Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #33
Rookie

RobbieMacc's Arena

OVR: 1
I think visually the game looks great, however I still see "floating" when the players are running and animations seem clunky, also the lighting seems a bit dark, but from this version of the game I didn't expect it to be flawless. Something else that I noticed, the first 2 songs that played over the stadium PA were both songs represented on MLB 14 the Show, no issues with that, I just found it interesting. Lastly, the field goal nets aren't brick walls this year, it's cool to see them sway in the wind and move when the ball hits.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #34
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstardad
My biggest complaint out of the all the videos is the fact there is no gang-tackling. I don't understand why its not happening. Hopefully its there and EA just needs to do something to unlock it.
Next year. There are just some running animations that keep the gang-tackling sequence from triggering...

I really hate to talk about that football game that came out almost 10 years ago, but I believe in instances like this it's feasible. Even in this series the Pro-Tak(which was in NO WAY as good as that other game) was a step in the right direction, even if it didn't do the things that they claimed it did, there was visual progress there. Now they have a focus on defense, yet gang tackling is virtually missing? What is this? I don't even.

There has to be a point where we as consumers see that this is no longer a hype machine, they're flat out LYING to us. And not only do we take it, we pay to consume it. It's disgusting. And knowing that after this diatribe I will do the same thing, buy it, play it for 3 weeks and end up being ashamed and angry at the state of video gaming. BLURG.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS

Last edited by Kodii Rockets; 06-12-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 29

Also, lol at how detailed Kapernick looks contrasted with how awful Wilson looks. This is exactly what I was afraid of when reading the Kap is the only player with tattoos thread from the other day
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #36
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

For the most part, I like what I see. Graphics, player models, lighting. Animations are still lacking, but overall I'm impressed. Can't wait for August!

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Also, lol at how detailed Kapernick looks contrasted with how awful Wilson looks. This is exactly what I was afraid of when reading the Kap is the only player with tattoos thread from the other day
I tweeted EA about this. How does the Superbowl winning QB look horrible? Dude he's darker than Marshawn Lynch in the game. He looked perfect last year. Also gang tackling is terrible. It's like they went all the way back to Madden 09. At least give me 2 man gang tackles. The graphics look amazing, therefore, it looks extra ridiculous to have guys just standing around and watching a tackle. Why is Wilson as dark as Michael Vick?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #38
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Pretty horrifying how far back gang tackling has gone since the days of pro-tak. It seems as soon as one player engages in a tackle animation other defenders simply stand aside and wait for the tackle to either be completed or tackle after the runner breaks free. Essentially there appears to be no gang tackling, which is just unacceptable. Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems pretty obvious in this video.

EDIT: This is a pic of what I mean. It is just terrible. The tackling animation engaged here is a long one in which the ballcarrier is struggling to break free, and three 49er defenders just stand by unwilling to help clean things up and maybe even rip the ball out. Totally passive defending.

!!!

I don't know why they abandoned Pro-Tak. As imperfect as it was, it was the BEST tackling Madden has ever had. Had they been tuning it since, I can't imagine we wouldn't have great tackling by now.

With so much more to do, and this being a defensive year...
Old 06-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 2

Even the Infinity Engline with guys falling all over the place looked better than guys just standing around doing nothing.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #40
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

No seriously, where is true step? At Frank Gore's size, you can't make turns that fast.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »