Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #41
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

There's no sugar coating and there's no justifying it. The only thing that can be said is that those passing stats are just bad. Maybe EA just assumes that the majority of their fan base shifted to online CFM, so sim stats just isn't a priority for them anymore.

Our only hope is that this is either an anomaly (very doubtful) or there will be a Day 1 Patch that addresses this. I'm hoping that it's one or the other because I'm really looking forward to M15.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #42
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
A much tougher schedule didn't stop him from leading the league in yards though? There's no excuse for a QB as good as Peyton to throw 13 TDs in a season.

EDIT: he lost Decker but added Emmanuel Sanders and Cody Latimer. Wes Welker has missed 6 games in 9 years, not at all injury prone.
Dan Marino (the closest QB to Manning) had a season where he threw 16 TD's once and passed for just under 3800 yards, there was no reason for that but it happened, before then he had never thrown for less than 20 when playing a full season. Manny Sanders has exactly one season with more than 2 TD's, Latimer has never played in the NFL. Neither of them at this point are actual replacements for a guy who had 1288 yards and 11 TD's (Sanders total for his entire career). Welker tore his ACL it happened at the end of the season so he didn't miss any games but it still happened, he also battled concussions last year.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #43
Banned

IckyTv's Arena

The passing was the only thing that threw me off. Passing yards and TD's just seemed really low.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #44
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Sheba your grabbing for some huge straws..you appear to know football well enough to know that WR does not make the QB..but the QB makes the WR...I do agree it's one season and more testing is needed..but can't spin the stats shown..4k passing 13 TD 11INT is OFF....
I just want to see more than one season before I make a decision either way. Off by what standards? Because Manning has never done it before? Dan Marino had a season of 3780 yards, 16 TD and 10 Int's. Is that really that far off?
Old 08-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #45
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I just want to see more than one season before I make a decision either way. Off by what standards? Because Manning has never done it before? Dan Marino had a season of 3780 yards, 16 TD and 10 Int's. Is that really that far off?
If this passing season were to happen in 2014 it would be the worst passing season for the league in like 30 years. There are fewer things less likely than Peyton throwing for 4000 yards and 13 tds in 2014.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #46
Rookie

This has to be a joke. I doubt I'll be buying the game if this is what it is. I only play CFM and this pretty much kills the whole experience.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:14 PM   #47

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

I was super excited and couldn't wait to get the game, but now I cancelled my preorder.

As a player who only plays offline ccm, I can't enjoy a game in which Peyton throws for 13tds and Vikes win the SB. This is a deal breaker for me.

If they patch it, I'll get the game and love it. If they don't, there's no point in getting the game for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 08-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Yes it is that far off considering Marino had seasons of 20, 21, 23 24 a drop to 16 at that point in his career is not shocking. It is for a QB who's never thrown fewer than 26 and is coming off the best season a QB has ever had. Combine that with the fact that we know there was no drop off in Manning's ability and it's completely ridiculous for him to throw 13 TDs in a pass heavy offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »