Home

What do you guys think about player awareness affecting the camera?

This is a discussion on What do you guys think about player awareness affecting the camera? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
What do you guys think about player awareness affecting the camera?

opinions were very polar about 2006 QB vision, but almost everybody agrees it was a good attempt and step in the right direction. the camera was always super zoomed out in madden, which i think pulls you too far away from the action, making it harder for things to stand out for you, but also makes it far too easy to recognize plays, especially on offense. it's almost impossible to be surprised by blitzes

i think a great improvement would be to tie the camera zoom to the player's awareness rating. then you would use the right stick, or maybe the controller bumpers to pan the camera. obviously, the camera would be farther pulled back for the more aware players.

alternatively, instead of the camera being super narrow for less aware players, the peripherals of the vision could be blurred, or even better, have opposing players be invisible towards the very edge of your peripheral vision. player's composure ratings would help mitigate this feature or make it worse when getting rattled by pressure.

and of course, the feature could be turned off for the cowards who play on pro. thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: What do you guys think about player awareness affecting the camera?

It's just such a fine line because you aren't staring at the middle of the screen, you're scanning the field/screen no matter what position you're playing. This is why I think this has to be accomplished by other indicators, perhaps bad option/pitch markers on defenders, visual queues to spot blitzers or pressure, seeing through bluffs, etc. Really hard to pin down and get a consensus on.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

A realistic and improved consistent pass rush will make passing difficult. IMO that is what needs to happen. No more vision cones etc. Just real life drop backs and real life defensive pressure up front. If the ball isn't out in 3 seconds you go DOWN unless you have an illusive QB or run a designed roll out. just my opinion, and we may see this, THIS year if what they are advertising is legit.

just MO and not saying your idea isn't a good one
Old 11-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
A realistic and improved consistent pass rush will make passing difficult. IMO that is what needs to happen. No more vision cones etc. Just real life drop backs and real life defensive pressure up front. If the ball isn't out in 3 seconds you go DOWN unless you have an illusive QB or run a designed roll out. just my opinion, and we may see this, THIS year if what they are advertising is legit.

just MO and not saying your idea isn't a good one
i actually liked the vision cone. it added realism to the passing game thats hard to get in a video game. you had to manually make your qb look at the receiver which made up for the fact that you can see the whole field. the 3 seconds thing isnt awful in theory but there are a lot of plays where the qb has all day to throw even without rolling out or scrambling. i definitely agree that the pass rush needs to be better though. hopefully the new oline dline interaction theyve talked about eliminates the suction blocking but well see.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

ie, ratings have to actually matter between the offensive and defensive line.

and i think there has to be more than just dropping back and passing, if you're actually going the sim route. every other rating matters when you're controlling a player, except for vision. it's not right that you can possess and raw player and suddenly make him an all pro. you should have to play to every player's weakness. if the QB or runninback has poor vision ratings, then you shouldn't be able to instantly see every hole and wear every defensive player is going.

quarterback is one of the hardest positions in sports to play. letting akili smith and peyton manning have the same field of vision in the game is wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
i actually liked the vision cone. it added realism to the passing game thats hard to get in a video game. you had to manually make your qb look at the receiver which made up for the fact that you can see the whole field. the 3 seconds thing isnt awful in theory but there are a lot of plays where the qb has all day to throw even without rolling out or scrambling. i definitely agree that the pass rush needs to be better though. hopefully the new oline dline interaction theyve talked about eliminates the suction blocking but well see.
I loved the vision cone too and while it represented realism the flash light on the field kinda killed immersion. I think adding a similar system without the cone would be perfect. RS moves the qbs eyes, make the highlited receiver icon glow or something. Still keep the RT plus icon equates to "snapping" to that receiver.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I guess my roommate and I were the only ones to play first person football in NFL2k5. I wish Madden would do this mode. It is unbelievably realistic once you get used to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »