Home

They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-14-2016, 12:15 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Thought you could just toss that in there and all the 'Skins nation on OS would just let it slide huh, no. RGIII was part of a team that was working through some issues and he got hurt, along with some other setbacks, now he's on a bad team, lol. j/k

Seriously though, I don't think RGIII is a god example here because he got injured too, so if that factored into dev trait that would be something different from it regressing simply due to not meeting goals.
That's fair, but I would say it does based off how they described it. If a guy is inured, he's playing less. If he's playing less, he's meeting less year long goals. If he's hitting less year long goals, he'll regress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 12:24 PM   #226
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

[quote=OhMrHanky;2048240573U ever play that game default?? Your center won't even attempt to dunk under the basket!!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Heck no, not a sports game I play that I don't fiddle around with sliders to get the game I want to play the way I want it to.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:35 PM   #227
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Heck no, not a sports game I play that I don't fiddle around with sliders to get the game I want to play the way I want it to.

Lol. U know, for some reason, I was stubborn as hell for the longest time. I would say to myself, 'I don't want to fix the game. That's the dev's job!' But, I think I started with NBA 2k, and was like, seriously, gotta boost at least the dunk attempts, because these goofy looking 1 ft hook shots from the under the rim by 7 ft centers is KILLING ME!! DUNK IT!! DUNK IT!! WHAT R U DOING??!! And, then, finally, I said, 'madden. I AM GOING TO MAKE U PLAY REAL FOOTBALL, DAMMIT!!' And, the rest is history. I don't think I'll ever play default sports games, either. Except FIFA, as I only play that online and it actually plays as well as it can out the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #228
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

This is the most excited I've ever been for a Madden release. The features sound great, but the one that really kicks it over the edge for me is being able to fully edit every player in my franchise at any time. I'm a control freak, and I'm also super nerdy when it comes to statistical analysis. I'll probably devise my own progression systems and spend countless hours frequently editing players.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #229
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatupu_64
That's fair, but I would say it does based off how they described it. If a guy is inured, he's playing less. If he's playing less, he's meeting less year long goals. If he's hitting less year long goals, he'll regress.
All that does is support that in the case of injuries, dev traits behave in a realistic manner within the XP/goal system but it's besides the point for when injuries aren't involved. In that case, it's unrealistic for a players dev trait/potential to diminish solely due to not meeting goals. Tom Brady, Steve Young and Willie Beaman are good real world examples, lol.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #230
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
All that does is support that in the case of injuries, dev traits behave in a realistic manner within the XP/goal system but it's besides the point for when injuries aren't involved. In that case, it's unrealistic for a players dev trait/potential to diminish solely due to not meeting goals. Tom Brady, Steve Young and Willie Beaman are good real world examples, lol.

Willie Beaman??!!! Lol. Yeah, he gained the superstar trait after puking on the field during the huddle! Lol. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #231
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
John White tweeted this about draft classes

I'm hoping this means that they've nearly doubled in size. If so, I think that could be an underrated addition and something that could add to scouting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatupu_64
It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out given the current state of goals. I think it's very possible depending on how much development is reliant on goals that there could be a lot of confusing regression and progression based on the current goals structure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #232
MVP

OVR: 1

logic also says FA pool should be larger as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »