Home

MADDEN 16 Wishlist....

This is a discussion on MADDEN 16 Wishlist.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-09-2015, 01:17 AM   #409
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MADDEN 16 Wishlist....

Allow us to make shoulder pads even smaller when editing players.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:39 AM   #410
Just started!

Mods please Sticky this if there isnt a Tread on this matter please.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:47 AM   #411
MVP

OVR: 14

Just out of curiosity...

Has a passing mechanic ever been implemented that you use the right trigger to determine the strength of the throw? Like.. Example: Press X to target said receiver, then lead with the left joystick while pulling the trigger to the desired strength. I feel like if it's implemented correctly, it could be much better than tap or hold for lob/bullet. Not only that, but like the vision cone, it could be used to throw the safeties off by changing target at the last second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 04:08 AM   #412
Just started!

Old 03-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #413
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Going to make several posts - that way you don't have to read a novel from me...

First off;

Menus - would someone at EA please fire up a freaking PS2with M05/06/07 and marvel at the simplicity and functionality of the menus...

Ever since the 360 dropped the menus have become a stinking nightmare of excessive user input -

And while you are addressing this fix the issue where every time you exit anything in terms of player lists it takes you all the way out to the beginning - it is like a bunch of interns designed the menu functionality - it stinks - fix it!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 10:14 AM   #414
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Receiver vs defender interactions;

Need way more swat attempts overall and in particular a ton more out of DBs/LBs who are not "locating" the ball in the air - no more stinking "blind man picks".

WR/TEs need to be way more aggressive - they need to track passes and go after them with a vengeance - compared to M15 at least. Perhaps a trait/tendency that can be affected by CNF & CNS - maybe it needs to be offensive player's AWR/CIT/SPC vs defender's AWR/COV/JMP - I don't know how I would determine outcomes of jump balls but you can be dang sure the OFF players would be programmed to high point the ball (based on ratings) and at least be more aggressive in their attempts.

Deep ball attempts should result in far more incompletes than currently and far more collisions with a huge uptick in swatted passes vs INT attempts...

And for the love of goodness if I hit the dive button the player I a controlling had better darn well make an attempted diving catch!!!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #415
Pro

Trick13's Arena

DL/OL interactions still need vast improvement. This is particularly evident when watching outside pass rushers - OLBs, DEs, Blitzers they need to get up field, get up field, get up field. Did I mention that outside rushers need to get up field. They need to be programmed to "anticipate" a 3 or 5 or 7 step drop and attack at angles that reflect that "anticipation".

OTs need a better "kick-slide" animation that angles their body to place them in position to handle these new "up field" rushing angles.

DL players need to attack based on game situation, and their ratings in particular the PRC rating!!! Players should be "reading" formations and basing their attack angles based on down and distance, score, formation, play call tendencies and so forth - obviously the PRC and AWR ratings should factor into their ability to do this. You may have a talented speed rusher that is physically gifted, but not strong in those intangibles who "guesses" pass first more often - meaning he would be susceptible to draw/screen/and delay plays. A more balanced player would be more likely to play proper techniques and better cover his assigned gap or gaps.

Within the play art we should have some indicator as to what a players gap assignment is - maybe even a simple color code that at a glance tells you 1 gap or 2 gap.

I also believe the "extra" OL ratings should return the separation of footwork and strength - though I think strength should be just STR and they should replace pass blk str/ run blk str with run blk technique, pass blk technique and bring back footwork for both.

Foot work would determine wether the OL gets to the right space in pulling scenarios and wether they set up well and in balance for their blk. Technique would be their hand fighting and countering blk shd or pass rush moves, while STR would be used when those areas lock up to determine who gets pushed back?

I am not going to go any deeper, because some others have done better jobs then I can on the particulars, but this area still needs vast improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #416
Banned

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »