Home

They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Yeah, can someone get clarification on the editing of the name please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #26
Rookie

Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

NVM- saw the tweet. Excellent news.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
That is my main concern as well. An 82 OVR is 27th based on overall, meaning 26 other QBs are ranked higher. That means 84% of teams have a QB 82 or above, which is not realistic. Also the fact it says "based on overall" tells me overall will once again take precedent in terms of the AI decision making in CFM, regardless of anything else.
Dealing with the OVR aspect, looking at the AI response to reason to cut Breshad (doesn't meet our standards), there may be some under the hood stuff happening to help the AI in this area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (109.4 KB, 391 views)
Old 06-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Practice Squads seem superfluous unless you get a prompt when another team tries to "steal" a player and sign them to their 53...you should get a chance to offer them an equal or better contract, so you can make a cut and activate them to the 53 yourself, as most players prefer to stay with the team who gave them a shot and whose playbook they've been learning in real life anyways.

If that doesn't happen, then not many people are going to risk extremely athletic, freakish, or potentially high-ceiling young players on their Practice Squad, they'll make room for them on the 53. And then the Practice Squad will be ignored almost completely.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:11 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
Practice Squads seem superfluous unless you get a prompt when another team tries to "steal" a player and sign them to their 53...you should get a chance to offer them an equal or better contract, so you can make a cut and activate them to the 53 yourself, as most players prefer to stay with the team who gave them a shot and whose playbook they've been learning in real life anyways.

If that doesn't happen, then not many people are going to risk extremely athletic, freakish, or potentially high-ceiling young players on their Practice Squad, they'll make room for them on the 53. And then the Practice Squad will be ignored almost completely.
Isn't that the same as real-life though? Nobody is going to put some freakish young athlete on the PS. They put guys who could in and do a job on the PS or some young guy who has shown a flash and may turn out to be a decent-to-good player. Very few elite NFL players started out on practice squads.

It's probably the reason EA left it out for so long: A lot of people will ignore it. Personally I love the feature.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #30
Rookie

For someone who plays pretty much only in online leagues, I guess I dont get the big wanting of fully editable players. There is no reasonable scenario in a league id see that happen. I guess if you're playing by yourself, and want to beef up your players, have at it. Dont get the fun in that though anyways.

I was really hoping to see something on draft boards, exhibition games, and more powers for commissioners to undo roster dumps and even games that people will super cheese in. But from what it looks like, we wont be getting any of these.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #31
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
You can edit EVERYTHING about a player after they've been drafted. EA have confirmed it. Traits, Name, Appearance, Attributes, Development Trait, College. But we just can't share them with others online. Shame, but I'll take it.
As excited as I am about full player editing, custom draft classes will be number 1 on my 2018 Wishlist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietdoubledew
Isn't that the same as real-life though? Nobody is going to put some freakish young athlete on the PS. They put guys who could in and do a job on the PS or some young guy who has shown a flash and may turn out to be a decent-to-good player. Very few elite NFL players started out on practice squads.

It's probably the reason EA left it out for so long: A lot of people will ignore it. Personally I love the feature.
Sorry, I'm just wondering how its all going to work.

For instance, it really worries me that the screenshot they showed had low-rated rookies like Booker and Higgins on the Ravens Practice Squad already...as if these 4th and 5th round picks were already cut in preseason by the teams that drafted them and the Ravens picked them up and made them Practice Squad players. That's unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »