Home

New 6 minute video Madden 18

This is a discussion on New 6 minute video Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2017, 03:09 AM   #9
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: New 6 minute video Madden 18

Was it just me or were the DEs getting upfield and creating a pocket?

Pretty sure I saw that on a couple plays.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:48 AM   #10
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31

Looked somewhat like it to me. IF we see actual pass rush moves like this and utilized correctly when we see the footage releases, I might get a bit hopeful.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #11
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Yeah I responded in the comments that on the screen pass, the user just outran his blockers, they were heading toward the right defenders to block, he just didnt let them setup. On the sideline catch, ya just gotta hold x for possession catch and you will drag the toe. 5:35 there is a nice looking pass rush move by the DE. Also, I'm convinced that the Redskins helmet logo is a hair too small for some reason, I collect authentic helmets so I can look right at the real thing in front of me. I sent Kane a tweet and he blew it off, I'm positive of it though.

Lol. It's so funny how different people can see madden so differently. I mean no disrespect to the guy who did this video, but seriously, as u mentioned, the screen pass blocking actually looked good, but USER ERROR. And, the sideline catch, USER ERROR. And, really, a lot of the things he mentioned were either user error or he missed the NFL concept as opposed to madden concept, I'd say. The RB pass in the flat, even, I think the user 'squirreled' the joystick a little, and passes do get missed, anyways, so that was actually a good thing to see (for sim folks, anyways). Lol.

There was a play around 4:50 that was somewhat disappointing, and again, this guy didn't recognize what was going on. The players looked like they were either testing dollar vs the run or those were just the plays being called. I recall 3 plays. 2 of them, the RB did well, and the user did run into his blocker downfield a few yards, otherwise, could've been a bigger run. But, 1 of the plays, only 2 Dlinemen rushed and the offensive linemen went gang busters upfield!! Lol. Without blocking the 2 Dlinemen, and they tackled the back for a loss. So, that play looked awful, actually. Not sure if it was a glitch, or some type of nano. Lol. Maybe, if in dollar and u move a Dlinemen 1 slot over, the Oline doesn't recognize them. Lol. That would suck for online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 09:20 AM   #12
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31

Looked the same for me...especially out of shotgun. And the pass rush move towards the end is still a pre-determined "win" animation which is fine is some cases....but I would like to see if o lineman grab and hold off that animation or an unsuccesful move off of that.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #13
Rookie

The play at 2:29, only b/c zone cov was supposed to be a focus point: The RLB (left on screen; 40 technique/depth, inside shade of LT) doesn't try to re-route the TE (saw the question asked by someone b4); when the QB settles he doesn't settle to put his "head on a swivel" but even continues to drop depth, has no awareness that a crosser is coming directly at him and ignores the route (took a jerky step towards the WR ONLY when QB threw, then jerked back towards the TE that was in his zone b4). It looks weird b/c it seems he's almost tethered to the guy that used to be in his zone, not the one coming into his zone, like he's forced by code to stay put, then tries to cover both when QB throw animation starts.

And the rolled down S to the same side mirrors the WR's cut behind him even tho he was looking at the QB; looks like 'insta-coverage'. When the WR breaks on the post, the CB over the top goes into another backpedal animation instead of rolling with the deep in his zone. There was no one else even close to entering his zone so you can't argue he was maintaining his 1/3, pushing off to the S. NFL players are not taught to cover grass.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #14
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

@3:20 didnt like that PA play, the ball should have never touched the receivers hand.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
RE at 5:25. Best thing I've seen of '18 so far.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
I agree. Very nice animation. You can even see the LT stand up too far, pushing his weight back beyond his center of gravity. The RE makes an outside-in speed move and the LT can't gather himself b/c of his bad technique. Nice 'beat' move animation that people have requested, instead of the LT becoming a spectator. If they can clean up his 'air block' attempt afterward, that would be great.

Lol, nevermind, very next play I have to come back and edit my post. That last play sequence was horrible and eliminated the good about the play b4. Makes the nice animation b4 seem completely scripted. I hope that LT technique is not what every LT does in the game on every pass play. Once you put your weight back like that, your leverage is gone and can no longer absorb the rusher's momentum or mirror his movements effectively. You still want a straight back but have 'nose over toes'. The RT block is horrible, goes into spectator mode. As does the LT and stands still while the defender picks the ball. (and that's an INT, not a fumble...clearly, Lol) From hope to let down in one play. Dang! *the RE move is still nice tho.

Last edited by deu22ces; 06-26-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #16
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I can't judge this game until I see some User vs CPU. I hate seeing head to head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »