Home

Madden 18 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 wishlist thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #273
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 wishlist thread

Here's a simple one: be able to play madden connected franchise games offline. If my buddy and I make the SB, we want to sit next to each other, talk smack, and play. The servers are garbage, and constantly dropping, so this would help out there. ON a side note, any one know a workaround for this?
Old 02-14-2017, 09:25 PM   #274
Rookie

1. Custom Music for Franchise Mode, for the players who don't like the built in soundtrack that was coded into the game.

2. Ability to create your own half-time show for the Super Bowl

3. More city, uniform, and stadium options for relocation and rebuilding stadiums

Last edited by videogamelover; 02-14-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:19 AM   #275
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

Ability to play the offensive/defensive moments. Right now our choices are play the moments, play the full game, play the full offense, or play the full defense, unless I've overlooked something. Sometimes I have a few minutes to get a game in and while play the moments is cool, I don't always want to play defense and having to click through a half dozen "It's 3rd down, make the stop" or "Block the kick!" dialogs between each drive is annoying.
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #276
Rookie

OVR: 3

Playbook updates during He season like NBA 2k

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #277
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Improving For Madden 18
Run Game
- Veer Runs – Would like to see the read defender always play the HB unless their Awareness and Play Recognition is both at 90 +. The only way to supersede this would be the in game commands by the user defender. This way the user also has to be aware. If the user doesn’t want to have to worry about the Veer he/she either has to have the players or they have to use the commands. Improved run blocking logic. Too many missed blocks that result in the QB getting taken down when the read man takes the HB. DT’s and DE’s sometimes go unblocked from the backside to take the QB down before he gets started.
- Triple, Power, Speed Option Runs - once the QB clears the line of scrimmage would like to see him in full sprint mode rather than the option run animation. Or at least maybe a good element to add is the user being able to put the QB in full sprint mode much similar to scramble mode with pass, R trigger twice for example. Also, at times there is a 360 spin by the pitch man that needs to be removed.
- Read Defender on Option – Would like to see him get wider to take the QB to create rushing lanes for the HB underneath. If he’s sqeezing on the HB he needs to squeeze much tighter. Currently his technique allows him to cover both the QB and the HB at times. He can’t do both. This is especially true in the 3-4 defense.
- Read Option – Would like to see these be able to cut off tackle rather than always forced to hit the interior of the line. Play art and player movement need to suggest the singling out of the Read man rather than suggesting Inside Zone.
- Inverted Veer- Would like to see Read defender if he is taking the QB squeeze down the line tighter. Currently he’s wide and at times bumps into the HB but then tackles the QB.
- QB Running Animation on Option Plays - Once the QB Breaks the line of scrimmage I would like to see him in full sprint mode while still having the option to pitch the football.
- Speed and Power Options – Would like to see the initial running animation by QB’s be faster.
- Nickel, Quarter, Dime Defense vs Pro, I Form Tight, I Heavy, Strong Tight ect – Would like to see dynamic ratings and block shed in these defenses decrease versus the above types of offensive formations. While run fits is a nice addition Nickel, Quarter, Dime defenses are still way too effective against the base and larger sets and it has to do with block shedding and targeting.
- Running Back Controls – Would like to see the user be able to decelerate the HB behind the line of scrimmage using the L trigger. With the L Trigger still held, the user can cause the HB to jump cut and accelerate right or left. Would also like to see a more effective stiff arm for players with a high stiff arm rating. Doesn't seem to trigger when using it.
Passing Game
- QB Movement – Would like to see a more responsive evade in the pocket feature.
- Route Running Playmakers (CFM)- would like to see WR’s that are best at running specific routes receive a modifier/boost when running that route (CFM related). Here is a list https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...type-of-route/.
- Offensive Team Tendency Modifier - would like to see each offensive playbook emphasize particular routes and or run plays. When the user calls those routes in CFM the WR's, OL, RB whoever applies receive a boost modifier. This is a nuance to what's already there. So for instance, let's say the Packers are known for the quick slant or the slant and go. Your offensive players receive more modifiers when you run these plays vs other pass plays. Now what this means is, you have a team playbook modifier along with the weekly game plan modifier. You can double stack the modifier if your game plan coincides with the playbook focus. Here are some of the reasons I like this idea:
1. It's flexible. You don't have to use it to be successful.
2. It creates a diversity of playstyles in CFM IF people want to use it to double stack the modifiers. This way Madden CFM play does not become stale. That is, when you play different players, you are forced to defend differently. And to give people incentive I think this is where people should receive the most XP.

Player Movement Would like to see defensive locomotion overhauled. ONe of the biggest issues to me right now in CFM and any head to head game is defensive locomotion. The tell tale sign is when you look at a great deal of CFM leagues the leading INT leaders are Middle/Inside Linebackers. Why is this so? There are a host of reasons, but the biggest reason is being able to lock down multiple routes in the middle of the field with one player. Coverage wise a defender once he has committed there is just no way possible to get back and cover something else. This happens way to much where guys will sit on the drag waiting to see what the offensive player will do. If there is a post over the top or a Seam route over the top, the game allows that same user to leap up and INT the pass even though he was sitting on the drag route. One man cannnot sit on the drag but then get back and Intercept the seam route. We have a user in our CFM that had 27 INT's with Benedarick McKinney and it's because he can sit on multiple routes and then just press a button and have McKinney warp to the football on a pass he has no business intercepting.

WR Route RunningIf we cannot get new locomotion on defense then I would like to see WR's and TE's run their routes faster and with more explosion. To me without new locomotion this is the second best compromise that will prevent a guy from being able to guard multiple routes and lock down the middle of the field with one defender.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:12 AM   #278
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Cross communicating a great idea I saw on Reddit:

We should have different fumble recovery types with varying levels of risk/recovery assigned to each.

1. Pick up and run
2. Fall on the ball
3. Bat or punch ball

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...75&sh=7da8a69c

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 02-17-2017, 03:24 PM   #279
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I am going to reiterate custom draft classes that you can save and share before starting a franchise.

As much as I love creating real players after the draft, I would prefer to not do it for the multiple CFM's I have played since August.

I would love to create a draft class for each season and edit it throughout the season so when I start a new franchise I don't have to start from scratch.

I would also love to share it with the community.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #280
MVP

Just heard about today's MLB The Show 17 news regarding the MLB Network presentation package. That brings them to four total broadcast packages, IIRC. Hopefully the folks at EA add more packages in the foreseeable future (emulating FOX, CBS, NBC, etc.). This would be especially welcome in Franchise Mode, where having different broadcast packages, each with their own unique "feel", would hopefully do their part in keeping things fresh.

I also made a number of additions to the wishlist I posted earlier in this thread. If you're interested in giving them a read, click on the Google Doc link in my sig.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »