Home

Multiple primary positions for highly skilled players......

This is a discussion on Multiple primary positions for highly skilled players...... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2016, 03:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Multiple primary positions for highly skilled players......

Why hasn't Madden progressed to where we could have certain skilled players be eligible for both offensive and defensive positions? It would be great to have certain players that can play both offense and defense for certain plays and Madden 17 hasn't really recognized it in today's league. Should be able to have a fast DB with great speed and good hands be lined up as a WR on certain plays or a DE lined up as a TE, and other formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 07:03 AM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Re: Multiple primary positions for highly skilled players......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkill1sf
Why hasn't Madden progressed to where we could have certain skilled players be eligible for both offensive and defensive positions? It would be great to have certain players that can play both offense and defense for certain plays and Madden 17 hasn't really recognized it in today's league. Should be able to have a fast DB with great speed and good hands be lined up as a WR on certain plays or a DE lined up as a TE, and other formations.

So the lack of position flexibility is a bit of a double edged sword, from my experience discussing this and on other forums there are two main parties:

• Open up the depth chart, players have skill sets and sizes therefore I should be able to put any player I want in any position. Down with fascism!
  • Lock down the depth chart, Megatron at TE killed online Madden for years and people should be stopped from cheesing. Protect us oh great overlords!

The problem with No1 is that the game needs to work properly (including formation subs) with a good physics engine in order for this to be successful. If I want to put a TE at C or a S at LB, expect them to be fast and nimble but get blown up by bigger stronger players. Size and matchups need to matter a lot more with an off-ball injury system (that SS rushing from the OLB spot should be mega-pancaked if not big & strong enough and it should eventually cause an injury).

The problem with No2 is that it ruins creativity and the option of “opening up your playbook” for players that don’t want to cheese but say want Patrick Peterson at WR or JJ Watt at TE. It’s there for a good reason but I get your pain. They should have 2 settings for depth charts, locked (current system) and open (any player at any position but beware the consequences). Online play now can be locked and online CFMs can have the option.

I wrote a forum post similar to this a while back:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lity-idea.html
Old 10-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude

So the lack of position flexibility is a bit of a double edged sword, from my experience discussing this and on other forums there are two main parties:

• Open up the depth chart, players have skill sets and sizes therefore I should be able to put any player I want in any position. Down with fascism!
  • Lock down the depth chart, Megatron at TE killed online Madden for years and people should be stopped from cheesing. Protect us oh great overlords!

The problem with No1 is that the game needs to work properly (including formation subs) with a good physics engine in order for this to be successful. If I want to put a TE at C or a S at LB, expect them to be fast and nimble but get blown up by bigger stronger players. Size and matchups need to matter a lot more with an off-ball injury system (that SS rushing from the OLB spot should be mega-pancaked if not big & strong enough and it should eventually cause an injury).

The problem with No2 is that it ruins creativity and the option of “opening up your playbook” for players that don’t want to cheese but say want Patrick Peterson at WR or JJ Watt at TE. It’s there for a good reason but I get your pain. They should have 2 settings for depth charts, locked (current system) and open (any player at any position but beware the consequences). Online play now can be locked and online CFMs can have the option.

I wrote a forum post similar to this a while back:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lity-idea.html
Actually, situation 2 would be fixed by having individual defensive assignments in the game like they should. You're putting Megatron at TE? That's fine because Richard Sherman is following him wherever he goes.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2016, 09:47 AM   #4
MVP

The biggest problem is ratings don't mean enough. If you put a 5' 8" 185 pound receiver at te he will dominate. He will not be punished significantly for his faults. He will block almost the same as a great blocking te. He will not be knocked down at the snap or ran over by the linebacker/de on his way to a free shot at the qb. Besides, In real life that wouldn't happen because defense would adjust their personel.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #5
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

I mean, how often does this actually happen?

Only times I can think of were JJ Watt at TE on the goalline, or a WR playing Safety on a hail mary.. Who else has played both ways effectively in recent years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Allowing players to be used in multiple positions will open the door for cheesing and glitches. In a video game you have to have certain rules put in place else testing and fixing glitches will be a never ending story.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Apparently I am some kind of masochist as I am playing with the Browns in my franchise, and it would be pretty fun to have Pryor play QB for me
Old 10-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #8
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I accidentally was able to switch Braxton Miller to QB (Starting QB got hurt) and still use him at WR (My 3rd string came in).

My assumption was because I had formation subs with Braxton at certain WR spots. So when I called that formation he would sub in at WR and my 3rd string QB came in. He was 4th string WR based on OVR.

I purposely tried to re-create Pryors Passing, Rushing, and catching TD game. Boy was that fun!!

Not sure how deep or possible that is though.

Last edited by Datninja619; 10-19-2016 at 05:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »