Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #81
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
This, for some reason, this looked like a completely different game. The gameplay looked exactly the same to me as 25. I still have yet to see any of the passing inaccuracies they talked about. I didn't see anything in the other videos showing it off either. I saw the same kinds of incompletions I saw in Madden 25. This took a lot of air out of the balloon.
This accurately reflects how I feel as well. It felt like I was watching Madden 25 way more than I expected. It just seems stiff and stale compared to the last livestream we saw—which I'll admit was a much more controlled scenario generally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 03:45 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Relative to presentation and graphics I'm not impressed at all. The presentation and halftime show didn't wow me one bit and the lighting and colors were really.....really.....bad IMO.
I thought the lighting for the most part looked pretty good, but those Steelers and Jags uniforms hurt my eyes. They're not even black, they're grey. How shall I say ... this is very "aesthetically unpleasant."
Old 07-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #83
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
I'm not worried about making their job easier. I am worried about spending hundreds of dollars to play a game that hasn't changed much in several years, and getting bored of it after a few weeks because of that.
How does spending $60 turn into "hundreds of dollars"?
Old 07-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #84
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
I hope that is not the case...that is always a complaint with me. Make the stats display until you have to hit a non-essential button like Y....instead of X.
This would be nice. Not sure why you cant have stat banners on the screen while the replay is going or while your making pre snap adjustments.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
The last stream and the little tidbits I had seen here and there lately, before this, had me really hyped. What I saw here definitely was a letdown. Hopefully I can go back and re-watch the whole thing and get a better feel for it, but that wasn't very good at all.

Not saying it really means anything, just saying, I hope the next EA stream/reveal/video release shows off better gameplay than that.
I agree with you, the last live stream the game looked better, especially in the tacking department. In the last live stream tacklers were flying everywhere around the ball carrier, when the initial tackler made contact other defenders at least appeared to attempt to get in on the tackle. In this live steam theirs a lot more one-one tackles and other defenders standing around and hopping and skipping over the ball carrier. Defensive pass coverage appeared to be better also.
And the animations are just sad at this point its just pathetic, im seeing run, tackle, and catch animations from 10 years ago; and still seeing repeat tackles over and over again! don't see how people are willing to pay $60 for a game with decade old animations, I thought it was weird how the praised the post play animations but mute about them during game play. I hope people were hammering them with comments about animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUp_YoureDreaming
I thought the lighting for the most part looked pretty good, but those Steelers and Jags uniforms hurt my eyes. They're not even black, they're grey. How shall I say ... this is very "aesthetically unpleasant."
The lighting has a lot to do with the colors being washed out I think. When the colors get washed out it gives the players a cartoon look like they're flat and it really bothers me. The 49er vs Jags games in London in 25 was the most ugly game I've ever played and I couldn't believe how bad it looked every time I played it.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
How does spending $60 turn into "hundreds of dollars"?
Because I dont currently own a ps4 or an xbox one. And there is no way I am buying this for the 360.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #88
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I just really, really, really hope that the tourney players they surround themselves with and invite in to provide gameplay feedback didn't convince them to make the QB inaccuracy less effective than originally planned. This happened a couple years ago when revamped zone defense was touted new feature, I remember reading feedback updates from a GC on another site where he said he told the devs it should be toned down after one of his visits to try the game out, said it was too good. Heaven forbid.

I guess all I can do is just wait and see. They've been HAMMERING us from a PR perspective that the Sim Gamer was being represented this year. I hope so.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »