Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #25
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Unfortunately for me, it didn't do much. I immediately saw two situations where a defender was standing completely still, flat footed doing nothing. That would never be the case. Even if that defender, in this case it's a corner, is responsible for backside contain, he's going to creep up near the line of scrimmage or he's simply going to attack it. If not that, he would help out in coverage. I just don't understand how they don't see that happen and don't address it. It's been in the game for years. This clip was only a couple of minutes and I saw it twice.

EDIT: if you look at the 31 second mark, the corner and MLB are standing still. Graphics look really nice.

I get what you are saying and have no argument against your position, but I do have a question that I hope may be answered here and may even shed some light on the flat footedness of at least the CB....The CB is question, the one on the right sode of teh field was at the first down line, correct? just wanna make sure we're focusing on the same CB....

Now my question is, was there previous information in regards to the ability to move defenders to play in front of or along the first down marker line? Could that be what the CB was doing? I am not justifying his flat footedness, just curious if that may have been an example of this apparent feature of defending the first down markers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #26
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14
The plays at 0:12 and 0:55 with the Broncos and Chiefs respectively stood out to me the most.

In the first, you see the Broncos defender with his back turned away, stop and turn on a dime speed up instantly and pick the ball off.

And on the second one, you see the Chiefs defender move diagonally at full speed, even faster than the wideout going on a slant.

It seems like they are working on making defense better but tbh these little things are what get overlooked and cause the most frustration for me.

They need to re-haul the way players move and only then will we see a real improvement in gameplay.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
Wow animations are awful. Everything looks so clunky moving.

The graphics look great and the idea of smarter AI is always welcome but I personally cannot get past how bad the animations are. Looking at all the next gen games (sports and non-sports) and then looking back at how madden looks in motion is just awful.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #28
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
EDIT: also, the Jaguars' new video board is goddamn gigantic.
I do believe you mean video boards. There's one over each endzone.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #29
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
All in all not too bad considering wr/db interaction wasn't worked on much. The vid shows alot of aggressive db play, but the wrs attempts look half hearted still. That Jordy Nelson curl route was my least favorite. He leans back away from the ball and let's the db undercut him. He should attack the ball and lean into the pass. Not run back 5yards toward the line of scrimmage like they do now, but lean in and go after it.
I thought the same thing when I saw this. Nelson just stands there and never makes a play on the ball.

On a side note. Not sure if they do this alreay, but I dont think they do. I would love to see the WR attempt a break up a pass if it looks like an INT.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #30
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

This seems all good except for one part saying the best zone coverage guys will sometimes jump before the ball is thrown. I hope this is done realistically instead of the return of the psychic LBs.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #31
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Just off first glance, some of this stuff looked good; anything to improve upon the logic last year that had corners completely lost as curls were completed in front of them. But for me the true test is going to be how it functions on the highest difficulty levels and if they've done anything to improve quarters coverage and how the safeties react to intermediate and underneath routes.

Also, I hope this player sense 2.0 impacts more than just the secondary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #32
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Just off first glance, some of this stuff looked good; anything to improve upon the logic last year that had corners completely lost as curls were completed in front of them. But for me the true test is going to be how it functions on the highest difficulty levels and if they've done anything to improve quarters coverage and how the safeties react to intermediate and underneath routes.

Also, I hope this player sense 2.0 impacts more than just the secondary.
It does http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...e-player-sense

Player sense also applies to how players react in post play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »