can be swayed if sentiment says 22 or 21 is the best option.
Every Madden has one or multiple fatal flaws, IMO.

21 is the best on the field. It’s the most balanced, but it’s pretty dated in terms of graphics and stuff.

23 has the fatal flaw of the CPU team not using anywhere near enough of it’s cap space. Just a couple years in, and most teams have 75-100M of unused cap space, which makes parity an issue.

24 is much harder to build a super team in, but the CPU doesn’t run the ball and they call the same few formations and plays for most of the game.

If you’re okay with heavily skewed run/pass splits and want to pretend that the NFL is basically an all-passing league, 24 is better.

It’s just a pick your poison scenario, I think.

The more I consider Madden, the more I think that if it’s to be enjoyed in franchise mode, it’s probably to be enjoyed in a good 32-man league. The HUM vs. CPU AI issues are pretty significant in 24, IMHO, but that’s just my .02.
Old 02-06-2024, 05:05 PM   #3
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Madden 21 hands down, there's currently...

1994 classic roster - made by itteachPercussions - no draft classes

However,.....Madden 20 will be online I think until April, there is literally 1985 - 2024 full rosters and draft classes - this is a must have game period.

Back to 21

unfadable did a full 53 man 2022 Roster and there are draft classes that go all the way to 2026.

Matt10 sliders are also available set and ready to go.

Madden 23 and 24 for me is where things went really wrong, currently I'm on 20 and 21.

I probably won't be buying another Madden unless they make major changes.

I'd like to see and play the new ncaa, but that's as far as I'm going. These company's aren't making games anymore, they're making ways to get more money out of stale products and frankly I've had enough.

I'm back playing quite a bit of the older games in general over this new stuff, most of it now is cash grabs, especially in sports.

If that's not enough anastead21 did an alltime roster that also is incredible.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 02-06-2024 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:17 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Thanks for asking this; I'd been meaning to ask the community which next-gen Madden they felt was the best so far.

From what I've observed, M21 was generally well-received by the sim/offline community (especially after the Franchise patches), M22 was not very well-received, and the reception for M23 and M24 have been pretty mixed.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 02-07-2024, 05:34 AM   #5
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

The best advice I can give is to do a bit of research on the various next gen titles.

Every year it seems that the current Madden is lacking in areas, but hey lets go back 2-3 years, the gameplay was much better then...but I would be willing to bet that if do go back and read the issues of these past games you find the same thing.

It all boils down to how much you can put up with.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »