Home

QB Evade + Rollout Mechanic

This is a discussion on QB Evade + Rollout Mechanic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-04-2016, 07:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: QB Evade + Rollout Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I honestly think we should be able to use jukes, spins ect with QB's behind the LoS. Holding down L2 should trigger that mechanic, allowing you to do manual moves. If the QB has high jke/spn ect then he will automatically do more advanced versions of those moves. And regular QB evasion like side stepping, and spinning out of a sack should be done automatically based on the QB's rating. I'd love for EA to add a Pocket Evasion rating, that would work in conjunction with the aforementioned automatic QB evasion.
I like this idea, or some version of it. There needs to be a way to get the QB to enter "runner" mode.

Ever since they put in the "feature" where you can get called for illegal forward pass, you now have to be several yards past the LOS before you can do run oriented moves, including covering the ball or sliding. A lot of times I am scrambling out and just want to slide down near the LOS to avoid taking a big hit, but you can't do so because the QB will attempt to throw to the X receiver, causing a penalty and potentially resulting in an interception.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #10
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphster21
I like this idea, or some version of it. There needs to be a way to get the QB to enter "runner" mode.

Ever since they put in the "feature" where you can get called for illegal forward pass, you now have to be several yards past the LOS before you can do run oriented moves, including covering the ball or sliding. A lot of times I am scrambling out and just want to slide down near the LOS to avoid taking a big hit, but you can't do so because the QB will attempt to throw to the X receiver, causing a penalty and potentially resulting in an interception.
Ahh the old runner mode from Maddens of the past. I believe was it 03 or 04 they set the default to quick passing that we know today. But it wasn't till 06 that they allowed qbs to sprint behind the los. The old way did have the benefit of juking behind the line, but I prefer the added mobility they have now.

I agree with what someone said about using l2 to modify pocket moves.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:27 AM   #11
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm down to use the L2 as a modifier. I'm against automatic movements by my QB in the pocket though. I just think it's too complicated and could lead to more frustration than joy.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »