Home

Madden NFL 16 Presentation Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Presentation Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #273
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 16 Presentation Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Piggybacking off this, a devil's advocate to the "must replicate real-life above all else" approach to presentation:

Tiburon can literally write code to put the cameras anywhere they want. Why should they limit themselves to what is possible in a television broadcast? Arguably doing that is unnecessarily boxing themselves in creatively.

Now I'm not saying that they've gone and revolutionized camera tracking or football broadcast with anything they've done, no, and I'm not even saying I prefer the do-anything approach personally, but I don't think it's universally a bad thing that Madden includes camera positions and sweeps which aren't possible in real life.
Beyond that, we only have wire cams in real life because of Madden and the XFL. They should push the envelope and maybe TV will catch back up with them.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #274
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
First of all, I wouldnt take EA's word for it. They make terrible excuses for everything. Perhaps it is true....but it doesnt excuse tons of other things that they make pitiful excuses for. On top of which, I have no idea why the NFL would have issues with THAT of all things.

Secondly, stand up to them? LMAO...huh? In the end, its an NFL product and they have a say in things. If EA stands up to them, they risk losing the NFL license....and for that reason, I hope they do stand up to them.

Seriously though...I dont really buy that the NFL is the barrier there, but I have no way of proving it, so whatever.
This *is* the NFL we're talking about, here.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:17 PM   #275
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemsman
Fan signs, foam fingers and female fans.

Really? That's an announcement? That's a little embarassing if those things make the list of major improvements to the presentation of a new version of the game. Those are graphical updates to in patches to the previous game surely not back of the box overhauls to be trumpeted, no?
I agree, seems like something that should go unannounced and that we notice ourselves. Not only that, but I believe create-a-fan was in madden 2005 on the ps2 that advertised those same features. Not something that would make me want to buy this game.

To me, when I think of 'improved presentation', just look at the ancient game that shows this perfectly. There are nice stat overlays not only showing stats from players, but current standings, with commentary talking about this. Scores from other games also show up, with a decent weekly postgame show showing highlights from other games in your franchise. Things like this matter to me, and further draws me into franchise mode.

It also had multiple cutcsenes for different positions, showing head to head matchups, even some for head coaches, great replays where you see the whole field instead of seeing a close up of the ball carrier. And detailed commentary that has enough content to not get repetitive and actually flows well with the action on the field.

That's what I would like to see in madden 16, not female fans and foamfingers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2015, 07:18 PM   #276
Rookie

Skyhook71's Arena

OVR: 0

I do remember hearing how the NFL was part of the reason why many things were taken out. A lot of them are ridiculous, and it does sound like a call the NFL would make on most of these.

But they could of made it a limit on customs if they were really worried about the Raiders having a Pink helmet. Besides they have cancer awareness don't they? What the..... LOL

Makes me wonder why classic teams were taken out since 06'? Every since Madden hit last gen, classic teams got scrapped. PS2 and Xbox still had them in, and now they are just out. We have all of these classic players, but why not the old teams and stadiums? EA could of actually did a cool mode with them.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:29 PM   #277
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
I agree, seems like something that should go unannounced and that we notice ourselves. Not only that, but I believe create-a-fan was in madden 2005 on the ps2 that advertised those same features. Not something that would make me want to buy this game.

To me, when I think of 'improved presentation', just look at the ancient game that shows this perfectly. There are nice stat overlays not only showing stats from players, but current standings, with commentary talking about this. Scores from other games also show up, with a decent weekly postgame show showing highlights from other games in your franchise. Things like this matter to me, and further draws me into franchise mode.

It also had multiple cutcsenes for different positions, showing head to head matchups, even some for head coaches, great replays where you see the whole field instead of seeing a close up of the ball carrier. And detailed commentary that has enough content to not get repetitive and actually flows well with the action on the field.

That's what I would like to see in madden 16, not female fans and foamfingers.
Create a fan was one person, not an entire audience. Please read my previous post on the previous page.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #278
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I wonder how many people on here complaining about these small additions to presentation were upset about "living worlds" and the crowd being lifeless, no females, and cameramen wearing shorts in the snow. Obviously there are more issues to be addressed still, but these are things many on here were asking for them to work on after Madden 15 came out.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-11-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #279
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I wonder how many people on here complaining about these small additions to presentation were upset about "living worlds" and the crowd being lifeless, no females, and cameramen wearing shorts in the snow this time last year. Just something to think about.
I agree, maybe not the same people, but I clearly remember people complaining about how there are no females in Madden 15 and how there are no terrible towels etc... I don't care, I am looking forward to seeing the new additions and improvements except I don't care much for terrible towels
Old 07-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #280
Banned

VdaStampede's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I wonder how many people on here complaining about these small additions to presentation were upset about "living worlds" and the crowd being lifeless, no females, and cameramen wearing shorts in the snow. Obviously there are more issues to be addressed still, but these are things many on here were asking for them to work on after Madden 15 came out.
I think people are just giving feedback not complaining per say. I like the upgrades, but I'd have to agree they seem out of place in a blog. Makes me skeptical that they don't really have much new to show us.

I get that plenty of people are amped for this game, but it's not fair to paint others as "complainers" simply for giving their opinion on what they've seen to this point.

Who would keep coming back to a forum like this if every post was: 'Yay love the additions EA can't wait to play the game!'

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »