Home

Amazon Pre-Order Physical Copy?

This is a discussion on Amazon Pre-Order Physical Copy? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-14-2017, 09:55 AM   #9
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Amazon Pre-Order Physical Copy?

So. Here's what someone said on Amazon. Currently looking for articles verifying it, but NBA Live 18 is also digital only. NHL 18 is digital only. Star Wars Battlefront 2 is digital only. Fifa 18 is digital only.

"Since we save money on Amazon preorders with having prime and preorder benefits,other retailers like GameStop,Walmart,Target,Best Buy and others are losing out on orders and making money because Amazon gets the most preorders out of all retailers and is killing the market because of the 20% off and day release shipping. Someone stopped all of that and now amazon can't sell physical copies of games until the day of release which we will still get 20% off,but won't have the game on launch day and can't secure a copy of the game ahead of time which is preordering it. It sucks,but I'm sure GameStop and Best Buy was behind it because o Amazon blowing them out in sales."

Here's an article talking about Amazon as a whole.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ama...-it-2017-07-13

Last edited by Datninja619; 07-14-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:21 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

Wonder if we can get it day of, with prime now?
Old 07-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #11
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
So. Here's what someone said on Amazon. Currently looking for articles verifying it, but NBA Live 18 is also digital only. NHL 18 is digital only. Star Wars Battlefront 2 is digital only. Fifa 18 is digital only.

"Since we save money on Amazon preorders with having prime and preorder benefits,other retailers like GameStop,Walmart,Target,Best Buy and others are losing out on orders and making money because Amazon gets the most preorders out of all retailers and is killing the market because of the 20% off and day release shipping. Someone stopped all of that and now amazon can't sell physical copies of games until the day of release which we will still get 20% off,but won't have the game on launch day and can't secure a copy of the game ahead of time which is preordering it. It sucks,but I'm sure GameStop and Best Buy was behind it because o Amazon blowing them out in sales."

Here's an article talking about Amazon as a whole.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ama...-it-2017-07-13
I highly doubt this. Why pay $100 a year for prime, when the 20% only lasts for a little while. For $30 for 2 years Best Buys GCU gives you 20% all the time! I used to be amazon only, now I buy all my electronics from Best Buy, and I'm not alone, their online sales up 20% from last year. So how is that losing money?

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #12
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I highly doubt this. Why pay $100 a year for prime, when the 20% only lasts for a little while. For $30 for 2 years Best Buys GCU gives you 20% all the time! I used to be amazon only, now I buy all my electronics from Best Buy, and I'm not alone, their online sales up 20% from last year. So how is that losing money?
For me personally, the 20% off of pre orders was a bonus with prime. I don't think comparing Prime to GCU is 1:1, since Prime includes more than video game related benefits.

I am glad best buys subscription plan is working out. If I didn't use Amazon Prime Unlimited Music and Video streaming I'd switch to Best Buy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-15-2017, 08:06 PM   #13
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

NBA2k 18 is also digital only. Amazon is loosing my business on both games this year by not having physical copies available
Old 07-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #14
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

In my area you can do same day service although it usually arrives around 8PM. If this is true I will just order the physical copy that morning and play it that night
Old 07-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #15
Just started!

MADDEN 18 On the ps4 pro finna be fiRe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2017, 12:22 AM   #16
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
ive been checking this for 2 months i wondered too what the deal is.
Yeah, I have no clue why people go digital unless they have superior income coming in, but then... I'll take a deal no matter what lol. Going digital doesn't really benefit me in any way. But after all the patches early last year with M17 that ruined the gameplay, I might wait it out no matter what.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 07-18-2017 at 12:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »