Home

Madden NFL 17: Franchise Mode Adds New Play the Moments, Super-Sim Features

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17: Franchise Mode Adds New Play the Moments, Super-Sim Features within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-12-2016, 11:30 PM   #169
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17: Franchise Mode Adds New Play the Moments, Super-Sim Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
I should also note that formation subs and defensive matchups are priorities one and two for next year. Those have to be at the forefront of what we go after. I just omitted them from this list because we already confirmed they were not in.
Defensive matchup - yes

Formation subs - no, not good enough - gotta be full custom sub package system
Old 06-12-2016, 11:34 PM   #170
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Alright, this was my wishlist coming in. Let's see how we did.

(1) - Nope. Injuries are still broken off-ball. With a heavy emphasis on incorporating sim into CFM, it looks like that can help remedy this. Nonetheless, the fact that linemen and off-ball players can't get hurt is a bit ridiculous. This is one that was in 13 years ago. It needs to be fixed pronto.

(2) - Kind of. You can only edit them once they're drafted, which means you'll still be scouting Patrick Patrick. Hopefully, they'll build toward an environment where we can share these like in other games. I get the fact that maybe EA is scared of litigation and doesn't want the community churning out draft classes in the wake of O'Bannon and I can appreciate that. Nonetheless there wouldn't be anything illegal about us doing it.

(3) - Yes!!

(4) - Yes!!

(5) - Yes, according to Price.

(6) - No.

(7) - ???

(8) - According to Price, we can more effectively setup 32-team control. No word on the streamlining of doing tasks. A big NO on switching sides in CFM.

(9) - No. And I think this is a bigger deal to me than most. My team is the Packers and teams like us and the Ravens love to use the compensatory system to stack draft picks.

(10) - No.

So, at least for me, we got 4 points out of 10 with 6 of my items addressed at least in some capacity. I'll take it. But there is still a lot of work to do. Full player editing will allow us to remedy a lot of ills.

Plus, I like the general direction they're taking CFM. I endorse the XP system as I think it's a game apparatus that simulates real life progression as best we can and gives users control and strategy to consider.

Since I found out I'm not alone in loving to switch teams during CFM, I've decided that will be my big push for 18. That will be what I advocate for.
Hopefully #6 makes it into Madden 18
Old 06-12-2016, 11:34 PM   #171
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I should also note that formation subs and defensive matchups are priorities one and two for next year. Those have to be at the forefront of what we go after. I just omitted them from this list because we already confirmed they were not in.
Clint left the possibility of formation subs for a patch by noting they won't be in at launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #172
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm sure there's a lot of small things to realize/show. Practice squad means they had to mess with roster limits, how are salaries managed, etc for example. Probably a ton of UI work and information radiation that's nice in practice but not so amazing that you add them to the blogs.

Last edited by mestevo; 06-13-2016 at 04:09 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #173
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0

Full Player editing does nothing for me personally... but cool to see it back in.

I liked what I saw regarding "Big Decisions" and am thrilled Practice Squad finally got added. Really the biggest thing I wanna see is more stuff like in-game ticker and practice squad stuff being added because it sets a foundation that can be built off upon for the future. Not flashy gimmicks that'll then be removed. I've seen a few people saying they were "under-whelmed" but just a few of those additions alone I think are fantastic.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 06-12-2016, 11:59 PM   #174
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

The ticker has me worried for people who play 32 team franchise. The reason a ticker wasnt going to work in last years game was because you couldnt sim games until u advanced the week. From the video, it looks like its the same system.

What I want is what I have in the Show or NBA2k, where I can sim the games I dont want to play. In the Show, after I sim the games...the results show up in the ticker. I'm worried that the ticker will only be beneficial for players who only control one team.

Simming the game through supersim may be a workaround though.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:33 AM   #175
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The ticker has me worried for people who play 32 team franchise. The reason a ticker wasnt going to work in last years game was because you couldnt sim games until u advanced the week. From the video, it looks like its the same system.

What I want is what I have in the Show or NBA2k, where I can sim the games I dont want to play. In the Show, after I sim the games...the results show up in the ticker. I'm worried that the ticker will only be beneficial for players who only control one team.

Simming the game through supersim may be a workaround though.
On NCAA 14, the game pre-determined the scores/outcomes during the load from 1 week to the next. You could still play any and all of those games, even though the sim engine had simmed a result to feed the ticker for presentation purposes. Given that EA has done this before, I'm not too worried.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 12:38 AM   #176
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
On NCAA 14, the game pre-determined the scores/outcomes during the load from 1 week to the next. You could still play any and all of those games, even though the sim engine had simmed a result to feed the ticker for presentation purposes. Given that EA has done this before, I'm not too worried.
So for those who just control one team will the final result we see in the ticker actually be the result of those games when we advance to the next week or will they be completely different?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »