Home

CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #193
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

There's a report on joystiq saying only EA Access membership will grant you a demo. Don't know if it's true but I was never one to get into knocking companies and such but if true kinda low by EA imo.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #194
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No, I have not played the game. However, Tiburon has gone well out of their way to educate gamers about exactly what they are buying this year.

I'm already buying the game, personally, so the lack of demo is a mild disappointment, but it's not something from which I'm going to try and draw any subliminal message.
They've shown the game, but even then, it's looked so different in broadcasts. It looked great and I was on the fence and looking forward to more info.

Then they broadcast it again and the game looks bad. I'm not talking washed out colors either. I am talking no missed passes, the same legacy issues we've always seen that were absent in the first video, the lack of the new features actually appearing. It's almost like they turned up the frequency for all of their new features to show up a ton in the first broadcast, then we got the real picture in the last two. Now I know that it doesn't work like that at all, but it's just incredible how different this game can look in each video.

I've learned my lesson. EA didn't get my purchase last year. I rented it from GameFly and thought it was okay. TrueStep was a good addition and had me extremely excited. However, unlike the typical EA, TrueStep has received no attention in year 2. Yes, that was sarcasm. It absolutely kills my hype for the series even more to see something so great receive nothing. Maybe it got a tweak here, a tweak there, I doubt it, but it definitely didn't get a year's worth of work in my eyes.

It's also just amazing to me how EA still has yet to learn their lesson. How many features are they going to add for the User and not the CPU too? We're in 2014 and the AI is finally making pre-play adjustments. That just depresses me. Madden is built to be a H2H game and I am finally seeing that. This new team can say what they want, and a few things I actually believe from them, but overall, Tiburon is still Tiburon and the overall progression of this game is so far behind the rest of the industry that it's embarrassing. I've got games I'm playing on the PC with only 4 people developing it and I've seen more additions to it in 3 months than I saw in the last 3 years of Madden. 4 whole people.

You know what though? I love football and I could be wrong about this new team. I won't know though because EA isn't letting out a demo. I know I am not the only person either in this situation, but who knows if me and the 'group' I belong to will make any dent in sales. To me, a company randomly stopping their tradition of releasing a demo does not give me any hope at all. Just last year this same exact company released one for Live to give gamers an idea of the additions to the game from the last one years ago, and now they are completely flip flopped from letting gamers get a feel? Yea, I don't like that one bit. Complaining won't change a thing now.

― Plato
Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #195
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

The videos definitely don't give the same sort of awareness as a demo. That being said, I've never based a purchase off of a demo anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #196
Rookie

tapey's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry Re: CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

Im about to go Tom Brady mode!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #197
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapey
Im about to go Tom Brady mode!
No high five receptions?
Old 08-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #198
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247
All I know is after seeing the CFM broadcast I'm ready for the 21st.

Are you talking about the broadcast or the CFM presentation? If your talking about presentation, are referring to the live steam or is there something more updated. The live stream showed some of it, but would love to see more if it's out there.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #199
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

no demo, no dinero
Old 08-11-2014, 10:19 PM   #200
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

As a gamer, I'm disappointed in not having a demo. As a consumer, I'm happy those resources are being put towards madden.

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 08-11-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »