Home

Coach Mode - Forcing WR targets

This is a discussion on Coach Mode - Forcing WR targets within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 02:09 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Coach Mode - Forcing WR targets

So I play coach mode with a mixture of play the moments normal and play the moments slow. The thing I have noticed (and this may be different for others so please let me know if it's just me) is that my top WR never gets as many targets as the slot receiver or tight end.

I play the raiders and in coach mode or play the moments SLOW Carr basically ignores Amari Cooper and targets Holmes and Walford way too much. When in play the moments NORMAL then cooper seems to get the appropriate amount of targets.

I wonder if this is something to do with matchups (e.g. if he's the primary receiver he isn't skilled enough yet to gain separation for good targets) or if it's just something that happens in coach mode.

Any other insights I'm all ears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Coach Mode - Forcing WR targets

I was wondering this as well. Zack miller, tight end for the bears, had over 100 receptions in my first season lol
Old 09-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
So I play coach mode with a mixture of play the moments normal and play the moments slow. The thing I have noticed (and this may be different for others so please let me know if it's just me) is that my top WR never gets as many targets as the slot receiver or tight end.

I play the raiders and in coach mode or play the moments SLOW Carr basically ignores Amari Cooper and targets Holmes and Walford way too much. When in play the moments NORMAL then cooper seems to get the appropriate amount of targets.

I wonder if this is something to do with matchups (e.g. if he's the primary receiver he isn't skilled enough yet to gain separation for good targets) or if it's just something that happens in coach mode.

Any other insights I'm all ears.
It's a madden problem. CPU loves checkdowns.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 09:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Absolutely a PTM Slow thing. I noticed this as well as the Cowboys. Dez didn't have a single catch some games. Also there were multiple times where he'd be on the left side of the field, run a slant, be WIDE OPEN and drop the pass. Once or twice I'd chalk it up to being a real drop, but it happens A LOT.

I had a rookie WR that was targeted a lot. (Slot). My solution was to put Dez 3rd on the WR depth chart. The VERY NEXT GAME he had 10+ receptions for 100+ yards lol. My playbook is a lot of 3 wr sets though so keep that in mind.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop9889
Absolutely a PTM Slow thing. I noticed this as well as the Cowboys. Dez didn't have a single catch some games. Also there were multiple times where he'd be on the left side of the field, run a slant, be WIDE OPEN and drop the pass. Once or twice I'd chalk it up to being a real drop, but it happens A LOT.

I had a rookie WR that was targeted a lot. (Slot). My solution was to put Dez 3rd on the WR depth chart. The VERY NEXT GAME he had 10+ receptions for 100+ yards lol. My playbook is a lot of 3 wr sets though so keep that in mind.
Yup. You have to 'scheme' him open, as they say. Move him back to WR1 before going to sim on normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »