Home

Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #161
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

I'm not a fan of XP for one reason: it makes the rich richer and the poor poorer in online leagues. It's just not fair.

I would prefer a natural progression/regression system with inherent traits such as a potential (The Show system). Performance can have an impact on the overall potential and growth/decline of a player.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 08:21 AM   #162
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I'm not a fan of XP for one reason: it makes the rich richer and the poor poorer in online leagues. It's just not fair.

I would prefer a natural progression/regression system with inherent traits such as a potential (The Show system). Performance can have an impact on the overall potential and growth/decline of a player.
Yeah, they should bring someone over from The Show to fix CFM, Oh wait....

Sorry, had to do it
Old 05-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #163
Banned

OVR: 1
I wish they would do more with the combine when you create a player on CFM. But some good additions. "Weekly Wrapup show" would add a ton of imersion.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #164
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
No it's not. That's not the same thing. They got in trouble with the NCAA series because they were profitting off of selling player likenesses. If they implemented a tool that allowed gamers to create their own prospects they are profitting off of that tool directly but not off of whatever content the gamers decide to create with that tool.

An example: in teambuilder back on NCAA I could create a team using any logo my little heart desired. And it was legal for me to do so because I was not directly profitting from doing so. It is also legal for EA to have me use teambuilder, because it's their tool and they can't control how I choose to use it.

On a different note - I'm not so psyched about the goal ticker, but I'll have to wait until I see it in action. I was so sure for some reason they were going to inplement some kind of league scoreboard ticker similar to what is in NCAA 13/14.
ARGGHHH!!!!

As an intellectual property attorney, this makes me furious.

TeamBuilder wasnt "legal" because of any connection to profit. The reason it didnt lead to a lawsuit is because of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

Lets say you used North Dakota State's logo to create a team. NDSU could come after you for trademark or copyright infringement and win easily. EA wouldnt be liable because under the DMCA, their only obligation is to remove intellectual property that was posted by a user if they are notified by the owner of the infringement. So if NDSU sends EA a letter, they have to remove the logo.

So Teambuilder wasnt "legal" per se. Its just that most companies/owners did want to use the resources to sue individual people for using their logos.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:44 AM   #165
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
One screenshot on the blog shows a 6'1" 295 lb 4-3 DT on a draft board. Such a player didn't exist in M15. This gives me some hope that players in the draft will have more realistic sizes.
But will he look like he's 6'1 295 or will he look like a stick or obese person? Also will he be wearing equipment from 40 years ago? Will he have dreads even if his picture doesn't? Those are the quality control issues I have with Madden and rookies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #166
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
I would have to disagree there. Not being to edit draft classes is exactly tied to the lawsuit. Enabling users to edit players in the draft to mirror real life college players (and allowing users to share them) is just as bad as pre-programming it in. That ruling has set a precedent that is going to be a big problem for a while.

I don't see custom draft classes available for a while until the lawyers can figure out ways around it.
Other games do it so it's more than likely bc EA knows a significant amount of people wouldn't purchase future maddens if they could keep a cfm going with real life created draft classes. With 32 team control and custom classes you could be playing madden 16 with true to life NFL 2018 rosters.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #167
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum

Thank you ! As a commish of a league for 4 years straight, i can not stand this XP ,goal mess, for this very reason.It creates a greater seperation in competition in the league after about 3 years in . We normally get in about 10 seasons.... It really makes it hard and not fun on the guys who arent as good stick skill wise, but like to try to play . Its Not a fun way to do CFM. I hate it, and im about to just pull the plug , as bad as i hate to . I love the friends ive made in our league, and have always tried to provide them a fair place to play, but this is about the last straw here. I just dont think i can do it much more after hearing this .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-29-2015, 09:07 AM   #168
Rookie

asmmargod's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 16 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I would love to see it but I doubt it. More likely will just be the KR/PR/K/P.

One thing that scares me with this change is where is the 3RB slot. Its not on the offense page of the chart. Because for some reason they wont add formation subs, I used the 3rb slot (along with fatigue) to get backup RBs more carries.

No formation subs. The depth chart stuff just looks like a visual overhaul and nothing that will matter gameplay wise.

Disappointing at first glance.
If the depth chart is done the same way as it is now in mut, then 3rb will be in special team tab.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »