Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRuiz59
I think people in general misunderstand inaccurate passing. If you look at PFF's accuracy % stat (which takes out defended passes, tipped passes at the line, interceptions, drops and throwaways) the lowest percentage is still around 70. So two inaccurate passes for every ten passes is about right, and what we're seeing is about one every video but we're only really seeing a minute of action.
Ok, let me see how I can articulate this better because it's not coming across right. I am not disagreeing with you. I am not talking about completion percentages here. This is similar to the conversations that used to go on here about "Pressure" vs. "Sacks". They are not the same thing. I don't care if the QB goes 10/10, the game can still replicate what I am talking about. Accuracy and completion percentage, though heavily related in some sense, are not the same thing. I am talking about the placement of the ball. The ball still seemed to go right to the player. It's not being thrown to a spot that is low, low and away, wide, high, etc. etc. That does not mean the passes should be incomplete ALL the time. An inaccurate pass does not equal incomplete pass. Once again, folks seem to confuse the end result with the process from which it was born.

Like I said, I am not disagreeing with you about completion percentages and all of that. I am pointing out the difference in how I interpreted the feature to work from what I see in most of the videos.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #98
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
In 2013 Romo's TD:INT ratio in the 4th quarter was 10:4 and his QB rating as 105.6, and he has more 4th quarter comebacks than any other active QB over the past three seasons, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm happy with the game I'm seeing. The 26th can't get here soon enough!
It was just a joke, The real problem down there is that they are the allas Cowboys because all the D left town. OK I promise I am done with the cowboy jokes. I agree though Not all the flaws are gone, but there defintely more steps in the right direction. I might actually play Madden a bit more after NHL drops this year.

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 08-14-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #99
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

After watching all of those videos I'm more excited for Madden. I saw a lot of inaccurate passes, CPU looks like it plays better, and the audio sounded great. The only thing that I'm concerned about is when I looked at the Owner mode video. The Jags took a QB with the #1 pick even though they took Blake in the first round last year. I'm hoping that Blake just stunk it up and they were forced to get another QB. If Blake had an ok season the Jags shouldn't be using their #1 pick on a QB so I'm hoping that's not the case.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #100
Rookie

TOmuch81's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
In 2013 Romo's TD:INT ratio in the 4th quarter was 10:4 and his QB rating as 105.6, and he has more 4th quarter comebacks than any other active QB over the past three seasons, but that's neither here nor there.

Only Manning has more.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #101
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

my man Teddy leading the Vikings on a TD drive!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #102
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

In the GoodGameBro pre-game intro video for Bengals v Ravens, Jim Nantz clearly calls out Bill Belichick's name in reference to Marvin Lewis being the second longest-tenured head coach in the NFL.

Hmm.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #103
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Romo often gets a bad rap and takes the blame for having some horrible defenses. In a lot of those games where people blame him for the Cowboys losing the defense has given up 35+ points.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #104
Rookie

TOmuch81's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Romo often gets a bad rap and takes the blame for having some horrible defenses. In a lot of those games where people blame him for the Cowboys losing the defense has given up 35+ points.
Nice of someone to recoginze such. A few of them are his fault, but the majority its because the defense can't get a 3 and out or always give up a big play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »