Home

Why to team ratings differ between Exhibition & CFM?

This is a discussion on Why to team ratings differ between Exhibition & CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Why to team ratings differ between Exhibition & CFM?

Team ratings differ so dramatically between Exhibition and Connected Franchise, it's been this way for several years, and I've never understood why. It seems like CFM rates teams on a curve or something.

In Exhibition mode, if you scan through teams the Patriots are an 88 and other teams in the AFC east are in the 70s, yet when you go into CFM mode, week 1, or even pre-season week 1, and look at team ratings, almost every team is around the mid-80s. The Patriots get bumped down to 86, while teams like Miami get bumped up to 84, the Jets are an 82, and so on. The biggest discrepency I've seen this year is with Oakland, who is a 72 overall in exhibition, and then an 83 in week 1 of connected franchise.

I am sure there is some reason for it ... but what is the reason? Has anybody ever explained why this happens? Why do good teams get scaled down and bad teams get scaled up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Why to team ratings differ between Exhibition & CFM?

Team ratings in exhibition are made by ea. Team ratings in ccm are a composite of all your players ratings.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Team ratings differ so dramatically between Exhibition and Connected Franchise, it's been this way for several years, and I've never understood why. It seems like CFM rates teams on a curve or something.

In Exhibition mode, if you scan through teams the Patriots are an 88 and other teams in the AFC east are in the 70s, yet when you go into CFM mode, week 1, or even pre-season week 1, and look at team ratings, almost every team is around the mid-80s. The Patriots get bumped down to 86, while teams like Miami get bumped up to 84, the Jets are an 82, and so on. The biggest discrepency I've seen this year is with Oakland, who is a 72 overall in exhibition, and then an 83 in week 1 of connected franchise.

I am sure there is some reason for it ... but what is the reason? Has anybody ever explained why this happens? Why do good teams get scaled down and bad teams get scaled up?
All has to do with Schemes as well as player movement, once your in CFM teams will sign free agents and make trades so the OVR will constantly fluctuate.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
All has to do with Schemes as well as player movement, once your in CFM teams will sign free agents and make trades so the OVR will constantly fluctuate.
No. Team ratings in play now are defined by EA. Team ratings in cfm are dynamic. With the same exact rosters the team rating in cfm would change.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

In CFM player overall changes based on whether they match the teams scheme

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Yes. This is kinda drastic. Cards HB is 82 on the roster but when CFM is started he goes down to 75 since he doesn`t "Match" the power Run Scheme, since he is one cut or something. So Dwyer a 78 which is power RB is more fit for the role according to Madden since his Ovr stays at 78.

In the field Ellington is still much better player.

While i like the scheme idea it`s not working that "good".
Old 08-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
No. Team ratings in play now are defined by EA. Team ratings in cfm are dynamic. With the same exact rosters the team rating in cfm would change.
It's the schemes not ratings
Old 08-31-2014, 03:29 PM   #8
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Yes. This is kinda drastic. Cards HB is 82 on the roster but when CFM is started he goes down to 75 since he doesn`t "Match" the power Run Scheme, since he is one cut or something. So Dwyer a 78 which is power RB is more fit for the role according to Madden since his Ovr stays at 78.

In the field Ellington is still much better player.

While i like the scheme idea it`s not working that "good".
I agree 100%....... Schemes is an awesome concept but not workin out too well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »