Home

Madden NFL 17 Q & A Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Q & A Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #1057
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Q & A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisportsfan23
I want to start a offline franchise as Robert Griffin iii. With the latest updates to the rosters, he's on IR and I cannot select him. Is there a way to select him and keep the latest roster update?
Not sure if this works but try starting a new cfm and in settings before you actually start the cfm choose pre existing injuries off.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:42 PM   #1058
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmcfreak
When and where do I franchise tag someone? I don't want to miss it when it happens.
the week after the SB, you get one last change to re-sign your various impending FA. if you fail to come to an agreement, it’ll offer you a chance to tag them. but you have to offer them a contract that the player turns down.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #1059
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic
Hah, I actually finally saw this the other day but thanks for the reply! I felt so dumb that I missed it before somehow. But to be fair light grey text on white background is a horrible UI choice.

Anyways, I'm still a bit confused about archetype regarding position changes. For example, I'm converting the Lions from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and moved a couple of backup DT to DE and their archetype was "speed rusher" with 72 speed. I read through your franchise mode tips thread and am still a bit confused.

I feel like some archetypes are a bit off and I realize you can change them yourself, but is there a way for the game to generate them based on what they "should" be? From my understanding it picks the archtype with the highest overall, but I don't understand how a DT could ever be a speed rusher. Thanks!
two point here:
- the “achetypes” change when you switch position and it seems to me that the switches are very much automatic. for example, move anyone to an OL position and he’ll be a “pass blocker”. move anyone to a DT and he’ll become a NT. move anyone to DE and he’ll become a “speed rusher”. move anyone to WR and they’ll be a a “speed receiver”. move anyone to OLB and they’ll be a “34 pass rusher”.
- you can edit this attribute like you can any other aspect of the player. go to the player’s card and use the edit function. now, i’ve found that sometimes, if you edit the “archetype”, it can flip itself when you save the players & exit. simply just go in re-edit it & this second time, it should stick.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #1060
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisportsfan23
I want to start a offline franchise as Robert Griffin iii. With the latest updates to the rosters, he's on IR and I cannot select him. Is there a way to select him and keep the latest roster update?
when setting up your CFM, adjust the "pre-existing injury" setting.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:49 PM   #1061
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikBrock203
And what's up with the low confidence ? My QB is in his 3 year and 99 overall yet his Confidence is at 53 ? Seems to be broke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Confidence is tied to weekly and season goals not overall
IMO, confidence in the game is random beyond just losing games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 03:56 AM   #1062
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

Are development traits increasing/decreasing in this years Madden? I know I could upgrade them, but I am currently in my third season with the Browns and while Cody Kessler suddenly has the quick trait, Joe Haden decreased to normal. Is it part of the aging process or how did this happen?

Haven't played a Madden game in a few years, so did I miss something on that front?
Old 10-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #1063
Rookie

WhoDat45's Arena

IN CFM did they fix the formation stub bug that when you set them and a week later they reset
Old 10-02-2016, 10:30 PM   #1064
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
when setting up your CFM, adjust the "pre-existing injury" setting.
This does not work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »