Home

Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

This is a discussion on Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-03-2015, 01:54 PM   #113
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

I guess this means Odell Beckham Jr will not be rated 99 overall?
Old 07-03-2015, 03:25 PM   #114
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
I guess this means Odell Beckham Jr will not be rated 99 overall?
Or the new rating system will go up to 150..
Old 07-03-2015, 05:43 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
If they bring me in to do their ratings, one of the first things I would do is suggest to do away with the overall rating. Let the users "scout" their team like real GMs and coaches do based upon the TRAITS and PRODUCTION of their players. If you have a WR who has 1500 yards and 10 TDs a season, who cares if he is only a 61 OVR right? Start that guy based on what allowed him to produce, not his overall rating! Common sense here!
Yeah, you are not getting the job.

I never really had a problem with Donny's ratings. My problems were with the gameplay side of it. Donny rated players within a system, I don't think he designed the mechanics of the system though. He is a football guy, not a programmer.

If we want changes to the ratings system, the core gameplay mechanics would need a overhaul as well.

I think Donny did about as well as one could hope for in the circumstances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #116
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Don't the overalls heavily influence what goes on in CFM such as salary demands, trade value, free agency, player development?

It's already wonky now but I can just imagine how completely broken it would be with this drastic a change. I'm no expert but the re-writing of the code would have to be substantial, I would think, to re-weigh everything to traits -- the same trait system that I still don't think is totally fleshed out. I just don't see EA even putting that on the table

Senator..I want to do away with overall..but I think "hiding" it would do..they can keep overall in the game but in the background..when u posted made me realize ur point..but fair half way point is keep it in the background

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-03-2015, 05:48 PM   #117
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Yeah, you are not getting the job.

I never really had a problem with Donny's ratings. My problems were with the gameplay side of it. Donny rated players within a system, I don't think he designed the mechanics of the system though. He is a football guy, not a programmer.

If we want changes to the ratings system, the core gameplay mechanics would need a overhaul as well.

I think Donny did about as well as one could hope for in the circumstances.
And your qualifications are?
Old 07-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #118
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
None.

Sorry if it offends you or causes you to get defensive, but my guess is that if he tells EA that the first thing he would do is get rid of the overall, they probably will not hire him.

Sorry you don't like it, but it goes against their design vision.

Also I personally would not hire him because of this:
"FBG Ratings is a one man show"
"Let the users "scout" their team like real GMs and coaches do based upon the TRAITS and PRODUCTION of their players."

My perspective is that on one hand he is saying my way or not at all, i.e. he does the ratings as he sees fit and will not alter his system to accommodate marketing or whoever. Sure that is fine.
But he then steps outside of ratings and suggests that the CFM guys do their thing differently.

So he is not keen on people giving him outside input but he is already doing that himself?

Look it is nothing against him or the ratings, but if I was EA I would not be too eager to hire him. ( I personally feel that the changes he suggests are good ones, but it is not about my opinion. Try to put yourself into EA's shoes)
Old 07-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #119

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
If he gives them the prerequisite that they won't hire him if he will remove overalls he will not get the job.

Don't need any qualifications to know that.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #120
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
None.

Sorry if it offends you or causes you to get defensive, but my guess is that if he tells EA that the first thing he would do is get rid of the overall, they probably will not hire him.

Sorry you don't like it, but it goes against their design vision.

Also I personally would not hire him because of this:
"FBG Ratings is a one man show"
"Let the users "scout" their team like real GMs and coaches do based upon the TRAITS and PRODUCTION of their players."

My perspective is that on one hand he is saying my way or not at all, i.e. he does the ratings as he sees fit and will not alter his system to accommodate marketing or whoever. Sure that is fine.
But he then steps outside of ratings and suggests that the CFM guys do their thing differently.

So he is not keen on people giving him outside input but he is already doing that himself?

Look it is nothing against him or the ratings, but if I was EA I would not be too eager to hire him. ( I personally feel that the changes he suggests are good ones, but it is not about my opinion. Try to put yourself into EA's shoes)
Why would I be offended? You weren't talking to me; I just wanted to know your qualifications because your reply seemed to suggest you had some sort of EA insight...

Sounds like you're offended by Dan..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »