Home

Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers

This is a discussion on Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Develope

What about how annoying it is to try and re-sign depth players.

I'm in year 5 (I sim all the games and only play the playoffs) and any player rated near the 70's and lower will not sign a contract no matter what.

I offered a 72 OVR LG almost 5 mil a year when he was asking for 1 and he still said no.

I hope EA is aware of that as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #226
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Develope

We have updated the original post with more info and turned this into a news story.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:42 PM   #227
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Please do. Please provide me an example of multiple people (or anyone) saying that this bug was "OK".

Ive seen plenty of people state that the bug doesnt affect them. Some saying that they were going to move forward without the patch. Some saying that they were willing to wait a few weeks and will just play other modes.

Thats not saying that the situation is "OK". Its adjusting to a bad situation instead of complaining.

Now, I'm not saying people cant or shouldnt complain. They bought the game and that is their right. But people also have the right to choose not complain and wait for the patch. They also have the right to understand how and why situations like this happen.

Here's the rub, why does the consumer routinely "have to adjust to the bad situation"? To me, that reads, its OK. I get your point, but still. EA (maybe other production studios as well) is either unwilling or incapable of making a solid game. Their "either/or" game producing strategy is getting old. Sure, the gameplay works great, but some of the modes are totally useless.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:44 PM   #228
Rookie

OVR: 6

If you think about it, there are only four things a good Franchise Mode needs to be fun and immersive.

1. Realistic Stats
2. Realistic Progression/Regression
3. Custom draft classes (Not necessarily shareable)
4. Ability to edit players

If those 4 things work most players will be happy.

It would work like this:

Load the game.
Start a Franchise
Auto generate draft class.
Do you want to edit this years class? Yes
Edit a few prospects here and there, some people will recreate real life prospects, some will edit equipment and ratings, some won't edit anything.
Start your season
Play pre season
Scout a few prospects
Play a few regular season
Make a few trades
Sim some games
Play a few more games
Check the stat leaders
Check award races
Play some more
Made the playoffs? No?
Review your results
Advance to off season
Repeat - include draft for 2nd season and on.

If we could do that and get realistic results, we would be extremely happy.

All of the extra stuff is just bells and whistles.

Playing Franchise is about m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2015, 05:47 PM   #229
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

thanks for putting this together

not sure if there is an active list or not on that OP, but I think the coach packages not working is something that should be on there. you can spend the points, but once you click out of the staff screen and back in, you see that your points were not actually spent(or saved if you will). so I had 15k to spend, I spent the 15, then came back to the staff screen and still have 15k and none of the packages I bought are actually purchased.

I know its probably on the long list
Old 08-26-2015, 05:51 PM   #230
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
Here's the rub, why does the consumer routinely "have to adjust to the bad situation"? To me, that reads, its OK. I get your point, but still. EA (maybe other production studios as well) is either unwilling or incapable of making a solid game. Their "either/or" game producing strategy is getting old. Sure, the gameplay works great, but some of the modes are totally useless.
It may "read" that way to you but that doesnt make it the case. No one is calling this situation OK.

There is not a single game that I have played recently that I havent had to "adjust to" because of a bug. The Show has come close but there are always bugs that pop up. Now if bugs around release bothered me as much as it does many people in this thread.....I WOULD WAIT.

I would never buy a game release week. I would wait a week or two and see if anyone has found any major game killing bugs.

Now if what people are saying is true and EA always release games with game killing bugs and everybody knows that....When does some of the responsibility rest with you?

To use your dysfunctional relationship analogy, why do you keep going back when you know the game is going to frustrate and disappoint you because of bugs?
Old 08-26-2015, 05:51 PM   #231
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
Out of the box, absolutely, I agree, however, and I've said this many times before, there isn't a sports game that I've bought that I don't mess around with sliders until I get the game playing the way I want.

And, sometimes, this takes a lot of time, depending on the game itself and what issues come out of the box.

So, I don't see anything different here. I'll be slider testing till opening day and hopefully that is when the patch comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #232
Banned

JAFranz33's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Good to know. I was going to start mine today. Now I'll save myself the hassle of having to restart and just do skills trainer and online games vs. friends.

I do appreciate that the developers care about fixing this problem post-haste, and I'm willing to give them until the end of week one of the release to get it straight, but I think it is unacceptable to have to wait any longer than that to play a core mode in a game for which I paid $60.

I think it's fair to take a position of gratitude for their effort while also stating from a bottom-line perspective that a performance failure like this is not acceptable.

Here's to hoping the fix is speedy and effective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Someone please point me to a game that came out in the past year that hasn't needed a patch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
Whats weird for me is that I played a full season already in CFM and I did not look at any of these issues as game breaking or mode breaking. They were definitely not a good thing to see but I could still enjoy playing until we got SOS started. Now for the online league, we will most likely be waiting for a patch for longevity sake. But I can wait knowing that I can still enjoy my offline CFM even with these issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Of course it's an excuse man. But it's a valid excuse, all games have bugs. The severity of the bug to you is what determines if it's a game killing bug or something you can live with. The guys that only play MUT aren't looking at CFM and worrying about the issues we're having. It's all perspective when it comes to all of these games. The 2k series, baseball, hockey, whatever, they all have bugs that will either make you not want to play or decide they aren't something that impact your personal enjoyment of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
This is spot on...its all about your personal perspective on the game. I remember when MLB The Show (I think 13) had the bug where players would regress and progress in Spring Training like it was a full season. Players would go up and down 10-15 points overall and I looked at that as a game breaking bug that I could not deal with until it was patched. I do not have that same issue with these bugs right now...its all about personal perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I am just going by what everyone else has said because I haven't been able to listen to it yet. My hope is that as long as I don't get to the draft then it won't be an issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Here are just a few examples of people who don't seem to have a problem with this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »