Home

Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.03 Available - Patch Notes Included (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.03 Available - Patch Notes Included (PS4, Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Was still playing 16 as recently as a couple weeks ago. Was worse last year imo.
We must of been playing 2 different games then imo
Old 09-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #194
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.03 Available - Patch Notes Included (PS4, Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
We must of been playing 2 different games then imo
The game I traded in two weeks ago was similar to the other posters. Patches and continuous development could have made a difference depending on when you traded yours in.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:16 PM   #195
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.03 Available Now - Here Are The Details (PS4, Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
This cannot be stated enough. Poor play-calling has been a huge under the radar issue that has plagued this game for years and the complaints never gain any traction.

There are literally hundreds of plays in every playbook and less than 20 are even used. On the defensive side of the ball it's an even bigger joke. I challenge anyone to make a custom CPU defensive play book and prioritize the plays properly and then see what kind of game you get.

This doesn't require a patch unless they FINALLY allow us to assign custom play books to CPU opponents without having to jump through hoops.....or at a minimum have a freaking intern go in and adjust the star levels of the plays and for the love of.......get rid of the majority of the Four Verticle calls! It's stupid! It's just hilarious that people complain about the one armed catches being OP. Maybe....maybe not, but when the CPU and USER are constantly calling this play it's going to create an idea that it is. Want to see how ridiculous it is...go into any teams offensive playbook, look at 3rd and 4th and long situations as well as 2 minute drill....how many times is four verticles in there? Also, why are PA passes often being called on 3rd and long? What DC is going to fall for a PA pass on 3rd and 8 or more?

Simple fix that makes game play light years better and more challenging than it is now..
This x100 .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #196
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.03 Available Now - Here Are The Details (PS4, Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This was cpu Cam Newton against me before the patch. I for one will be very happy if the patch fixed this.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, he looks like one of the ducks in a carnival shooting game!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 09-03-2016, 05:03 PM   #197
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
I think deep passing isn't broken, just a unbalanced. But I say this playing mostly with little dinky speed guys in CFM that I've drafted, so I'm not talking about jump ball scenarios.

What I notice is that if D is playing off coverage with safety help, deep balls are almost impossible. Whenever I see man press with safeties in the box, though, there's a 90% chance it's a TD -- just wait a second, lob lead pass, RAC catch, GONE.

So I guess that, from one perspective, the matchups work like they're supposed to, but here's the key...it's all too predictable. I wish success/fail rates would mix up a little more regardless of the coverage. I'd LOVE to see my rookie WR with catch in the 70's drop a wide open pass (though if this were in the game there would be community outcry, lol) OR a safety playing over the top blow it (which happens ALL THE TIME in real life).

The OVERARCHING concern here is my complaint with Madden in a nutshell: you can do almost anything in Madden -- break long runs, hit bombs, get sacks -- but almost never by playing high-IQ football. You get them by setting up exploit situations. So you set house rules for yourself, and THAT SUCKS.

You are forgetting one thing, it is a video game, and you are never going to have cpu that can be programmed to think like a real person, so you have this kind of stuff. I don't understand why some people, especially people that having been playing madden, or sports games in general, for more than two or three years can't just accept this by now.

It is what it is man, it is nuance of video games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #198
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flair4TheGold
Here's another scenario, haven't tried it since I do not own a 2nd controller yet. What if a game has two user controlled teams. Second controller is set as guest. Shouldn't that second controller be on the other team? The controller selection screen has four available controllers. Not sure why there isn't some setting to have that second controller able to be moved to the other team, especially if you were playing with another friend in an offline league.

Then, for supersim, you would select offense only.

All you have to do is have 2 controllers set it for quick playbook before you start the game where the uniform options is and just press X on the 2nd controller for defense to select the play. You don't have to wait 15 seconds like the other guy said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

Last edited by dickey1331; 09-03-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:42 PM   #199
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofchampions
Here we go again. There is nothing wrong with deep passing in this game. I don't get it, before madden 16, deep passing had been basically non functioning since like, the PS2 era.

In madden 16, they finally made deep passing functional again, and yet all I saw was people complain about it. I like being able to stretch the field. I like being able to burn a defender if they are in one on one coverage. Passing deep exists in the NFL. Corners and safeties get burned all the time in the NFL. I don't want deep passing to be made basically non functional again.

I mean what is the point of having a highly rated WR or TE if they are basically useless on anything but slants? I just don't understand some people man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are you talking about ? So having 400 yards receiving and 5 tds by the half is OK because Julio Jones is awesome? It's awesome Bo Jackson could run for 1000 yards a game Lol but that's a tecmo bowl argument not simulation football Madden. I'm glad it works fine for you but a lot of us don't want to be able to burn deep tds all game. Like do you think we are making this up? Not once did I see the CPU change coverage. After three tds in the first quarter do you think the coach is thinking "ah well, it's Julio Jones what are ya gonna do! " double teams minimum but your certainly not going to leave Jo shmo press coverage with no help over the top the rest of the game or you'll be watching a McDonald's management training video on Monday instead of game film.
Like I said I'm glad you have no problem but it irks me to no end when people say it doesn't exist for others just because it doesn't for them.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #200
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.03 Available - Patch Notes Included (PS4, Xbox One)

Do you have to have an XBOX Gold membership to get this patch?
I didn't see it DL and my membership just expired.

I guess I did get DL'd. It shows Madden 17 @ 28.8gbs

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-03-2016 at 08:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »