Home

Madden NFL 25 PS4 Videos - Redskins vs. Eagles & 49ers vs. Cowboys

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 PS4 Videos - Redskins vs. Eagles & 49ers vs. Cowboys within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #97

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 25 PS4 Videos - Redskins vs. Eagles & 49ers vs. Cowboys

Ignite. I don't get it. This is the same engine. Same quirky/jerky stuff the game has been known for.

If that is what EA has for Madden, fine, that's their direction, but this game still has zero soul. And that's a shame. The NFL has to be the biggest draw for a video game. EA has done very little with it.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 1

Guess I will stick with Madden 12 for the time being. Same old issues. Too many tackles by defensive linemen, no penalties, terrible kickoff return mechanics on both sides, special teams play not even noticeable in general, etc.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #99
Rookie

tjd211's Arena

OVR: 1
I really tried to see the the difference from this and the ps3 version and I just couldn't seeit . EA can't be serious with this.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 4
Live has zero chance of making a successful comeback.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #101
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Sidelines look the same and where's the sticks? Refs are all hunched over. I really am enjoying Madden on cg but cmon, next gen?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #102
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America
Ha. The old drop Mike Vick back 20 yards and heave it. Nice to see absolutely nothing has changed.

Not worth the time or investment. At least not for now. Maybe next year
Old 11-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #103
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttsakk
One thing I noticed was that everyone in the cut scenes were exactly the same height.

Kind of odd seeing Kendell Hunter looking Joe Staley eye to eye...
This has been the case since ps2/xbox.... All cut scenes are rendered using standard player models....

Kinda sad that over 11 yrs later and that is still the case.... Funny how many never even realized.

Back on ps2.... I used to hate seeing Kevin Faulk celebrate and run off the field being the same height as his OL....

Lazy is the reason....
Old 11-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #104
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Yeah, this is pretty bad.

Not bad in the sense that the visuals look next gen, for the most part. I realize EA is trying, but through all of the frustration I've come to the realization that this is the sports video game world that we are living in circa 2013. For all intent and purposes, all of the major American sports are dominated by one game developer.

The main thing to really be frustrated about is the lack of competition with the NFL license, which really is all on the NFL at this point. If you look at the three major American sports leagues, the NFL is the only one that chose to go the route of full exclusivity with their license, and unfortunately they don't have the personnel to actually judge what is the best representation of their sport. And to be honest it just doesn't matter to them. They went with a name/brand recognition and then just kept it moving. And Madden is what we've ended up with.

Look at the other sports and you'll see that ultimately the best games have won out, through competition. NBA 2K14 and MLB The Show are leaders because there was competition and they did it the right way and just made the superior product. Unfortunately (for us) the NFL just doesn't get it and are just too big to be bothered by it. They are still getting paid and that's all that matters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »