Home

Full Spreadsheet of Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings Available Now

This is a discussion on Full Spreadsheet of Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings Available Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 02:14 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: Full Spreadsheet of Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings Available Now

I don't understand the hype on Perriman. Guys like Goodwin and Dorsett burned coverage's while Perriman doesn't get the same separation on streaks. smh 40 times without pads are over valued in the football world.

Last edited by Facts; 08-13-2015 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:29 AM   #98
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Full Spreadsheet of Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings Available Now

Looks like speeds will have to be scaled back up if the draft speeds are legit(from the few people posting about that)and from the looks of half and half speed rating scales in this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 02:30 AM   #99
Rookie

STB Bodam's Arena

OVR: 0
The ratings... How is Brandon Thompson a 69? That's a joke.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:54 AM   #100
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I like JJ Watt and all but a 78 catch rating and again how is Desean Jackson not the fastest guy in the league.
JJ Watt was a tight end in high school and at a Central Michigan, 78 is probably low for him.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:28 AM   #101
Pro

OVR: 4

I think the biggest issue is nobody knows how they re-rate SPD based on age. If they gave an explanation to how this was calculated, then I reckon much would be clarified.

I did a google search (very quick one! before some people bust in to correct/scold the finding) and found this projections for Brent Grimes

40 Low: 4.47 40 Time: 4.57 40 High: 4.68 (via nfldraftscout.com)

Now that's from his rookie year and going by the spreadsheet a 40-time of 4.57 would approximately result in a SPD around the 84-87 range... Russell Wilson, for example, has a SPD of 86 with a 40-time of 4.55 (from nfl.com)... I assume since Russ is still quite young, his SPD rating is still being solely based on 40 time without devaluation from age so......

Brent Grimes is now 32 years old... what calculation/formula made him drop to 81 SPD from his original (approx) SPD of 86?

For reference: Other players with 81 SPD in M16 and their actual 40 times.
Xzavier Dickson (rookie for NE)....... 4.74 (via nfl.com)
Frank Gore (veteran over 30).......... 40 Low: 4.48 40 Time: 4.58 40 High: 4.69
Antonio Allen (young safety for NYJ)..... 4.67 (via nfl.com)

Two things:
1) funny how two young players around the same age group with 0.7 difference in 40-times end up with the same SPD rating

2) It seems there is some sort of "logic" to the SPD devaluation from age since both Gore and Grimes are the same age and had approximately the same 40 time in their rookie seasons and both now have 81 sped.

Last edited by msdm27; 08-13-2015 at 03:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 03:56 AM   #102
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
I think the biggest issue is nobody knows how they re-rate SPD based on age. If they gave an explanation to how this was calculated, then I reckon much would be clarified.

I did a google search (very quick one! before some people bust in to correct/scold the finding) and found this projections for Brent Grimes

40 Low: 4.47 40 Time: 4.57 40 High: 4.68 (via nfldraftscout.com)

Now that's from his rookie year and going by the spreadsheet a 40-time of 4.57 would approximately result in a SPD around the 84-87 range... Russell Wilson, for example, has a SPD of 86 with a 40-time of 4.55 (from nfl.com)... I assume since Russ is still quite young, his SPD rating is still being solely based on 40 time without devaluation from age so......

Brent Grimes is now 32 years old... what calculation/formula made him drop to 81 SPD from his original (approx) SPD of 86?

For reference: Other players with 81 SPD in M16 and their actual 40 times.
Xzavier Dickson (rookie for NE)....... 4.74 (via nfl.com)
Frank Gore (veteran over 30).......... 40 Low: 4.48 40 Time: 4.58 40 High: 4.69
Antonio Allen (young safety for NYJ)..... 4.67 (via nfl.com)

Two things:
1) funny how two young players around the same age group with 0.7 difference in 40-times end up with the same SPD rating

2) It seems there is some sort of "logic" to the SPD devaluation from age since both Gore and Grimes are the same age and had approximately the same 40 time in their rookie seasons and both now have 81 sped.
I remember Dan from FBG Ratings explained that NFL players barely even lose speed if they even lose any throughout their entire careers, and that EA's speed regression is completely out of hand.

I find it impossible to believe that every single veteran in the entire league lost speed, and guys like AP and Jamaal Charles both lost 7 speed in a single year, EA just completely overlooked rookies when they toned down speeds.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 08-13-2015, 04:41 AM   #103
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
I remember Dan from FBG Ratings explained that NFL players barely even lose speed if they even lose any throughout their entire careers, and that EA's speed regression is completely out of hand.

I find it impossible to believe that every single veteran in the entire league lost speed, and guys like AP and Jamaal Charles both lost 7 speed in a single year, EA just completely overlooked rookies when they toned down speeds.
That's why I'm looking for an explanation/logic based on EA's method, which is the only thing we have to work with for M16.

As long as stuff is consistent then I'm ok with that... I mean, if rookies running 4.57 come in at 86 SPD and regress accordingly with vets, then that's cool.

But as we all worry about.... the issue might be the amount of rookies coming in at 95+ SPD :/
Old 08-13-2015, 04:45 AM   #104
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Still not understanding Desean Jackson's rating, no he's not an Eagle anymore, but he is LITERALLY the fastest player in the NFL...I have never in my whole life seen him caught from behind. 92 speed? Stop it, these ratings are asinine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »