Home

FG, And this is exactly why...

This is a discussion on FG, And this is exactly why... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 08:01 PM   #9
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: FG, And this is exactly why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
But that is partially because if it did happen a large number of people would demand it get patched.
I doubt it, but given that a large # of people on here want more bs cutscenes to skip through and other presentation crap instead of actual realism in the game, it wouldn't surprise me to see kids complaining that their game is broken.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:31 PM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
I doubt it, but given that a large # of people on here want more bs cutscenes to skip through and other presentation crap instead of actual realism in the game, it wouldn't surprise me to see kids complaining that their game is broken.
Not kids, tourney players that play for a lot of money.

That's why you don't see bad center snaps in the game, either.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:18 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Is that actually why ea hasn't put those in? There could at least be an option to turn it on and off.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2016, 09:53 PM   #12
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Pretty much my point.. People that play for lots of money aren't skilled at the game of football, they're good at Madden the video game.

The other 99% of players (all of us on here) should have the opportunity to have a realistic experience.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:30 AM   #13
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

This thread has highlighted two meritorious points of discussion that I'm glad we are having.

The first is that special teams as a whole, not just the kicking game, needs to be addressed in Madden 17. It may even need to be the fundamental pillar of the game. A Tyler Lockett or Antonio Brown cover on Madden 17 could market the importance of special teams. Coaches in the NFL harp on special teams because it is truly a comparable phase. Madden 17 basically gets nothing on special teams right and it's a shame.

-Field Goal %
-Punt Return / Kick Return Ability
-Punt Fielding Ability
-Punt Ball Trajectory

All these aspects were better 10 years ago on the XBOX and PS2 than they are now. I think that's indicative of how bad it is.

It's almost impossible to bust a big punt return in Madden, but at the same time almost every ball is returnable for about 10 yards. That's why the NFL average is pretty well maintained by the game. The gunners aren't fast enough, the ball never hops up, and it certainly won't bounce backwards.

The second point - we've talked about Madden not being able to cater to everyone - sim community, kids, big tournament players, etc etc. This is why the free market is such a great thing. In a world where Madden existed in the current state, 2K or someone else could run to the sim community with open arms.

I'm surprised they haven't done it already. A football game that combined solid gameplay (hard to pull off and something we don't give Madden enough credit for this year) with the ability to fully customize everything (teams, league, players, draft classes) could be an amazing experience. I would love to see a game that tried to replicate high school football and allowed us to make the league and a wide variety of teams in our own image. Microsoft could nail this given the Windows 10 integration with consoles.

The results would be even more intriguing if EA couldn't monopolize using the NFL license.

Every market deserves competition.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:52 AM   #14
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
But that is partially because if it did happen a large number of people would demand it get patched.
Part of the problem with introducing defensive breakdowns is that the QB can see the whole field. Madden is already slanted in favor of the offense. The game needs to either bring back the vision cone or force players into a much lower camera angle on offense if they want to start gimping the D.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:20 PM   #15
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

I sim almost all special teams stuff and see missed field goals, blocked field goals and even missed extra points. I have missed multiple extra points in the past season and a half in very windy games.

With punts, they actually get downed by the gunners which is nice i have yet to see a blocked punt though. Only time I dont sim is if I feel like running a kick back or if its a crucial field goal and I want the game to be in my hands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Its not just the tourney players.
Posters on this forum would complain about it as well.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »