Home

Tiny morsel of info about CFM for Madden 16

This is a discussion on Tiny morsel of info about CFM for Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Tiny morsel of info about CFM for Madden 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
So he said there are two guys working on tuning, Looman is one of them. I hope they learned from the confidence stuff and regression , and goals and they get them right in their "tuning".......as in adjust them properly , cause it sure seemed like they just tossed numbers out there for it all last year. With no real logic , testing or reasoning.Hope they do better with it this year.
He said that Looman and the other guy, Scott I think, they spent almost the entire cycle on tuning. Trust me it's a huge deal! Along with the fixed confidence and regression, I'm most interested in hearing more about improved scouting and better draft integration. I know Kolbe came from MLB the Show and was over MUT last year, so I'm hoping he can really give us what we want with CFM. This is his first year over CFM.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-22-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:33 AM   #10
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
He said that Looman and the other guy, Scott I think, they spent almost the entire cycle on tuning. Trust me it's a huge deal!
Thats great to hear, cause its been a huge deal in online leagues for sure all this madden.

One thing i disagreed with him some on, was his comment about how guys could find all the best players in the first round , and after first round picks didnt mean much. That was true before EA added the random draft classes. The cheat sheets killed drafts after first round and a half. However, even though the random ones some will argue arent perfect, to me they were pretty well rounded and just the fact peps couldnt cheat to find the best players and fastest dev guys all in first round, made them much much more fun. While i do agree , it still could be alittle more "mystery" to who you scout and what you actually get from them like the NFL ,so i look forward to hearing alittle more about that.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #11
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
This is his first year over CFM.
also , i thought Looman was over CFM? Has that changed now ?

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 11:43 AM   #12
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
also , i thought Looman was over CFM? Has that changed now ?
He explained it in the podcast, but Kolbe is over Looman now. Kolbe is over all game modes.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:58 AM   #13
Banned

Good info in the podcast for sure.

I always fear that they will lose sight of, and shortchange, the cpu AI adjustments that are so sorely needed to represent an NFL game on the field. Most energy goes into tweaking specific modes it seems like. I hope the AI gets a much needed upgrade because there is a HUGE customer base that plays offline vs cpu...bot Coach only and human vs cpu.

C
Old 05-22-2015, 12:00 PM   #14
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
He explained it in the podcast, but Kolbe is over Looman now. Kolbe is over all game modes.
cool, thats what i thought he said, surprised, but glad as well. Coming from The Show , i think he can bring some good insight hopefully. Looking forward to when more info is brought to us , since Online CFM is all i play .

Would love to hear communities are brought back, and ways to do tourneys in them as well. . with our CFM teams.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-22-2015, 12:10 PM   #15
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm getting cautiously optimistic. I've never played The Show, but considering everything I've heard about, it's definitely exciting that someone from that game is now in charge of franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm liking the beginning of the interview already.

The first answer out of the gate, there are a lot of legacy issues that haven't been touched or been swept under the carpet, it's time to get that stuff all straightened out.

Now, Kolbe is the second person since Rex to admit to this. Now, we need to see how well it will be implemented.

So far, so good, I like the honesty out of the gate.

I might come back and comment later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »