Home

Madden NFL 16 AFC East Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 AFC East Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #33
Rookie

jmallymav's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Julian Edelman is a 89? Riight
I thought the same thing!!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #34
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 AFC East Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings

Maybe I am delusional, but seems, considering all ratings released so far, that player ratings are, in general, lower than in previous Madden iterations?
Old 08-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Maybe I am delusional, but seems, considering all ratings released so far, that player ratings are, in general, lower than in previous Madden iterations?
Thought the same thing, actually.... Was surprised particularly by the "low" ratings of Sheldon Richardson, Damon Harrison, and to an extent Blount too.

Looking forward to see the next reveal to see if this is a trend.

This is probably Madden's best attempt to create a bigger gap between stars and average players, without compromising their "splash" 90+ ratings for stars.

By Madden standards....I only think Tannehill, Lamar Miller and Stephon Gilmore were too high in this list. But mostly by a point or two. Maybe Cromartie as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 06:24 AM   #36
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
Your homerism is showing.

If Edelman is on a team that finishes below .500, he doesn't hit 80 OVR even if he has the exact same season he just add. I get it, the Patriots won the Superbowl but let's not inflate how average players are suddenly great.
Your homerism for the Dolphins is showing. We have no clue what he would on a team that is below .500 and to introduce something like that is playing hypotheticals. It would be like me saying if Ryan Tannehill had Calvin Jonson he would an All Pro. Until it happens we can never prove it.

Edelman has had back to back seasons of 90+ receptions and 900+ yards. There is only two other WR's over that 2 year period to do that: Antonio Brown and Demaryius Thomas. Are those guys "average" players as well?
Old 08-06-2015, 06:28 AM   #37
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
The dude suffers from Bi-Polar Disorder and you call him a headcase. Not a good look...
Millions of people in America suffer from that same disorder and don't have near the rap sheet this guy has.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #38
MVP

Number999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Your homerism for the Dolphins is showing. We have no clue what he would on a team that is below .500 and to introduce something like that is playing hypotheticals. It would be like me saying if Ryan Tannehill had Calvin Jonson he would an All Pro. Until it happens we can never prove it.

Edelman has had back to back seasons of 90+ receptions and 900+ yards. There is only two other WR's over that 2 year period to do that: Antonio Brown and Demaryius Thomas. Are those guys "average" players as well?
I told myself I wasn't gonna bothering typing but I couldn't help myself.

SOMEONE has to get those yards. For the Patriots, Julian Edelman just happened to fall himself into that role. Just like in the past it was with Deion Branch who shocker, once he left New England was kind of a below average NFL player despite winning Superbowl MVP that one time.

Just take a look at your 2013 Receiving Core.

Julian Edelamn, Danny Amendola (12 games), Rob Gronkowski (7 games), Aaron Dobson (12 games), Kenbrell Thompkins (12 games)

He's the only freaking dude who played all 16 games! That's not a coincidence that by the end of the year he was kind of forced to catch the ball the majority of the time because Brady had no one better to go to. It'd be like me saying that Kevin Martin of the Timberwolves or Isaiah Thomas of the Celtics putting up 20 points per game is like what guys such as Paul George or James Harden do. They're empty stats... if you put the majority of other WRs who are of similar skill level of Edelman some will do a little worse and some will do a little better.

Once again, this is a pointless argument since neither one of us will change each other's minds but please don't point to overall stats in the future when Brady had literally no one else to go to besides him.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #39
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
I told myself I wasn't gonna bothering typing but I couldn't help myself.

SOMEONE has to get those yards. For the Patriots, Julian Edelman just happened to fall himself into that role. Just like in the past it was with Deion Branch who shocker, once he left New England was kind of a below average NFL player despite winning Superbowl MVP that one time.

Just take a look at your 2013 Receiving Core.

Julian Edelamn, Danny Amendola (12 games), Rob Gronkowski (7 games), Aaron Dobson (12 games), Kenbrell Thompkins (12 games)

He's the only freaking dude who played all 16 games! That's not a coincidence that by the end of the year he was kind of forced to catch the ball the majority of the time because Brady had no one better to go to. It'd be like me saying that Kevin Martin of the Timberwolves or Isaiah Thomas of the Celtics putting up 20 points per game is like what guys such as Paul George or James Harden do. They're empty stats... if you put the majority of other WRs who are of similar skill level of Edelman some will do a little worse and some will do a little better.

Once again, this is a pointless argument since neither one of us will change each other's minds but please don't point to overall stats in the future when Brady had literally no one else to go to besides him.
Now look at 2014:

Edelman - 14 games
Gronk - 15 games
Lafell - 16 games
Amendolla - 16 games
Vereen - 16 games
Wright - 16 games
Tymms - 11 games
Hooman - 16 games

Edelman led the team in receptions with 92, Gronk was next closest with 82. This despite Edelman missing two games. There goes that theory of yours. Your a Dolphins homer, I am a Pats homer. But watch the tape of Edelman shredding the best defense in the league in the SB. No one could cover him. If he was on your team you would be saying he is underrated.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:48 AM   #40
Rookie

kenchun24's Arena

Pats should be rated lower...they lost FAR too many defensive studs in the secondary...rest of the AFC East got jobbed...all improved vastly IMO. Far more than the Cheatriots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »